Oh, that? That's the USS Constitution. I hear it's parked up there for tax purposes.”
Background[edit | edit source]
The U.S.S. Constitution is a late 18th century heavy frigate of the United States Navy, named by President George Washington after the Constitution of the United States of America. Its is a wooden-hulled, three-masted frigate was docked in the Boston Navy Yard mainly as a tourist attraction, with robots portraying crew members. Because of a navigation error, this frigate is currently embedded in the remains of Weatherby Savings and Loans, and under constant threat of attack by scavengers and raiders alike.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The Constitution is wedged into an old Weatherby Savings and Loan building. It is accessed by navigating the building and reaching a hatch in the hole in the forward hull. The ship has three interior decks, filled with various junk (taking any counts as stealing), Protectrons and other robots. The third deck houses the captain's quarters on the north end of the ship; there is an armor workbench and weapons workbench outside of the quarters.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- An edition of U.S. Covert Operations Manual is found on a table in the main room of the captain's quarters.
- The Broadsider is received after completing Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution.
- Captain Ironside's hat, worn by Captain Ironsides
- Access to Captain's cabin:
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The real U.S.S. Constitution is the world's oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat. The ship is permanently berthed at Pier One in Charlestown, at one ends of Boston's Freedom Trail.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The U.S.S. Constitution appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.426: "[8.03] U.S.S. CONSTITUTION
This ancient maritime vessel was docked in the Boston Navy Yard and was primarily a tourist attraction. Before the war, it was populated by robots to give visitors a feel of what life was like back in the olden days. Due to an error in navigation, the ship is currently embedded in the remains of a harbor building, under constant threat of Scavenger and Raider attack. Access the interior of this vessel via a trapdoor in the hull that leads to the bow, through the building wreckage."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)