Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout 3 locations project
The wreck of the USS Ozymandias is a small ship beached on some rocks just off the coast of Point Lookout.
Background[edit | edit source]
The Ozymandias was a ship under the commission of the Bysshe Energy Partners, sent to the Point Lookout region to survey natural gas deposits. It was scuttled by Dr. Martin J. Roach, a Bysshe employee posing as an intern. Bysshe was using the Ozymandias to scout the Point Lookout area for viable signs of bio-gas, a potent energy source. The lead geologist, Caroline Saunders, was considered by Bysshe to be dangerous, as she was a "known liberal with academic ties".
The bio-gas was, in reality, formed from methane emissions from decayed corpses. Ms. Saunders, should she figure this out, would ruin Bysshe's chances at profit. They had her under watch, with Dr. Roach reporting back. Eventually, she contacted her academic ties, and Roach was forced to enact Code Blue, running the Ozymandias aground. The ship's wreckage can be seen just off the coast.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
The USS Ozymandias lies off the coast of Point Lookout on a small island. There are items in the pilothouse, and a hatch leading below the deck.
If you jump off the deck towards the open water you will see a submerged container with several metal containers around it.
Interior[edit | edit source]
The interior is partially filled with water and is tilted from the inside. There are some junk items, along with other miscellaneous items, and at the top right of the ship there's a safe and a terminal to open it (only able to open by completion of the An Antique Land quest).
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is unknown why Ozymandias used the "USS" prefix, given that it is reserved for U.S. Navy vessels, while the Ozymandias was a private research ship. It is possible that the ship is a former navy vessel purchased for use as a private research ship.
- As the areas around the cots are irradiated, it is not possible to sleep on them.
- The USS Ozymandias is possible player housing in Point Lookout.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to the poem Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley, to whom the Bysshe company similarly references. The poem, its first line being "I met a traveler from an antique land" describes the transient and vainglorious nature of man's hubris, and can be seen as referencing both the Lone Wanderer and the entire Fallout universe.
- The terminal in the USS Ozymandias mentions the Isla Negra Real Estate company. "Isla Negra" is Spanish for "Black Isle", an obvious reference to the developer of the original Fallout games, Black Isle Studios.