Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Marcus after leaving and returning to Jacobstown.
- Deal with the mercenaries (Marcus would like to resolve the issue peacefully).
- Pay them off with 2500 caps. If 2500 caps are not had, the Courier can talk to Marcus, who can be asked for 2000, 2500, or 3000 caps to pay off the mercs (requesting 3000 results in negative Karma).
- Convince them to leave with a Speech check of 65.
- Convince them to leave with a very high reputation with the NCR.
- Failing all the above, kill the mercenaries.
- Return to Marcus.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Speak with the leader of the mercenaries harassing Jacobstown.|
|2||Come to a peaceful arrangement with the mercenaries.|
|3||(Optional) Wipe the mercenaries out.|
|4||Ask Marcus for money to pay off the mercenaries.|
|5||Return to Marcus|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- After convincing Norton to walk away via caps, the area just south of Silver Peak Mine shows a non-hostile non-player character on the compass. The spot the compass points to shows an option to talk to Norton and one or more mercenaries. Doing so does not activate a dialog.