Unsolved: Tracking Terror is a quest in Fallout 76. It was introduced in Patch 8 in April as part of Wild Appalachia series of content.
Before the war, a pair of hikers were found mauled by an unknown animal in Monongah. Dwellers can pick up the investigation decades later to see if they can determine what happened to them.
- The first step in the investigation is the police station at Monongah, located at the northwestern edge of the town. What players are looking for are:
- The next stop is the lake to the southeast of Monongah, directly east of Big Fred's BBQ Shack and on top of Site Alpha. There are two clues to collect there:
- The next stop lies upstream, where players have to track the mutant bear down. Following the stream up is generally the right direction. At the lake west of Site Alpha, players have to turn south and look for a den a short distance away. The Last page from Dr. Frank's journal is in a pile of bones nearby.
- In the cave are the final pieces of the puzzle: The remaining parts of Dr. Frank's journal, Dr Frank's corpse with Nova Biogistics coat on him, a dead mutated bear designated Subject J12: Fluffy by its name tag,
- As it turns out, a zoologist named Dr. Frank experimented on bears, somehow creature that was part bear and part cow. It escaped and killed some hikers, leaving behind strange evidence that confused local authorities. Dr. Frank tracked the creature, which had named Fluffy, to a den where it killed him. By all appearances Fluffy survived for more years after the radiation made him more like a Yao Guai. Eventually he was killed by a settler with a crossbow.