As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Welcome to our Fallout wiki and thank you for your contributions! I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
A little help to get you started:
- Recent changes lets you see what other people are editing right this minute and where you can help. You can also check our community portal for things to do.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself. If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- If you have questions, you can ask in our forums, join the live chat in our IRC channel or post a message on my talk page.
- The help pages can help you learn how to edit and how use the wiki tools. The Vault's policies and guidelines can help you with putting those tools to good use and getting up to speed with our editing customs.
I'm glad to have you here and look forward to working with you!
For excessive vandalism like what was done to Jasper's page, you'll want to edit the last good version and then save it without changing it. Thanks for keeping the vandals in check! :) Admins and "rollback users" have a rollback tool that makes it easier, but if it's more than one user that's edited it since the last good version, we have to use this method too. --Kris 14:24, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for fixing that guys.I hate anons.JaspertheViking :D? 15:38, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- Hi, Kris, what you said makes no sense. I always check a page's history to ensure that all of the vandalism is reverted, and in this case I did revert all of the vandalism. Anyways, I'm glad to be of help. Ajraddatz Talk 18:08, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- It does make sense. You needed to make two edits to get all the vandalism when it's just as easy (since you're already looking at the history) to click the Edit link next to the last edit before the vandalism, and then save it without changing it. --Kris 19:20, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Please weigh in on a proposed change in our written bugs policy.--Gothemasticator 01:11, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Bugs policy revised: new poll
Special Request for Maintenance Help
Porter has pointed out that Category:Nominated for deletion has a backlog of about 2,000 image files. Please give this category some attention. I am asking you and about 20 other editors who have shown a willingness to contribute regularly to The Vault to aim for reviewing and taking appropriate action on 100 of the images marked for deletion. If we all do our part, things will be manageable again by the end of the holidays. Thanks for your help!
- If an image has been superceded by a better image, delete it.
- If an image is unused or unlinked to by any page, delete it unless it is unique and worth having. Perhaps we will use it sometime. If you can think of a use, please add it to that page.
- If an image should not be deleted, remove the delete tag.
Yep. Forgot for a moment who does and doesn't have delete powers. In any case, if you're willing to review and remove tags that don't need to be there, that would be a great help. Cheers!--Gothemasticator 05:23, December 23, 2010 (UTC)