User talk:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?/Archive 7
|This page contains archived information from User talk:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
- 1 User page images
- 2 Book
- 3 Claridad
- 4 lol
- 5 Russsian Hat
- 6 Warnings
- 7 Book
- 8 Interwiki links
- 9 Hi
- 10 Hey
- 11 Handle
- 12 Quest project
- 13 Welcomes
- 14 Honestly,
- 15 Hey thar
- 16 Bear watching me
- 17 Yup
- 18 Thanks
- 19 Vandalism
- 20 Warnings and blocks
- 21 Dinky
- 22 Re: Thank You
- 23 Hey there yourself
- 24 Splelling
- 25 Hi
User page images
To add a category to an image, either first upload it and then add the category by editing the file page, or upload it via Special:Upload and add the category directly when uploading. Adding "Category:XYZ" to the file names doesn't do anything ;) On a sidenote, please make sure the filenames for user pages start with "User". Thanks. -- Porter21 (talk) 21:23, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
- No problem. It only just occured to me that you might be uploading your images via the edit window's "add a picture" button (which I never use myself), which unfortunately doesn't allow users to add categories and license info (unlike Special:Upload) - otherwise I would've told you sooner :) The "Upload image" link in the left sidebar (below the navigation) also links to Special:Upload by the way. -- Porter21 (talk) 21:46, May 6, 2010 (UTC)
I like it! If you made that cover, then I will personally congratulate you on being an amazing digital artist :) But judging by the cover, are you changing the name of the book to "A Dead Planet" instead of the former "Lost Planet"? Anyway, unrelated, I have been thinking about writing a book myself. Ghouly89 (Talk) 01:05, May 7, 2010 (UTC)
- That was the first thing that actually popped into my mind when reading the title :D. And yeah, my ideas are coming together about a possible nook. Of course, it has to do with pre and post-apocalyptic nuclear stuff, but it is predicted to happen much, much sooner. Ghouly89 (Talk) 21:03, May 7, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't aim to give too much away, so I'll leave you with the general backdrop. "Resources? A lack of resources? No. The most basic, essential necessity of life is at stake here. While people have been thinking about their climate change bullshit, and the lack of oil (my ass, off coast drilling is already used, so why not expand the bussiness), no one has noticed the lack of potable water available, even to 1st-world coutries! Already, 5 states have been denied running water because we simply don't have enough in the reserves, anywhere! Unless you live over the Arapahoe aquifer or next to a well, boiling water is going to become habit for you. Rioters in Missouri are practically tearing down there state government, setting fires, looting stores, doing anything they can to get the last bottled water within 400 miles!" What does Nukey think? Ghouly89 (Talk) 21:17, May 7, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, so i guess you know spanish to! I just wanted to tell you I have to sing the song Claridad by Menudo for a school play! (Look the song up on youtube its a good song if you know what it means A K A me and you).Revalation21:6 02:44, May 7, 2010 (UTC)
He He no I knew you were 13 (maybe i am to) (p.s. ... i am 13)!
The 'Russsian Hat' is not a russian hat it's a beret.Sgt.Salvator:NCR Rangers 18:30, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
I suppose I should give those out, huh? >.<
Though, where should I draw the line? The guy who edited the Alien Disintegrator page a loooong time ago replaced the article with racial slurs and penises. I'm not about to let somebody like that off with a warning... Nitty Tok. 23:47, May 10, 2010 (UTC)
Woot Thats what I like to here Nitty! I wish I could dish out some mean...uhm...stuff like that!(Revenge is a Bitch am I right) Revalation21:6 04:02, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
How is that book coming along? Jbsnicket 04:54, May 12, 2010 (UTC) posted this.
That is good. Jbsnicket 03:49, May 13, 2010 (UTC)
Links like the one you removed here are interwiki links; they are used to link to versions of the same article in different languages. For example, the link which I restored makes the "Espanol" link in the "Languages" box (on the left, below "Latest activity") appear when you look at Point Lookout (location). -- Porter21 (talk) 19:26, May 14, 2010 (UTC)
Pure mutant-alligator skin, if you can believe it. :P
Hey, would you be interested in stepping up and becoming the project leader for the Quest project? Vault4 is AWOL. You seem to be languishing without a timesink. And I think you'd make a fine leader for the project. How 'bout it?--Gothemasticator 04:05, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
I don't deserve a second project. (Somewhat for my sanity's sake ;)) You should just remember that projects will not get done quickly. I have been in stand-by mode for my project for about two weeks, simply becuase of all the other things I have going on. You just need to grab this one bucking horse by the reigns, and jerk back as hard as you can. After all, this project is huge! Ghouly89 (Talk) 18:07, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- You will do fine with it. I already got the tedious part out of the way by adding every quest to the project page. :D I will help you as often as you need help as well. Ghouly89 (Talk) 18:12, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
Bear watching me
Lol that bear picture on your user page funny. that guy who likes to use the tesla cannon 20:22, May 15, 2010 (UTC)
- Epic Pedo-Bear is epic. Nitty Tok. 12:31, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Creepy Pedobear is creepy. Kastera1000 01:41, June 15, 2010 (UTC)
yeah it is lol
Nomad420 23:19, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks for happening upon that story, I haven't touched it for a while though and left it unfinished, lol. Apocalyptic Anomoly 03:19, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Someone created a false page named Operation anchorage (add-on) containing nothing but profanity. I removed the profanity but the page has to be deleted.Oggespartan117 16:52, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Warnings and blocks
I notice your light-touch approach to violations of policy. I think it's a great approach, and I am happy to see you are not getting happy with the "ban hammer." However, I thought I might give you a few pointers:
- Anonymous users (IP address only), especially those with a very short history of edits and no user page, are not worth the effort to warn or show lenience toward. Almost all of them showed up at The Vault only in order to vandalize.
- Registered users whose edits look like mistakes or bursts of temper that might be temporary are indeed worth the effort to talk to and warn. Many of these stick around and mend their ways.
- When blocking an anonymous user with a short edit history, I would suggest not posting on their talk page at all and also using our policy on block durations. Three days is usually sufficient to do away with one-time vandals. They are too lazy, most of them, to wait out the block and come back.
- I reserve the one-day block for users who show promise but have acted out, not too terribly, and who I think just need a stern reminder of policy. One-day blocks in conjunction with a clear and non-combative note left on a talk page can have the effect of a friendly reminder rather than a punishment.
Keep up the good work!--Gothemasticator 19:50, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Thank You
Hey there yourself
Dance, as in school dance? That's cool, I plan on going to prom for the next two years of high school I have left.
Thanks. :P --Gothemasticator 19:22, May 22, 2010 (UTC)
Hey nukey its me Enclave 13. Appearently I dont know how to use a computer very well. I created a new wiki yesterday and and today I wanted to log into the vault and this account was logged in because Im on the other wiki at the same time. So please dont leave me the welcome message. Thanks! Zaku III 12:16, May 26, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks. I don't mess with the contents. I just clarify and link. I hope no one finds this offensive, but I am an english major at University and it keeps me sharp :-)
- That is really strange. At a middle school? Well luckily it wasn't real... don't want that ;) What's been going on lately? Ghouly89 (Talk) 01:05, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Usually a good idea... it's only 7:20 here (the central wiki server is 6 hours ahead). In that case, Adios! Hasta leugo! Ghouly89 (Talk) 01:20, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
Welcome to the club!
- That was probably a mean thing for me to do, I should have deleted the comment. But still, you can see why most of the senior admins (including me...) are mean, stand-offish people. Don't let the mindless little sheep get to you, Nukey. Nitty Tok. 04:44, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
Ha, thanks for the welcome.
Nice to see someone say hi, even if you didn't type it yourself.
I came over from the CoD and RDR wikias, figured i'd help out here.
Hi, thnx for letting me know about the talk pages, Im kinda new to this whole wikia thing.
Nice to see an admin that takes interest in people too, you are a rare and dying breed my good man.Ouroboros Omega 23:44, May 29, 2010 (UTC)
Im good, Just watchin The Last Samurai and imagining how awesome it would be to have a Katana on FO:NV with the new upgrades to the VATS system. :]
Also, good advice on the Hicks, gonna do just that with my Minigun. Hows u? Ouroboros Omega 00:09, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
So you should, you are the first admin to say anything to me, good or bad, on any wiki ever. Ouroboros Omega 00:20, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Its true, I can list a few Wikis if you would like? :) Ouroboros Omega 00:43, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
You wrapped your head in tape?!? Well, you certainly are an interesting fellow I must say. XD Ouroboros Omega 15:27, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- P.S. that makes two of us doing a good job on articles, you deserve the credit too. :) Ghouly89 (Talk) 01:38, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Notebox Template Idea
Well, I prefer the monospace font myself. It's easier to read than a cursive font, and for most uses of the notebox template (holodisk transcripts, terminal entries, dialogue files) it seems more fitting than handwriting. -- Porter21 (talk) 07:08, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
- "Courier", the current font, is a monospace font itself ;) "Monospace" is a font classification (like serif, sans-serif, cursive etc); I'm sure there are fonts which are called "Monospace" but that wasn't really what I meant. Anyway, I've switched the notebox template to using the same monospace font we use everywhere else. -- Porter21 (talk) 16:30, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Rad away and water...
Origa - Rise
Hey Nukey, I was surprised and pleased to see Rise by Origa on your userpage. It is a very nice song, isn't it? Do you watch Ghost in the Shell (Rise was the opening theme of the second series)? ~ Sheriff of the Wasteland 10:35, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, Ghost in the Shell is pretty awesome. ^_^ I'm fine by the way, and how are you? ~ Sheriff of the Wasteland 21:40, June 1, 2010 (UTC)
New sig pic regs
Yay! I iz a Vault Resident! Dude do you have Facebook?
Nice to see you back. I was worried there for a few days.--Gothemasticator 07:18, June 21, 2010 (UTC)
Your new pic
HAHAHAHAHAHA evil Bear! Atomic Sparkz 17:00, June 23, 2010 (UTC)