Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
User talk:Great Mara
|Archives: #1, #2|
Thank you much. Oreoman27 01:58, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
- 1 Rivet City
- 2 Really?
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Using the GECK spelling and capitalization of the item (Re: K9000 Cyberdog Gun)
- 5 Fallout: New Vegas weapons
- 6 Vandal blocked
- 7 LAER
- 8 LAER
- 9 Weskoid - blanking page content
- 10 COS
- 11 Mk
- 12 Stealth suit Mk II
- 13 Titles
- 14 Saturnite fist super heated picture is wrong
- 15 Userboxes
- 16 My Fallout IV
- 17 Consensus on named creatures?
- 18 Vote
- 19 Implant page
- 20 Fists weapon infobox
- 21 X-2 antenna(s)
- 22 This Machine
- 23 Mustang
- 24 Video embedding
- 25 Anon
- 26 Sunset Sarsaparilla mini
- 27 Behind the scenes Marksman Rifle
- 28 User offenses
- 29 Sorry
- 30 Netherlands flag?
- 31 Fallout Answers
- 32 RE: Speaking of DAM:AP
- 33 Cut content
- 34 Sonic emitters
- 35 Thanks
- 36 If it ain't broke...
- 37 Y-17 trauma override harness
- 38 Chat
- 39 Jury rigging
- 40 Jury Rigging.
- 41 Bowie knife
- 42 Answer to lonesome road
- 43 My Bad
- 44 Alpha
- 45 MREs
- 46 Unwanted snide remark.
- 47 Rawr picture
- 48 Yogi
- 49 GRA weapons
- 50 GECK
- 51 Bozar
- 52 Against All Tyrants
- 53 Sleepytyme (GRA)
- 54 Rollback
- 55 Rebreather
- 56 Melee Weapons gif file
- 57 Perks
- 58 DLC perks and interactions
- 59 Lonesome Road (Perk)
- 60 RE: Loot
- 61 Mod
- 62 ITzdmont
- 63 Re: ITzdmont
- 64 Console commands
- 65 FNV Console commands
- 66 Vandal
- 67 Holorifle.
- 68 A pat on the back!
- 69 MacReady talkpage
- 70 Gutter sight
- 71 MDPL-13 power station
- 72 Question
- 73 Current forum discussions
- 74 GECK stats
Rivet City[edit source]
Why did you revert his grammatical fixed? The new wording is better than the old. I reverted it back.--Kingclyde 03:18, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
Well that is one of the most odd Americanisms I have ever encountered. Well, I suppose I have no choice, but to leave it on the pages... Painful though it may be ;). Thanks for the info, I just have to apologise to Jspoel then. .
Just to let you know, I had the same annoyance until I found out the reason why. If a image is added via the add image button, Wikia always adds the caption=left to the gallery tag. There is nothing that can be done about it. 02:03, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Trust me, you will soon get fed up of checking each one, especially when it doesn't have any effect since that is the default setting without the setting anyway. As for notable loot, that is an item of limited availability, high value, or large amounts of. It isn't things that are found all over the wastes, (i.e. stimpaks, Med-X, bottle caps etc.) 12:17, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
Using the GECK spelling and capitalization of the item (Re: K9000 Cyberdog Gun)[edit source]
I merely used the entry exactly as it appears in GECK (which also is how the entry is capitalized in-game). I think that falls under "Proper Noun" usage. However, I'm not going to revert your changes, as I'm just trying to add a deluge of information from the release of Old World Blues, so at least some information is there for people playing it soon. Hahnsoo 08:08, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
Fallout: New Vegas weapons[edit source]
It would appear that they are arranged alphabetically at first, with their unique version listed after the normal weapon. So the tier of has nothing to do with how the weapons are arranged. The categories themselves (Guns, Energy Weapons, etc.) appear to be arranged by their commonality. Sorry if I missed what you were asking, so let me know if I got it right. Kastera (talk) 16:14, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes they are ordered by common weapon with the unique variant immediately after. If a unique weapon has no common counterpart, then it is placed in alphabetical order also. 03:11, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Vandal blocked[edit source]
Thanks. Itachou just beat me to it. Jspoel 18:27, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
Hello my friend ;)
Please don't move LAER to L.A.E.R., it's for keep the same format like Laser RCW. Nice evening and see soon, I see your work against vandal in the OWB page, thanks and keep up the good works =)! Itachou [~talk~] 22:39, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
- No problem =), I put a warning on the two pages, should be no more problem. See you around my friend! Itachou [~talk~] 22:55, July 19, 2011 (UTC)
The weapon is the LAER so I can't see the logic in calling the mod the AER. And yeah I'd leave the periods out, the main reason I changed the name was for the L, not the periods. Call it a habit. -- 01:46, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I've done it. -- 01:52, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Church of Satan? I have no idea what it stands for. I even tried to find out on the goog', but few of the suggested abbreviations seemed to fit correctly. -- 02:02, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Weskoid - blanking page content[edit source]
At a guess I would say Circle of Steel. 03:14, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
JS asked me the same thing only the other day User talk:Jspoelstra/Archive 7#Leather armor Mk or mk? 03:16, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- That is how I prefer it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone changes it (normally Tag or Kris) 03:20, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
Stealth suit Mk II[edit source]
Hello my friend =)
I see you change the X-13 cardiac regulator sneak suit for stealth suit Mk II in the text, please don't do that.
In the Vault, the real name in the Fallout universe of any items (weapons, armors etc.) have a more importance than the in-game name, which is sometimes just a nickname (like Plasma Defender that it's the Glock 86) or a vague name (like in this case). Please always used the real name if it exist but you may be unaware so no problem Mara ;)! Have a nice day and see you soon, keep up the good works my friend! Itachou [~talk~] 11:45, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Just a heads up, it is now common practise to include the name of the item (and alternative names) in bold as per The Vault:Article layout guideline/Item article. 21:37, July 20, 2011 (UTC)
- I moved it because they're all listed as Dr. on the pages. But we also have several pages with the titles listed so I don't see a problem.
Saturnite fist super heated picture is wrong[edit source]
Thats not a picture of the Saturnite fist super-heated, its not glowing and orange. Why is the wrong image from the GECK the correct one to use?
Apologies, force of habit. Carinth 03:51, July 23, 2011 (UTC)
- List is here, I don't think there is all list for all of them that have been created however. But I made custom ones however here:
My Fallout IV[edit source]
I made a blog post about my own Fallout 4. Can you see it and comment what you say? :) --gauzzrifle 11:59, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Consensus on named creatures?[edit source]
It was pretty much agreed at the time the new layout was discussed. Named = yes, unique = no. As for Specimen 73, I don't know if I would consider that to be a named creature or not. 12:56, July 26, 2011 (UTC)
Why did you vote no for me without a reason? I feel like you were trying to be rude. I think I deserve a yes but you left no reason. PipMan
- I apologize if I came across as abrassive or if you felt that I was hounding you. I just wanted to win this vote very much. I found it strange that you left no comment however. So thank you for responding. PipMan
Implant page[edit source]
I'm not really invested in this, except as sharing information, but I am curious as to why the reference to the Daft Punk song was removed. I can revise it to "probably" since I have no reference, but I can't find anything else that the title might be from. It is similar to the intro to the 70s show, "The 6 Million Dollar Man", but the line there is, "Better, Stronger, Faster". Thx for your feedback. -LawdyMissMaudy 04:11, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
Fists weapon infobox[edit source]
I see you reverted my edit from the unarmed damage page. Shouldn't bare Fists be added to the unarmed weapons table or at least mentioned somewhere? --SkyHiRider 12:30, August 1, 2011 (UTC)
X-2 antenna(s)[edit source]
This Machine[edit source]
If you dont believe This Machine looks like the Springfield rifle look it up before you remove it.
Video embedding[edit source]
I had a look at the video and image policy and didn't find anything against embedding videos on a userprofile page. As you can see Help:Video_Embed_Tool some major video sites are supported on the Fallout wiki. I tested it for Playlist.com, but had no luck. Don't think it's supported. You can try for yourself if you want. Jspoel 22:36, August 6, 2011 (UTC)
I don't think it's worth a ban. He's not doing anything malicious, and in fact, he's correcting some grammar. When he starts to do insulting things, then it's time for a block. Until then, I have no opposition. --Kastera (talk) 06:33, August 7, 2011 (UTC)
Sunset Sarsaparilla mini[edit source]
Hello, i just saw you removed my photo of sunset sarsaparilla mini, together with my edited lines. I have to remove the HUD from the photo in order to be valid for publishing in the fallout wikia? thanks for your time.
Behind the scenes Marksman Rifle[edit source]
In fact is there a guide for reference marking?(Troper of the Wastelands 16:45, August 13, 2011 (UTC))
Thanks for the advice, I'll get right to it.(Troper of the Wastelands 16:53, August 13, 2011 (UTC))
Not quiet done yet, Got interrupted and had to quit out for a minute, I'll take care of that reference by the end of the day, but I have some stuff I need to take care of (Troper of the Wastelands 17:13, August 13, 2011 (UTC))
Planned on doing it myself, but thanks anyway for the help.
User offenses[edit source]
How do you report user offenses? Is there actually a mechanism, or do you guys just throw bans at people?
I thought the pre-War money was spelled wrong, the laser rifle always spawn(don't have the PC version, and the armor unlinked. Sorry
Netherlands flag?[edit source]
Yes, that flag is correct.
~ Scribe Aurora
Thank you! The problem was that your image wasn't a square, so I made it into one.
~ Scribe Aurora
Fallout Answers[edit source]
Hello Mara :) You may have heard that The Vault's sister site, Fallout Answers, recently opted for Wikia to initiate an IP block, effectively blocking all IP addresses from editing pages for at least two weeks. In the time that I and the bureaucrat have, we would like to add upon the team over on the sister site.
At the moment, there are only two users with administrative privileges who regularly are online. In order to make the site more effective and efficient, I have been tasked with finding trusted users that can take some time (maybe 5-10 minutes) from their normal Wikia schedule to keep an eye on the site from time to time. This will potentially cut down on site traffic and allow "real" questions to be asked and answered in more depth. Through my past interactions with you, I feel that the bureaucrat and I can trust you with administrative privileges.
- I understand. I have seven users that have already accepted, so one declining isn't that big of a deal. Good luck with your classes!
srry man, never knew about not using real-life weapons, i'm still a rookie at this
RE: Speaking of DAM:AP[edit source]
With the exception of automatic weapons all weapons fire one round in vats, so you divide the damage of a single shot with the AP cost and there you have it, same goes for the shotguns. Imo the shotgun damage should be calculated by it's default damage (the damage it does with slug rounds) since all other rounds have damage multipliers.
In the case of automatic weapons you got to find out how many rounds it shoots and then multiply the single shot damage with the number of rounds it shoots and then divide by it's AP usage, for example if a weapon shoots 5 round in vats and each round does 10 damage while it uses 25 AP then it is 5*10/25 = 50/25 = 2.
In the case of explosive weapons the AOE damage counts in the single shot damage, the Missile launcher foe example does 125+200 = 325 per shot.
I don't know what happens in the case the weapon has an effect damage as well (flame, holo, emp, etc), imo since it is not mentioned in the chart then it doesn't count.
Hope I helped! Comedian1988 00:45, September 5, 2011 (UTC)
Cut content[edit source]
Sonic emitters[edit source]
That was a hasty edit on my part. I'll be careful next time. Skål! 21:06, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
If it ain't broke...[edit source]
The philosophy of a wiki is not "only edit stuff if you absolutely have to and something is terribly broken."
If my 'fixes' don't break anything, then don't 'fix' them. Multiplication should use a multiplication sign, not an "x". A dash indicating a range of numbers should be an en dash, not a hyphen. There's nothing wrong with changing punctuation to be strictly proper, but I would argue to say that there is something wrong with changing it back. Reverting an edit for the sole purpose of "it was this way first" contradicts the very idea of a wiki. —ProtonZero 22:20, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
Y-17 trauma override harness[edit source]
It is neither robot nor creature according to the GECK, it is classed in the GECK as a NPC, so no different than a Fiend or Powder Ganger. Which kinda makes sense since it is a mixed of both. 17:38, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
I know, but this is something only wikia staff can fix. It's likely they started maintenance or something as it's effecting all wikias with chat. - Crazy Sam10 Talk User blog:Crazy sam10|Poll 21:59, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
Jury rigging[edit source]
Hi! About jury rigging, I thought that unique weapons that had no normal variant where to be mentioned in the lists. Should they be mentioned or not?
Btw, about the +P or any other special bullets you can use that equation: WD=(HP*5)*(R/WF), due to bugs it's 98% accurate. Comedian1988 00:26, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it would be foolish to repair a normal weapon with a unique but not the opposite, so I thought the unique weapons should be added so someone could find witch weapons can be used to repair the uniques. I also thought of adding a highlight to such unique weapons. Comedian1988 00:35, September 17, 2011 (UTC)
- I thought something like this:
Anti-materiel rifle², BB gun¹, brush gun, caravan shotgun, cowboy repeater, hunting rifle, hunting shotgun, lever-action shotgun, single shotgun, trail carbine, varmint rifle.
- This Machine.
Anti-materiel rifle², BB gun¹, brush gun, caravan shotgun, cowboy repeater, hunting rifle, hunting shotgun, lever-action shotgun, single shotgun, This Machine³, trail carbine, varmint rifle.
with a note: ³ are unique weapons with no normal versions
Jury Rigging.[edit source]
So light armor AND clothing can repair each other? Almighty Higgey
Bowie knife[edit source]
Don't think it's the correct name, the name is from a real world knife as you can see on the talkpage. But leave it for now, it can be renamed soon enough. I don't have the DLC yet, so I'm not able to check it. Jspoel 19:51, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, it's mostly cleaning up things on a DLC release day. Have to say, missing a bit of help from rollbackers, moderators and admins on such an important day.
- Tough one. Leave it at Auto-Inject for now.
Ah, you are correct, that was my mistake as I made that page. Sorry for any invonvieniance I caused. --DesertRangerRuin 20:01, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
Answer to lonesome road[edit source]
First off, I have not downloaded lonesome road as I have just gotten a knew one to replace my old one that had kept breaking down as you may have heard on the forums. But fear not my fellow editor! I am currently watching a very reliable youtube player right now and he is uploading more videos as we speak. And to answer your bowie knife question, its spelled as Bowie knife. 16:48, September 20, 2011 (UTC)
My Bad[edit source]
sorry, i was matching it to what it was called in-game, lol. my bad.
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, I only noticed after I made the comment that the other guy changed the comma. And that sounds horrible. Not tasted MREs before but I have tried some of our (UK's) ORPs and I think I need psychological help to get over the trauma. I rate them only slightly better than starvation.--GreyMullen 03:11, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
I think it's just the monotony of it. There isn't a lot of choice with ORPs. 'Allegedly' there are a few menus but you always end up with the same stuff. It's not horrible food but after a week of eating the same thing you just want to kill the next person to offer you 'Menu B'. It isn't helped by the fact they come in big-ass ten man boxes so everyone gets the same, so there's no chance for swapsGreyMullen 03:21, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
Unwanted snide remark.[edit source]
I'm not sure you know what the point of an admin is in a Wikia wiki. They're not intended to be in charge, they're simply given more powers than normal users in order to help keep the peace and ensure that a wiki doesn't fall apart. Other than that, it's up to every user to enforce policy, regardless of how much they do or do not contribute to the whole scope of the wiki. If someone added something to the mainspace of a page that didn't belong there, I would remove it. Ditto on the talk page. Just because I'm not a fervent user of this particular wiki doesn't mean I don't know how Wikia wikis work.--OzzMan 13:25, September 21, 2011 (UTC)
Rawr picture[edit source]
Hey I added the picture on the rawr page since it's the closes't thing to what rawr looks like. Im basically saying it's a temporary picture.M 17:45, September 21, 2011 (UTC)m
It's not really grounds for blocking; I left him a message about it. If he continues to change it, I might have to take further action, but as of now, it's not necessary. --Kastera (talk) 02:22, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
GRA weapons[edit source]
Seems that the weapons are different after noticing these two Formspring questions,  and . I think we was a bit hasty in adding redirects, just wanted to let you know since you added a redirect as well. 02:25, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah, I am.--BSMaker 01:51, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
- I was mistaken, though. I forgot to check DLC scripts that add weapons to formlists. I talked about that on the 5.56mm pistol talk page.--BSMaker 01:55, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
Ok, I will.
Against All Tyrants[edit source]
At least have the decency of pointing out the relevant section of the guideline, instead of throwing the whole book at me. I get it, so don't trouble yourself now.--Soma4themass 01:27, October 6, 2011 (UTC)
Sleepytyme (GRA)[edit source]
Hi Mara. Just a question - Is your rollback working? I tried to rollback a bad edit, but the button didn't appear. Is this happening to you, too, or is it just my crappy internet? 04:50, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
- It's cool, rollback is working again. Must have been my crappy internet or something. 05:02, October 8, 2011 (UTC)
Really? On all of my playthroughs (around 4 or 5), whenever I equip the rebreather it takes off all of my headgear. But wait... I've never attempted putting the headgear back on; I assumed that if it was removeed, it couldn't be used with the rebreather. Or maybe I have a glitch? --Kastera (talk) 03:05, October 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't wear helmets; it's usually the 1st Recon beret or a cowboy hat. Maybe that's it.
Melee Weapons gif file[edit source]
I'm puzzled. Very strange, never deleted, still it's gone. Well, Avatar's on it also. Maybe he can figure it out. Otherwise, it's back to the Fallout game files I'm afraid. Jspoel 18:19, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Well this was a weird one. The image was there, but didn't show until I uploaded a new version. Seems there is an issue with wikia. 18:19, October 15, 2011 (UTC)
Regardless of it they work or not, they should not be added as they are conditional damage perks (i.e. they only add damage if certain conditions are meet). Only non-conditional perks are to be added to the infobox. 10:35, October 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, Lonesome Road is conditional and needs to be removed from every page. And you're correct, DLC don't tend to interact with each other in most cases. Although it is possible, it is very hard and prone to glitches (especially if the user doesn't have the DLC), which is why it tends to be avoided (hence why GRA has it own set of weapons). And the only weapons from the OWB dlc to be added to Laser Commander are the LAER and Elijah's version. 10:35, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- There is no need to renumber or reorder the perk numbers, my bot is currently doing that. 21:04, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- It should be explained here Fallout 3 combat. Although I was sure it wasn't applied, it seems to suggest it does. Some actual in game testing might be required. 23:10, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- There is no need to renumber or reorder the perk numbers, my bot is currently doing that. 21:04, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
DLC perks and interactions[edit source]
Perks from DLCs affect other weapons if they affect global stats. Eg. a perk giving a 10% increase in damage (Lonesome Road) will affect weapons from other DLCs, since it changes a global stat (damage multiplier). However, perks that rely on formlists (such as grunt) will not affect weapons from other DLCs, since they can't reference these weapons. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 10:43, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
- The way I figured it. DLC's run a script to add the weapons to formlists for base game only perks etc. i.e. there is a formlist for all weapons (NVAllWeapons) which what the general damage perks run off. If a weapon isnt added via the script to the correct formlist, it isn't affected by the relevant perk. The easiest one I can think of off the top of my head is the Faderator in all DLC's. 23:04, October 20, 2011 (UTC)
Lonesome Road (Perk)[edit source]
Should the perk be removed from all weapon infoboxes? Richie9999 01:14, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Mmkay. Mind if I lend you a hand in getting rid of it from pages? Richie9999 01:19, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
RE: Loot[edit source]
Hey, sorry, I didn't realize you were undoing my edits so I kept putting stuff back. I wasn't trying to be aggressive, just to get that out of the way.
Also, I was always under the impression skill mags were notable, they show up quite a bit on the regular Mojave Wasteland locations articles. Well, whatever, I hope you didn't remove the one I put at the Interchange because that was 4 skill mags in one place and a big cache of ammo n' stuff.
- JackFrost23 06:10, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, well that's too bad. I thought it helped to flesh the page out a bit to include magazines...
- - JackFrost23 07:01, October 21, 2011 (UTC)
Took care of ITzdmont, shouldn't perform anymore vandalism. ---bleep196- 03:19, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
Re: ITzdmont[edit source]
nice job, mate! I just happened to notice something 'fishy' going on, but before I could even assess the threat, the problem was resolved! Although I'm not heavily involved in wiki management, I'd like to thank you for your swift action in disposing of the vandal. -Ninjacat123
Console commands[edit source]
I have to oldest version in a doc, I'll remake the page when they leave. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
FNV Console commands[edit source]
- Multiple guys, that's why rollback ain't working. "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
Allright, I think I got him (or them) now. Thanks. Jspoel 10:50, October 27, 2011 (UTC)
Ahh I see, Teamwork!;)
A pat on the back![edit source]
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For giving vandals no chance here. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated! Jspoel 21:26, November 7, 2011 (UTC)
MacReady talkpage[edit source]
I'm blocked too. I see you've added it in parts again, but we lose the history. That's a bit of a shame. Best we can do for now. Jspoel 22:22, November 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed it, in two parts. I wanted to save the history.
Gutter sight[edit source]
I have seen. Both terms seem to be used by the gun community (quick google search) with neither being the correct one. Although gutter sight seems to be the preferred one (mentioned in the Wikipedia page on iron sights). 00:17, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- Also, I noticed your user page is locked. Might be why he hasn't responded? 00:19, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
MDPL-13 power station[edit source]
You did comment the elimination of my addition with "Strategy".
"Strategy" isn't allowed there?
--CompleCCity 08:29, 4 December 2011 (UTC)
Current forum discussions[edit source]
If you have a moment of spare time, I'd appreciate your input on these forum discussions: