User talk:Itachou/Archive 3
|This page contains archived information from User talk:Itachou. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
- 1 Images
- 2 Appearances
- 3 Psychological Evaluation
- 4 Date
- 5 Caesar and Caesar's Legion
- 6 Problem
- 7 help
- 8 anon vandalism
- 9 Same guy
- 10 He keeps coming
- 11 DLC Dates
- 12 Medtex
- 13 master page
- 14 Vault boy images
- 15 Sledgehammar
- 16 Capital Wasteland BOS page and remove contents
- 17 Nice!
- 18 Odysseus
- 19 Followers of the Apocalypse
- 20 Moved from your user page
- 21 Vandal
- 22 Pics
- 23 Fan-mod information
- 24 sonic baton
- 25 Restoration project information
- 26 Tagaziel
- 27 My origins
- 28 gecko
- 29 John Cassidy
- 30 Tully
- 31 Vault-Tec logo
- 32 Cut content... again
- 33 Found ya!
- 34 Ghost of She
- 35 Joshua Graham
- 36 No problem!
- 37 New Reno
- 38 Arroyo
- 39 Van Buren
- 40 Sound project
- 41 Sounds project
- 42 Quote
- 43 Merge .223 and 5.56mm
- 44 FO1 and 2 characters project
- 45 Appearances below Behind the scenes?
- 46 BoS images
- 47 New Arroyo - Arroyo page
- 48 Thanks
- 49 Vandal
- 50 Arroyo (Fallout 2)
- 51 Van Buren
- 52 Timeline
- 53 Layout section
- 54 .44 magnum revolver (Fallout: New Vegas)
- 55 World Map
- 56 "Member section in the infobox is for "Notable member" not for all member! Special format for the Brotherhood of Steel pages"
- 57 Miscellaneous alien items
- 58 Not speculation
- 59 Vandal
- 60 Vault 15
- 61 Re:
- 62 Some bad editions
- 63 Lugiatm
- 64 Interactive world objects
- 65 Harold
- 66 Custom Vault Boy images
- 67 Capitalizing
- 68 World objects
- 69 Re: Custom Vault Boy images
- 70 Yes, hi
- 71 Alien ship name italic
- 72 Adminship
- 73 Deuce coupe
- 74 Nifskope
- 75 Singular they
- 76 Vandal
- 77 Deuce Coupe & Corvega
- 78 Katana.
- 79 Fonts
- 80 Notable fighters
- 81 Both previous conversations
- 82 30,001
- 83 Adminship
- 84 Notable skill fighters
- 85 Benny
- 86 Stealth Boys
- 87 Various
- 88 Skills
- 89 Lone Wanderer
- 90 Good Afternoon
- 91 Buildings
- 92 Ban-Hammer
- 93 Deletion
- 94 Advice
- 95 Governments
- 96 Sward
- 97 Quotes.
- 98 Quick note of thanks
- 99 Unity
- 100 Super mutants in GECK
- 101 Mad idea...
- 102 Greetings
- 103 Vault Girl image
- 104 My image
- 105 5 quotes
- 106 Vandal
- 107 Swaasdorp
- 108 K9000
- 109 Unity, operation etcetera
- 110 Fallout walkthrough
- 111 Paulson/Toshiro
- 112 Offensive name.
- 113 Race
- 114 Small favour
- 115 Humans
- 116 Quotes
- 117 Race
- 118 Fallout and science
- 119 Kago
- http://filesmelt.com/dl/trans.rar Only the guns and throwables are in that pack. I don't plan non making pages for the melee weapons right now, and I thought I'd save you the trouble of fixing images I don't plan on using. Darkman 4 17:59, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Everything in the .rar are the images I want transparent. Darkman 4 18:25, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Those models are hidden deep in the tech demo's files. A Russian website managed to extract them and convert them to .max format a year or so ago. As far as I know, there's no way to get them in-game. Darkman 4 18:28, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Awesome job man! Darkman 4 19:45, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
You are right but note that the article is not about the guns themselves but about the company that manufactures them. Listing where the guns appear is pointless as the same information is given on their own respective articles.(Nemerian 17:50, May 25, 2011 (UTC))
Thanks I don't know enough of the formatting etc for Wikia so did what I could. I noticed it was something missing that FO3 had on it's page for the G.O.A.T. RGDelta
Doesn't Fallout 2 begin in 2241? Trolly Polly Olly 11:59, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
Caesar and Caesar's Legion
I disagree that the Master and Caesar are comparable. The Master is a different personality, as you say, because he is a product of FEV and a composite of three separate individuals, whereas Caesar had no actual change in personality - the background section of his article notes that he was narcissistic and petulant even while a Follower of the Apocalypse.
More pertinently, I disagree with the use of "Caesar" as a founder in the Legion infobox. Your argument defeats itself here; if Caesar and Edward Sallow are two distinct personalities, then surely you must agree that the Legion wasn't founded by Caesar, but by Edward Sallow. That is why "Edward Sallow" was listed as a founder but "Caesar" was listed as the leader. The (flawed) comparison you gave above doesn't apply here because the Master didn't found the Unity until after he became known as the Master, which wasn't the case with Caesar.
Finally, a point about consistency. If you're going to change the founder of the Legion from "Edward Sallow" to "Caesar", at least change the other founder from "Joshua Graham" to "Malpais Legate", as that was Graham's name while he was in the Legion. Thanks, --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 11:23, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
We're having a problem on the Three Dog page with unregistered retards running amok. Is there any way we get get that page locked from unregistered editing? Along with my user/talk page? Great Mara 23:15, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, please. I would like my page protected. At least one iof the culprits earlier was bouncing around using proxies. Great Mara 23:26, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
anon keeps blanking three dog page. I have undone like a million times. heres his IP 126.96.36.199 kevobk 23:15, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
thanks, that guy was getting on my nerves. kevobk 23:18, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
Is now going apeshit on Kevobk's User Page. :/ http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52 Great Mara 23:29, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
He keeps coming
He keeps coming back. Rolling back his edits at Kevbobk's page is getting really tiresome. gears of duty
I've looked everywhere on the web, and besides the site you posted there seems to be no other confirmed dates for the DLC releases. I suggest you revert your edits, not because I believe they're incorrect, but just because it doesn't seem very credible, considering it's the only site with an exact day. --Geerardr 02:19, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for the clarification, sorry I doubted! .. And on that note, nice find. --Geerardr 10:45, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Okay so last night I tweeted GStaff, who has done the announcing on the Bethesda forums for the Old World Blues perk info. He said that they haven't made an announcement for the official dates yet, so i'm going to remove them. His reply is to the same name as my profile on here. --Geerardr 15:53, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
How on Earth could it be a K? It's clearly an X. Trolly Polly Olly 12:11, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
Vault boy images
Gotta say, love 'em! They are brilliant. I also support your idea of weapon sound files, but would also like to see some dialogue sound files too. But still, brilliant! Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 22:52, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
I just got an idea. I'm writing up a PnP fallout roleplaying game, and Iwould like to use your vault boy images in the weapon part of the rules, you know, for firing semi, burst and somesuch. Now I'm asking for your permission, and I'll post it when I'm done! Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 12:28, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
Well, only one thing springs to mind, and it requires three images. When you construct your character, you choose an origin: Vault Dweller (well educated, less combat), Wastelander (Not so educated more combat/survival) or Ghoul (good at everything, social stigmata). If you could whip up a nice pic for 'em (maybe not Vault dweller, kinda already exist) I would be forever grateful! Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 12:44, May 31, 2011 (UTC)
The only reason being that it is a very small article and only gives info on sledgehammers from certain games.(Nemerian 17:53, May 31, 2011 (UTC))
Capital Wasteland BOS page and remove contents
Based on my own knowledge of the Brotherhood, it is in fact you who has been inserting false information. According to the History of the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel, "the Capital Wasteland division of the Brotherhood of Steel, headquartered in the Citadel, became its own entity: still affiliated with the Brotherhood of Steel on the West Coast, and bound by its laws and customs, but otherwise completely independent". It seems more than a little harsh to threaten me with a ban for putting that it is a chapter of the Brotherhood when, as far as I am aware, that is the case, unless you can point out to me any formal declaration of independence by the CW BoS or any formal declaration of severance by the Lost Hills BoS. To call it "inserting false information" is unfair because clearly, my edits were not in bad faith, whether I was correct or not.
Also, I do not believe that it is fair to criticise me for removing information considering the nature of said information. Both were sections comprising solely of a link to a "main article", one of those sections was made redundant by information in the infobox, and neither section belonged on the page at all according to The Vault:Fallout faction overhaul project. Thanks, --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 15:32, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll put it bluntly: you appear to have rewritten the project guidelines, without prior discussion, to suit your own ends . You have added guidelines such as "keep gameplay information" and having an "interactions with the player character section" with the apparent intention (and I sincerely hope I am wrong on this) to make yourself retroactively seem correct. Did it not occur to you that perhaps these guidelines were not included on the project page in the first place for a reason? And does it also not seem sensible that, like regular article layout guidelines, you discuss before making any changes to the guideline? The page I just linked states that "Any registered editor is free to edit this page to improve its readability as long as the essence of the article remains unchanged". The same applies to project guidelines - make a discussion on the talk page or in the forum before changing the substance of guidelines.
- The pages affected so far are as follows:
- Please revert your edits (including those affecting the guidelines of the factions project) and start a discussion before making any more. None have been improvements, and in a couple of cases have actually inserted false information (e.g. Big Sal is not a leader of the Omertas, the NCRCF is based on the ruins of the Jean Conservation Camp, not those of the Southern Nevada Correctional Facility, and Marcus founded the Black Mountain mutant settlement, not Tabitha).
- Finally, you have changed the History of the Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel page to reflect the facts as you see them, but you have still not provided a source indicating that the CW BoS is independent from the main contingent . --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 16:58, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
I was wondering, Itachou, why did you move Odysseus to fully capped? Jspoel 20:33, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
Followers of the Apocalypse
You appear to have been mistaken with some of the content of your Followers of the Apocalypse edit . The official guide makes it pretty clear that the Followers migrated with the NCR to Old Mormon Fort in their entirety, and that's where the entire organisation is based in-game in 2281. Unless you have an in-game source directly contradicting this?
Moved from your user page
sorry about doing this to you're page but I coulden't find any other way to ask this question. I saw you uploaded some pictures of the upcoming add-on Old World Blues and I was woundering how you happened apon then? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lazysupermutant (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Love 'em! Thank you for the pictures (I'll make sure to credit you!) and I might just ask you later in the process. Eternal gratitude, and hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 20:05, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, it's just hard to tell because my game wouldn't work without that mod. I'll try to distinguish. Thanks. GuardianOfTheWastes 20:31, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks again. I intend to do Fallout 1 grid references (in relation to Vault 13) tomorrow.
I found that out so I did not change anything. I uploaded the photo before you told me, so I didn't put it on the page. Sorry if I've annoyed you, this is my first day after all ;)
Sorry, but futurist and eletric are not english words, you are probably thinking about 'futuristic' and 'electric.' kevobk 21:39, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
No problem, happens to me all the time. kevobk 21:43, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Restoration project information
I didn't realize it was up for deletion some day. We can transfer any such information across, with the category "documentation" if / when that occurs - Dude101 21:48, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
I have thought well about it and also done the research to back up my motivation. Like you say, I've given my honest opinion, and that's the only right thing to do I think.
And I'm from Holland, so pretty close to France. Ok, your English is a bit off, but it's no problem. I think everyone here understands what you mean. I do anyway. And I think we all appreciate your friendliness. Grtz, Jspoel 23:37, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Well, I'm born and raised in Holland, in the northern part near Leeuwarden (try to pronounce that as a Frenchman ;)), so I have Dutch as my first language. I also talk a dialect that's common for this part of the provence. And yes, we did go well in the WC, didn't we? I enjoyed it. Sorry for the problems in the French team. About the wiki, I have a request for you to consider. Some days ago you uploaded some weapon sounds. Can you add some sound quotes of Liberty Prime to his page? I would be very interested in that and probably a lot of Fallout fans with me. I would take me too much time to figure it out, you can do it faster I'm sure (can you tell me how you do it?) Signing out, The One :) Jspoel 11:41, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, yes, I really like these quotes. Thanks for helping me out! Now I need to somehow add it properly to the Liberty Prime page. Not sure how because of the rotating quotes. Do you know? Jspoel 15:31, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I took me a little time, but success at last! There are about 30 Prime quotes which I'd all like to add, but that may be a bit too much in the 'Aradesh' format. I was thinking, maybe the sound files can be rotated too.
- I'm curious as for the Graham quotes! He has a distinctive, interesting voice so this should be a fine addition.
- Sure thing, mon ami. I'll hear them through.
- Nice quotes to go with Graham, Itachou. Visitors will enjoy it, I'm sure. I noticed you created (or rather renamed) the FNV audio file category, Now I know how to categorize them properly!
- Liberty Prime wouldn't settle for anything less than perfection, right? ;)
- You ever though of adding quotes to Jacoren? I especially want the "You're a hero... And you have to leave." quote, as it gives me goosebumbs. Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 13:30, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- You do deserve one friend! Imagine sitting on a sunny porch drinking an ice-cold nuka cola! Your work has been outstanding! Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 16:38, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry. kevobk 23:46, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
Can you take a look at John Cassidy's page, Itachou? I added his talking head image to the infobox page, but Dude101 said on User:GuardianOfTheWastes's page it'd fan-art? Jspoel 14:19, June 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm a little sad to see it go, I liked the image. Now it's back to a birds' view shot of the character... But I understand the reasoning.
Do you mean that Tully is not to be edited, or I should meantion not this abbey? Thanks for the heads-up. :) GuardianOfTheWastes
Thanks again :) GuardianOfTheWastes
Cut content... again
I'll steer clear then :). THank you once more, you are an endlessly helpful guy. GuardianOfTheWastes
Found ya on Formspring -- Valoopy 17:04, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Me too! I notcied someone ask him what model 1911 that A Light Shining in Darkness is made off of, and I believe he said due to its shirt barrel, the offcer's variant, though it's a little off. He didn't deny it, so we technically can say .45s are 1911s finally. BTW I asked him if there'll be a little box 'o swag at the end of OWB, like there was in HH. -- Valoopy 17:19, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I realize that, unfortunately, Avellone is doing OWB. I looked for him two, but didn't find him. Someone else asked Sawyer an OWB question, but only recieved "I don't know. Ask Chris Avellone." as an answer. Anyway, that site'll be useful, we'll be like the Vault's ambassadors to fromspring! XD (BTW, I assume English isn't your first language. What is your first?) -- Valoopy 17:41, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Lol, I'm only 17, so Vegas is a tad far, and I wouldn't allowed to do anything. And I LOVE deciphering bad English! Like a...cultural puzzle. -- Valoopy 18:01, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
No, we get a license at 16, but I live in Ohio. And I just think it's like a puzzle when your English is wrong and I have to figure out what you are trying to say. Puzzles are fun. -- Valoopy 18:13, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
I have a bad feeling about my chances of Sawyer answering me now. I should get a twitter, that's where Avellone spends his time. -- Valoopy 19:50, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
That is absolutely right in all parts! Well, see ya later, and have a good day! -- Valoopy 20:14, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Ghost of She
Yes, I remember you uploading it. Because it's classified as a non-player character and to give it some more dynamics, I prefer an in-game image instead of a GECK render. Now I understand what kind of image yours is, I removed the text from your image, just leaving it blank. If you still like some text to go with it, you can add it. :) Jspoel 23:14, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah yes Itachou, some quotes from our not all too bright super mutant would be interesting to hear. I've seen the Jacoren page, also nicely done! I do think though that we should not add that many audio files to all characters, just a few main and interesting ones, like Liberty Prime and Jacoren. Otherwise pages get too cluttered with them, I believe. Other characters, of less importancy and with nice some quotes, can have 3 I think in the audio section.
Yes, it's all those things you said, tweaking with contrast, lighting, shadows, brightness in Photoshop. Of course, in the first place I wanted to have perfect daylight and be rid of the shadow. Took me some time, first I tried at the Angel Cave, origal location. Was too dark there. Then I thought, let's move him to The Spine, as close as possible to a clean sky. After transporting him there I tried about 10 times before I got the perfect angle, him facing the sun. And behold the result. I really wanted this image to be good, also because I remember the discussion about it, and wanted to avoid another round ;) Looking forward to those audio files! Gtrz, Jspoel 19:33, June 7, 2011 (UTC)
- I also used auto tone and/or auto color. Those 2 options often clear up the sky and surroundings.
That's okay. I actually didn't know a character named Attis existed so I added a note to the notes section about the possibility of him being named after the consort of Cybele in Phrygian and Greek mythology. Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel doesn't seem to get much attention so I guess I'll have a gander at other articles about it. Almighty Higgey
Sorted. Didn't see the entrance in the Virgin street image as it is so small a part of it. As for the infobox image, is that really supposed to be a map, to me it looks like a postcard and nothing really special. 19:37, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- So if it isn't a map or represents it, then why is it placed as the main infobox image? And I disagree with the placement of the image, in itself it already creates a large white space next to the image and creates the need for readers to scroll further than they need to. 19:59, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
Well how about floating the image to the left of the text instead of the right. That way the ugly white space to the right of the image is filled and you also get the image showing right where the eye first starts the sentance. 20:10, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- I think you are getting left mixed up with right. Have a look now, this is what I meant by my last message. 20:19, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
Hello Itachou. I disagree that my addition to the page was a proposal for a "bad" split, otherwise I would not have added it. Additionally, the template was merely a proposal for a split pending discussion, something which you seem to have ignored by going ahead and performing a large change on the page without prior discussion, as well as removing my template. I don't think asking an admin for permission to start a discussion on whether to split a page or not is necessary, and also outside of admin responsibilities outlined at VA:RFA.
New Arroyo and Arroyo require different pages because they are geographically distinct. The page for Arroyo indicates that Arroyo was the settlement inhabited by the Chosen One, abandoned after the downfall of the Enclave, and New Arroyo is a completely new settlement founded by the Vault 13 and Arroyo survivors with the aid of the GECK. As for the map images, these have their own field in the location infobox, and the most "recent" image of the location (i.e. the ending slide) should be used. If the policies and guidelines are, as you say, outdated, then a discussion on updating them should be started, rather than making unaccountable changes "on the fly". --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 21:07, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- The format used for the Shady Sands pages was, as far as I can see, at no point discussed, and is inconsistent with all the pages for other characters and locations that appear in multiple games (which isn't even the case for Arroyo). Funny you mention it actually, I was just in the process of starting a new forum topic on the Shady Sands pages, so watch this space I guess.
- As for evidence of the geographical distinction, there's the phrases "the refugees of Arroyo and Vault 13 resettled", "building a new community", "Finding themselves hundreds of miles from their Vault" (which is known to be not too far from the original Arroyo), and "establishing a new community". --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 21:33, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- It doesn't matter that nobody has said anything up until now, what matters is that I am saying something now. Consensus can change, and as there was no discussion in the first place, there was never even any established consensus. People should not have to prove themselves as a "skilled admin" to you before being able to propose changes.
- As for the geographical distinction, to me, the language is unambiguous. The actual definition of resettle is "to settle in a different place", so it is in fact saying exactly what you say it doesn't. Your argument also completely failed to address the whole "building a new community" business. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 21:56, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- The ending can change, but we have seen no indication of this with regards to Arroyo, so we should not be assuming that it has - on this reasoning we would assume the entire of Fallout 2 to be semi-canon. Just because we have no indication of the location of New Arroyo does not mean we should not document it with its own page - we do know it is nowhere near the original Arroyo, otherwise that would have simply been reoccupied. Chances are it's close to Navarro, as that's where the survivors would have found themselves in the immediate aftermath of the Enclave's downfall.
- If we are unable to reach an agreement between ourselves, perhaps the issue should be put to the community, rather than you simply declare that the pages are to be kept as you want them until a confirmation of its exact location is given, which doesn't really seem relevant to the issue at hand. That is exactly the problem with the admin culture which I talked about on Tagaziel's reconfirmation page. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 22:27, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- It's not speculation - it's explicitly stated in the Fallout 2 endings that Arroyo was settled in a different place. The evidence is conclusive.
- I, too, have edited on several different gaming wikis with different editing cultures. If I am, as you say, to gain a "hateful reputation", then so be it. Proposals should be judged on their strength and viability, not the reputation of the person proposing them. Otherwise we have an ad hominem argument, and that's a culture which should be discouraged on any wiki. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 23:12, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
- If people cannot consider a proposal objectively and feel the need to vote based on their personal feelings about me rather than how they see the proposal then that is irrational of them - it is their problem, not mine. I don't always edit under the same name, or even on wikia gaming wikis; for example I'm Santax on the Guild Wars Wiki. I don't really like using the same name for too many wikis, I don't like the idea of people being able to look me up as easily as you have done :P --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 23:56, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
Yeah I created it after digging around and finally finding this page on NMA. I thought it best to add the detail here so it doesn't get lost over time, plus it helps people explore VB as much as I have done. As for VB itself, I have only skimmed through it. But I do feel now that FNV has disappointingly missed out on what it could have been if only it used more elements from VB than it already has. 22:39, June 10, 2011 (UTC)
Ah oui, mon ami, c'est bien! I've already unpacked a few thousand FO3/FNV files to browse through :/ I'll try to find some nice quotes, starting with main characters. What program do you use to unpack the FO1/2 sound files by the way? Jspoel 16:28, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Itachou, I think we should keep the voices (audio dialogues) and the weapons sounds in a seperate category. That's why I created a Category:Fallout 3 weapon sounds and Category:Fallout: New Vegas weapon sounds for the weapons sounds. You can do it for Fallout 1/2 if you agree. Jspoel 18:34, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
Sounds good. Trolly Polly Olly 16:46, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
How exactly do i upload a sound to the Wiki? Trolly Polly Olly 16:49, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
Hey mate, I just happened on your userpage as you had changed profile pic, and saw your quote "Omnia mutantur, nihil interit" which I thought was just beautiful! I have a thing for quotes, and that this really touched me =). Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 19:14, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
Merge .223 and 5.56mm
Are there any instances in the Fallout universe of 5.56mm being used in a .223 chambered weapon? I know you can use a .223 in a 5.56mm weapon like you can in real life. But in real life it is not recommended to use 5.56mm in a .223 chambered weapon as it will cause major wear and could cause a breach explosion. 19:57, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah the .233 links to the 5.56mm FNV page, this is because you can use it in 5.56mm chambered weapons (it was combined on that page for simplicity as there are no .223 chambered weapons in FNV). What concerns me is using the rounds the other way round. But by the sounds of it That Gun shouldn't be on the .223 pistol page. 20:39, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
- P.S. I am neutral as well, just considering all the options and possible arguments. 20:41, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
FO1 and 2 characters project
Seen as you seem to be the most helpful guy I've come across, could you do me a favour and check some of my pages to tell me if I'm missing anything or if there good enough? I think it will be helpful... Here's a few: Lumpy Cornelius Dorothy Henry Derek I've been fairly busy as I have lots of freetime at the moment, but your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, and don't worry if you don't have the time. GuardianOfTheWastes
- I really appreciate that, thanks again. Just thought it was roght to check that I was doing it right,&c. See you around, I'm sure. GuardianOfTheWastes
Appearances below Behind the scenes?
Itachou, I see you moved the Appearances section to below the Behind the scenes section on the Think Tank page. When I look on the Creature article layout page I see that Appearances section is placed above the Behind the scenes section, even with a gallery. Can you explain? Jspoel 15:59, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
- I also think the Appearances section is very secondary, of less importance to the Behind the scenes section. But I see the Appearances section in 95% of the time placed above the Behind the scenes on pages (and I've visited a lottt of pages), so people tend to use the guideline. I feel it's not worth a forum page yet, as we already have a lot of projects that are currently in progress and which are of more importance (like the sound project). Let's leave it for now, and I suggest to stick to the current layout, appearances above behind the scenes. Jspoel 16:31, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
I have images for all the weapons in chapter 1, most in chapter 2, but i don't have that laser pistol afaik. i'll be uploading them when i have the time to crop and resize them. im sure i'll have that laser pistol in a week though. assuming i don't have anything come up. i also have pics of the armor, cloth, leather, and metal so far.
i am going to just move the bulk of my BoS xbox saves to my computer, that way if I need them I will have them. However there is no need to sell anything in this game as the bottle caps are just flowing freely, i think i have over 12 thousand bottle caps right now. like all fallout games, just about the only thing I ever buy are stimpacks. i loot everything else, get by with inferior armor for a while because i know i'll eventually find the good stuff. -KryxanDrossious 23:18, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
New Arroyo - Arroyo page
Hello Itachou. I am talking to someone, the pages are drafts for Forum:Revisiting the Shady Sands pages. I reverted them straight away, so I don't see the cause for concern - no permanent changes were made. Have a look at the discussion if you like. Thanks! --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 12:16, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Sure Ausir said his piece, but under current policy, just because an admin has weighed in doesn't mean that the issue isn't still up for debate (although I'll admit that might change depending on the outcome of Forum:Discussion - Admin responsibility definition). Besides, Ausir only stated his opinion, rather than declare any decision to be made.
- As for the edits, I really don't understand what I've done wrong. They were test edits, a demonstration of what the altered page would look like, and reverted straight away - no lasting changes were made to the page. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 12:32, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- In case of New Arroyo, I think there is no need for a split, since the name change is not that big, and there is only one gameplay implementation of the location, not two or more. I think the pages should be merged.
- Speaking of which, what is the source of New Arroyo being a member of the NCR? I don't remember any such mention, but if it is indeed mentioned, it should be properly referenced in the article. And what's the source for the name "New Arroyo" as opposed to just "Arroyo"? I only remember the latter being used, and "New Arroyo" being only referenced in a Fallout 2 mod. Ausir(talk) <staff/> 13:58, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks, I knew I was forgetting something, I just couldn't remember what it was. I'[l catagorize my sounsd now --Bot2345 12:30, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Happy to be of service!
Arroyo (Fallout 2)
Just a heads-up, most of the people who actually contributed to the content of the "Arroyo" page did so on the "Arroyo (Fallout 2)" page, so the previous revisions are listed on that page due to craziness with all the redirects, and have been lost due to your delete. CC-BY-SA 3.0 requires that we provide attribution for everything on the wiki (which is done through history pages), so to avoid breaking Wikia licensing policy, could you restore the "Arroyo (Fallout 2)" page and just redirect it to the Arroyo page or something? Thanks. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 15:18, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks! --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 15:28, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, as Lugiatm says, it was done to preserve the past edits to the page. Edits to both pages are now part of the merged history. Ausir(talk) <staff/> 16:14, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
Maybe you can answer this for me, I have looked through all the design documents and cant find any reference to these. Do you have any idea where the info came from. 17:26, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
I saw the changes you made and I can't say that I fully agree with it. My largest complaint I have is the add-ons can be done in any order that you want (except for Broken Steel, but you know what I mean). That being said, think that Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta should be placed back to 2277 rather than 2278. I also want to add that Mothership Zeta shouldn't be 'marquee-ed' as the end of Fallout 3; Broken Steel should be since it has the last story quest marking that the story is not going to make any advancement. Tell me what you think, Kastera (talk) 17:41, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
Thought I'd bring this to you, but the revolver appears to have a gold embossed S&W logo on the side of the handle like the .32 pistol has. Wondering what you would say. Great Mara 20:29, June 13, 2011 (UTC)
I did not put the date of the map as 2282, I didn't even add it to the Fallout World page, I put it on my userpage and someone else put it there. Someone else suggested I add the Texas BOS, but I've never played the game in my life so I didn't know that info. And I'm not sure what you mean about Super Mutant territories? FinalWish 23:05, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
The Midwestern BOS also seems to about match up with that map you gave me. I'm not sure 'hard times' means territory reduction, any faction would have a hard time controlling that much. FinalWish 23:30, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
Uploaded a new version of the map. FinalWish 23:39, June 15, 2011 (UTC)
"Member section in the infobox is for "Notable member" not for all member! Special format for the Brotherhood of Steel pages"
See Brotherhood of Steel (Mojave chapter). That page lists all named members (presumably under the rationale that if a member is named, then they are notable enough for inclusion in the infobox). The number of named members for the CW BoS is not so great that it allows the infobox to get out of hand. Additionally, your edit destroyed the alphabetization by surname and format of "[Rank] [Surname]", a level of organization that far exceeds that seen at Capital Wasteland Brotherhood of Steel characters. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 17:58, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, then clearly we have differing interpretations of the word "notable". There are several definitions of the word, one of which is "Worthy of notice; remarkable; memorable; noted or distinguished". I would argue that the named NPC's are distinguished by virtue of the fact that they are named, whereas the majority of generic members are not. For this reason, I believe that as long as the infobox field does not become excessively long, it is fine to list all named members of a faction in that field. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 00:07, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
Miscellaneous alien items
- Are you talking about world objects by any chance? 19:42, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- If you are talking about world objects, they should really be on this page Fallout 3 and New Vegas miscellaneous world objects, obviously with there own section. 22:19, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
- I see Avatar already helped you on your way. Curious to see what kind of objects your come up with! Jspoel 14:05, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
Looking good so far. Just a FYI, that page is for misc items that cant be interacted with (excluding vehicles). For the best place for other objects it best to see the overview page Fallout 3 world objects. Although we may need a new overview for things like the healing archway etc. 18:43, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I think we need a overview page that lists and links world objects that can be interacted with so readers can find them easier. It just what to name it. 19:46, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
If you watch the entire hull after you destroy it, you can see that it crashes into the Gulf Of Alaska. Trolly Polly Olly 19:20, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
You need to go to the Death Ray Observatory to see the entire planet best. Look very closely, and you will be able to work out the planet. Then go to the Bridge & destroy it. You will see North America when you work out what the MZ Earth is layed out. When it crashes, it crashes just outside the south coast of Alaska. Trolly Polly Olly 19:29, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
I don't have the game on PC, and i can't find a picture or video of MZ Earth anywhere. Trolly Polly Olly 19:45, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
Hey Itachou, would you mind blocking User:184.108.40.206? Thought it was funny to post vulgarities in articles. -- 22:03, June 16, 2011 (UTC)
I can split the Vault 15 pages into ones for fallout 1 and 2 if it is okay. kevobk 00:52, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
That's okay. We could write: It landed in a region of North America: as that's whereabouts it landed. Trolly Polly Olly 18:05, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
Thankyou. Trolly Polly Olly 14:51, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Some bad editions
I will address your points in order.
- Albert Cole: the addition of the template to the page was an attempt to start a discussion on whether the pages should be merged. As much as I am sure you would like to, you cannot ban me (or warn me) for simply attempting to begin a discussion.
- Owyn Lyons: you only had a problem with edits to two of the sections, so you reverted the entire edit , which has a scope far beyond those two sections? That's just laziness. By reverting it, you moved sections around so that they do not conform to VA:LAYC, removed information about which games he appears in, reverted the bypassing of several redirects, worsened the grammar, increased overlinking, decreased linking where it was needed, and removed verify tags on information which is sourced to a site that can no longer be reached. In addition, one of the sections you did have a problem with was copied and pasted verbatim from Emil Pagliarulo's BoS faction profile, which you have now restored (well done for that, by the way). If you have a problem with the background section, you are free to rewrite it, but reverting it to that, the majority of which is tangential at best to Lyons' life, is lazy and wrong.
- Now, your warning. You say you will ban me if I make any "bad" edits, but obviously "bad" is subjective - I don't believe my own edits have been bad, so how do I know if I am making a bad edit? You have not provided any metric for which I can judge the quality of my edit, failed to name any policy that I have violated or would be in violation of, and "made edits which I disagree with" is certainly not sufficient grounds for a ban. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 16:20, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Also, you going back through each individual edit and attempting to undermine each one is bordering on harassment. Please stop. --Lugiatm (talk · contribs) 16:22, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
Interactive world objects
There was actually a discussion about that a while back (Forum:Fallout 3 world objects categorization discussion), but there didn't really come much out of it. In any case, you can find my opinion on the matter near the end of the thread ;) -- Porter21 (talk) 21:32, June 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmmm.. I am liking Fallout 3 usable world objects more than Fallout 3 intractable world objects. I don't think there is a need for movable world objects thought, best to just keep them under misc world objects. 16:34, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I am not so sure about furniture, as some will come under usable world objects (beds etc that restore health), while others wont. Basically I think it is best to use misc world objects that don't fit into anything really meaningful. For things like chairs you can sit in, there is a note section in the misc world objects that can not that info. 17:32, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
Since you're a wealth of knowledge, can you do me a favour and fix something that has been bugging me for a long time. In the page quote for Harold, can you put which game it is. 01:59, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks for that, and why am I not surprised by that, they did have a liberal way of interrupting then applying there own quotes. 02:37, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
Custom Vault Boy images
Can you teach me create customized Vault Boy/Girl images like the one you did in karma, the Vault boy kicks a lever action shotgun? I was trying to create a Vault Girl image wearing a bikini. --M72 Gauzz 09:50, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
I've noticed that "Yao Guai" is often written in uppercase. Is that some kind of exception, or should all creatures without a proper name remain lowercase? Thanks in advance, gears of duty
I've read the posts about this between you and Avatar and take it you will create a new page Fallout 3 and New Vegas interactive world objects, which will also have a section for the MZ objects? Sounds fine to me. Jspoel 16:27, June 19, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Custom Vault Boy images
I just need to edit the Vault girl images, to make the lines, perfect. But anyway, thanks. --M72 Gauzz 03:28, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, that's me from the DX wiki. Thanks for the nice words. I actually myself avoid the Deus Ex wiki for now as I have not yet read the Icarus Effect book and want to avoid any spoilers. ;) Your a great editor on any wiki, good luck! ;) --TheBearPaw 10:40, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Alien ship name italic
Hi, I wanted to ask you about the italic style for alien ship names. Grammatically, all ships (or spaceships) are always italicized (e.g.: 1, 2, 3), what about Theta and Zeta? . In addition, the "support mothership", as the vessel's real name is not revealed and is merely conjectural, I think, should not be italicised. --TheBearPaw 09:47, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- It is a bit more complicated, but it does produce better results (Just look at all the weapon images I did). To use it you have to decompile all the .esm files into a single folder, then in Nifskopes settings direct it towards that folder. To load up a image, you simple browse the meshes folder for what you want and load it up. 19:57, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Ok, if I am not around, you can ask Jspol, as I got them on it and showed him a few things. He should also understand any issues that you may have as he also went through them himself. 20:41, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- What I did with Nifskope is, I made a directory C:\Games\Game Resources\Fallout New Vegas and then used a bsa extractor (built into Fallout Mod Manager) to extract the .bsa files into that directory, rather than into the game folder. Then I just told Nifskope to look there. You don't have to extract everything, just the Meshes and Textures. Though it wouldn't hurt to get the sounds too, with the Vault now having sounds. I've been using Nifskope since before I ever heard of Fallout. --Kris 20:42, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Ohh and I am having fun with this bot, seems to be working very well indeed. Should be a good asset, I might recommend that all the Admins try it as it does have some features where you can share standards. 21:26, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Well if you do try it out, I can explain it in more detail. But because it is designed for Wiki, so it has a lot of the wiki formatting built in like ensureing the first instance of the page name is in bold, delinking links where a page links to itself and so on. It also uses simple search and replace if you want (with regular expressions if you want to get more complicated). But the best thing is if a few people use it, you can create a page on this wiki with replacements for common errors, that the bot downloads for you and then auto corrects as you go along. For example if we decided that pre-War should be pre-war, someone just updates that page with the correct code and then you download it to make sure you are correcting to the new standard. So you don't even need to know how to code the more complex things. 21:47, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
- It may sound strange, but sometimes I like a GECK image better. I compared your nifsope image to the image on the wiki and to be honest I like the current wiki image better. It has some nice shadowing and lighting in the pilot cabin with good dynamics. The nifskope image may be higher res but is a bit greyish. And I've done the same thing you did with removing the taskbar, to be able to have a little larger image. I also don't know how to make full use of the window. We'll have ask Avatar. Till now I've used nifskope primarily for armor and clothing, some time ago we had a forum page about it and decided on the nifskope format, example here. Jspoel 19:50, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Not bad, maybe a bit to bright and still a bit pixellated around the edges, light source needs some adjusting as well. Also you still have perspective view on, which distorts the model the closer you bring it to the screen. This is what I came up with  As for full screen, it dosnt have it, but you can remove the side bar and bottom bar by pressing F2 and F3. 19:54, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Or something a bit more creative with photoshop . 20:06, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Pressing F2 toggles some of the Nifskope interface, enlarging the viewing area. --Kris 22:32, June 24, 2011 (UTC)
Deuce Coupe & Corvega
I've added some information from the Model B Wikipedia page and clarified that the "Deuce Coupe" term is an unofficial fan designation. Good eye noticing the similarities; half the time, I just gloss over those walls of wrecked cars.
I'm also going to make some changes to the Corvega page to break out the information on the various models into a bullet-point list for the ease of comparison and fact-finding.
-Veazey21 22:19, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
Quick query; how do you change the fonts? Don't suppose I could ask for you're opinion on my new tag too?
The Guardian Thanks again, I realise now that yours is a picture. Probably for the best though, it would look very hectic otherwise. I got the inspiration from the karma tier on FO2, the one that is my avatar and my name too. Took quite some editing, so I'm glad someone likes it! Good to see someone else enjoys the older games too. The Guardian
I like it. On every skill page a few notable characters with high stats (close to 100 points). Maybe even some less notable characters if they have a really high stat. Also Guns is possible I think. Needs someone to check the GECK for it but it's worth the trouble. You've already done some work, I'm willing to help with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, you could do the older games. Or we split FO3 and FNV. By the way, I'm close to 30,000 edits, any suggestion as what to make 30,000th edit? :) Jspoel 21:15, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry to interupt, but I could help with Fallout 2 if you give me some info on how to... Just an idea The Guardian 21:22, June 28, 2011 (UTC)
Both previous conversations
It's easier to condense them I feel. Would you recommend any in particular? Maybe give em a breif description? Also, surely someone like Sulik perhaps. Give him a super-sledge and you get a one man army :). If you keep me informed on how we will do this, it would be my pleasure. P.S Jspoelstra asked me to make it smaller, hence his decreased stature ;). The Guardian
A query as to how we should go about doing the Guns,Small Guns,Big Guns, etcetera. As they apply to specific games, I feel it would be wisest to do them separately and only give examples from that particular game. Please tell me what you think before I get to work. And I forgot it's an hour later in France, most of it anyway, where abouts do you live? Anyway, I'm sure I'll speak to you soon: (I'm normally on here on the afternoons for a few hours). Au revoir ;) The Guardian
Just as I thought, because it wouldn't make sense to group them. I'll do guns first I think :).
And yes, I do come from the UK. I was born in London, but now I live in Essex on the border with Hertfordshire, but I'm Anglo-Irish. Therefore, I'm sorry, but I have no attachment to Wales other than it is officially part of England :).
Its nice that countries as old as ours celebrate our traditions, don't you think? I've seen your horse guards a few times, but I don't know what they are called I'm afraid. We only see them when the royals are over there or if there is something to do with World War One (what do you call it out of interest? I assume its the same, but I don't know.) Do you ever get to see something like Trooping the Colour in France?
Talk to you soon, and thanks; The Guardian
- Yes, it is definitely easier to have the capital close to where you live, but I wouldn't want to live in a city. Too polluted, overcrowded and not friendly enough for me. At least in the countryside people say hello :). And indeed it was that guard I meant, but I never knew what they were called. It's an odd concept to us having a military unit so involved in day-to-day tasks like that. And surely it would be difficult to deliver organ transplants on horseback ;). We seem to have a unique policing system. I know Italy has seperate police services for different jobs, but how does it work in France? I presume you have more than one group of police because of the Gendamarie.
- The storming of the Bastille was a few years before the creation of the French First Republic wasn't it? It's the Fourth at the moment isn't it? If you want to come to England, I'd suggest the Lake district, Pembrokeshire in Wales, the south coast (New Forest, Exmoor and indeed most of Cornwall). Of course London too, but I warn you there are monuments to our empire everywhere as well as Nelson's column and to the Duke of Wellington ;). It seems that you too are interested in history, but I hope you are right-minded enough to also acknowledge that the past is the past. It at least seems that you are, you seem to be very nice to us Englishmen :). I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I rather like other cultures and to see things from a different perspective. Talk to you soon :)
I've given it to Cartman as a congratulation on his adminship. Appropriate I thought. Jspoel 16:49, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
- You, you're very approachable and friendly, but you're also competent, think things through and know how to get things done. The only problem is the language barrier, but that's hardly a problem. It's good that you have the courage to write in a language that's not your first and still make it understandable. That takes some guts. Kastera (talk) 23:30, June 29, 2011 (UTC)
Notable skill fighters
- I'm going through the FO3 characters now, alphabetically. Did A, now at B. Betty is very interesting, stats above 100. Do you know if it's possible to export a text file of characters with their skills? Would make things easier. Jspoel 16:11, June 30, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm already at H!
I disagree that Benny is a notable character as he lacks qualification as such. He dies easily and the only other time he seems hand with a gun is when he shoots you in the head. Opinion on why he should stay.
P.S. Thanks for the message and I'll get back to you later, but I only have a short time frame now :).
- Then that is undeniably justifiable. Thanks for clearing that up and he will remain were he is. How did you get that information though? Somewhere in/on the GECK?
I've got that now thanks, but it seems I was a little to late to help with most of the weapons :(. Nonetheless, I can always help next time, and I get an all too rare day of tomorrow :). I've always wondered what the French thought of Napoléon these days; tyrant or hero? And I completely agree with what you were saying about how history belongs to peoples ancestors and how we cannot change it, but could and most definitely should learn from it. It's okay to make light-hearted jokes on occasion and all countries do that from time to time, but it is utterly pointless to try to change it. A relevant quote which popped into my head is; "War does not determine whom is right, only who is left", which I've always thought was clever. I enjoy reading about French history just as much as anyone else's, and why shouldn't I? :) Hope to talk to you again soon Itachou, P.s. I was joking about the Garde républicaine carrying organs on horseback ;).
If I understand this correctly, when a character has a high skill but doesn't use it in game, he's not on the list. But with a lower skill and actually using it, he's on it? I'm not sure I understand what you want me to do with combat and non-combat skills. So for combat skills I need to see if they use it, but for non-combat skills I can use the GECK stats, or do I have to look here too if they use it? I reverted my Energy Weapons edits, I think that's what you want, right? Jspoel 21:04, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
That seems fair enough then, I'll add that to the page for clarity. I'm sorry too, I didn't realise, but thanks for sorting it out. Lastly, sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. Thanks again Itachou:
Hello again Itachou,
How would I do that without getting my character in? Also, can you see my page Rawhide Saloon, and tell me what you think. It's the first page I've actually made.
- Sounds like a great idea to me :). That's fine my friend, if it makes you feel better it would be impossible for me to do a large paragraph in French ;). Talk soon, .
- Thanks, I was having some serious problems putting it in a gallery. Shame I put it in the wrong place, but that got rid of the contents box. Solution?
- If you are asking my opinion I prefered it in the Gallery bit :). Sorry,
- Thanks Itachou. I'll put it back then. It's just I feel it makes the infobox very large and heavy. Yes, I'll see you soon.
P.S. Xa3 put the gallery back :).
I didn't know that you guys were discussing about the page, I just saw in my feed that Guardian was working on the Gallery and I fixed it, so its right now on the bottom of the page, just thought I'd give you a heads up.--Xa3 16:25, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
this one also is vandalizing
I need to know which you think sounds better for a page name: Post-Apocalyptic Governments or Fallout Governments for a page I offered to make? It will be about NCR, Caesar's Legions etcetera, and will have structures history and so on? Please get back to me when you can :) .
User:FinalWish has done a very good map, and it seems a shame to just leave it there I feel. Perhaps if I were to do brief summaries of each? Or literally have a page dedicated to their locations? I see what you are saying, but something needs to be done with it, don't you think? 17:27, July 3, 2011 (UTC).
- I've left him a message to say these corrections and to tell me when he is done and also that we will put it on the Fallout World page. This seems like the best idea on reflection, so thanks for the advice Itachou, I'll be around for a few more hours, so you'll have plenty of time if you need to get back to me :). Thanks for now, 18:42, July 3, 2011 (UTC).
Thanks. I knew it was a word, and I looked it up to see if there was a definition that would fit but couldn't find one. The graphic you linked was helpful. So the swards of this mon are the areas between the leaves, is that correct? --Kris 17:45, July 3, 2011 (UTC)
Quick note of thanks
Thanks to you I think I have really got the hang of the Location pictures, interior and exterior. I spent much of last night (about 4 hours) doing Westin Ranch pictures as there wasn't a single one. After getting over the initial shock, I spent quite a long time doing them, and did well in my opinion. So basically, a quick note to say thanks for the help. See you soon Itachou :) .
- I suppose that is a good point, but allow yourself some credit :). And I know what you mean: I had a very tight neck afterwards, but it was nothing a bit of sleep couldn't sort out ;). Best wishes, .
I was reading the Unity page that you linked me earlier (the picture looks great by the way) and I noticed that it only refers to the Master's Unity. In Fallout 2, "the Unity" is also the name for the comunnity of Broken Hills, as can be seen by encountering unity patrols in the wastes. I would be happy to sort this, but should I do another page (which I feel would be best) or just add to the existing one. Feel free to tell me if you disagree too, of course. I'll be around for around 20 minutes more whilst I finish Westin Ranch. Thanks, 21:41, July 4, 2011 (UTC).
- That would be great :)! What are you thinking for the image? Thanks for looking at the page too, I haven't done a faction before. I can imagine that would hurt a lot, I hope you're okay. Thanks for getting back to me at the moment, I'm sure you are in a lot of pain and so it is appreciated.
Super mutants in GECK
It's the same for me. Although you can place a weapon in their inventory, it doesn't show in the pre-view. I don't know if it's possibly somehow. Maybe Avatar knows a way. Jspoel 23:46, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
So, I recently did a new dummypage, called "Facepalm" (don't ask), and I was wondering if you could make a facepalming vaultboy? I'd mutch appreceiated as a Infobox pic. Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 03:22, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I took those things out once too... Hurts like a rabid deathclaw stuck in the throat... Anyway, thanks ;).
Hi Itachou, how are you holding up :)? Just a quick note to say that I finished the page and I said I'd let you see when I was done. I'm done! At least I think I'm done... but that is the point of this isn't it ;). I didn't notice you around, but I felt I should stick to my word, nonetheless. See you soon Itachou :) 18:46, July 6, 2011 (UTC).
Vault Girl image
Hello, Itachou! I altered your version of the Vault girl wearing two-piece. I made her bra drop a little, added a belly button, placed hearts above her head to make it more sexier and altered a bit of her outline through Microsoft Paint. So, here's the link of the image. Just take a look and have a rating!  :) --gauzzrifle 10:36, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
The modified image by me is really really neat, but needs more pixelation. The lines are like brushed. I need the outline to have a "smooth curve", just like in the present Fallout games. By the way, I planned to create another image, which is the girl again, and the boy kissing the girl, the girl has her two pieces on but the boy did not take off his clothes. Although my Paint skills are insufficient. All I can do is line editing, adding some "revisions". Also have a nice day and see you soon. :) --gauzzrifle 12:59, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
I don't remember who told me it was 5 quotes. Perhaps Porter or Ausir can answer that. --Kris 20:15, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
Thanks for the help with that vandal. Looks like he didn't like me deleting a page he created earlier today. Jspoel 23:19, July 8, 2011 (UTC)
I've just blocked him for inserting gibberish into pages and removing content... Jspoel 14:15, July 9, 2011 (UTC)
- Alright I only brought it up because they changed Sonic batton to proton axe after it was published on the Bethesda website.
Unity, operation etcetera
That looks much better, and I agree it makes more sense to have a shot of the members, but after a few hours of searching for a decent shot of a patrol, I just decided to add Marcus as I needed to turn in for the night. I just finished it off and it looks very good indeed. I really appreciate the help, and the invontories of the members looks great. I didn't think of adding in all named characters so I thank you for that too.
Thank you for apologising about your analogy too, it turned my stomach if I am honest, but it seems reasonable to express the magnitude of your pain like that. I've never had any problems like that really, so I can't really empathise I'm afraid, but I sincerely hope you get better soon. Just have plenty of soup until then! Perhaps some French onion soup, one of my favorites :)> Speak to you soon I hope. 16:02, July 9, 2011 (UTC).
Whilst I'm still around tonight, I thought I'd ask you for help. I originally posted this to Ausir, but he hasn't got back to me. He has been talking to other users, and so I believe he may be ignoring it so will you consider my proposal instead? Here is what I said to Ausir:
I know you are often very busy, and couldn't get back to my unrelated first message, but I would like to discuss an idea with you. Fallout 3 has a walkthrough, as does New Vegas presumably, but the orignals are lacking them. I would like to propose that some of the older game players, such as you and I, get together to form more effective walkthroughs as well as a large one for the main quests. It is, after all, the reason I joined this wiki. I would therefore like to set up a project, perhaps Fallout 1 and 2 Quest walkthrough project and lead this. I would also like your permission more than anything and some help setting it up. I would be happy to spend a large amount of time doing this project if required, but unfortunately wouldn't know how to set it up, get people to join etcetera so I would like a bit of help. Please get back to me if you can, or point me in someone elses direction. Thanks for your time, 21:13, July 6, 2011 (UTC).”
- I have only one problem: isn't "pure human" a term used only by the Enclave? Additionally, if anyone has walked any wasteland (such as Augustus Autumn), wouldn't they be considered unclean since they have been exposed to radiation, albeit a small amount?
Hey buddy ;). I came across a user, named user:Slutty Mcbuttsex, and found that name offensive, as well as that he's been spamming slightly. If you think so too, you might as well handle it. And BTW, how's the Facepalm vault boy coming along? I'm exited for it ;). Hugs Scar: "Say 'ello to my little friend!" 00:26, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Good job, mate, appreciate it.
Race is a game mechanic definition, not a descriptive device. The game does not categorize "pure" human as a race category. I'm reverting all of the infobox entries.--Gothemasticator 05:11, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Furthermore, there is no such thing as a "Pure" human. It's a propaganda term coined by the Enclave and used to separate themselves from the perceived mutants on the mainland. As Curling states, the differences in DNA are minute and, as the game shows, irrelevant in the long run, as they do not cause physiological changes in mainland humans. For this reason I stand by Goth; I did once believe that making such a distinction is proper, but after reviewing available evidence, I decided against it. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 12:46, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I am sure that Adolf Hitler or Alfred Rosenberg would also be able to explain how Jews, Gypsies and other non-Germanic peoples are not humans. That doesn't make them right. Presidents Richardson and Eden are identical to the aforementioned two criminals in their perception of the human race, therefore their arguments that wastelanders are non-pure humans cannot be taken as proof that they aren't. For this reason I've removed the Enclave propaganda from the human article.
- As for your argument about FEV, the pure/non-pure humans division did not exist in Fallout 1. The issue determining FEV transformation success rate was radiation count, or rather, the amount of damage radiation has caused in a given organism. Whether or not they came from a Vault or the wasteland was irrelevant. Only DNA damage matters.
- Furthermore, mutations occur naturally, radiation only increases the rate at which they occur. Read up the Wikipedia article on that. Given that there is no practical difference between Enclave citizens/Vault dwellers and wastelanders in Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas (apart from local mutations as a result of specific, unique circumstances, like the TDC victims or Beastlords), it is only a logical assumption that the "mutations" Curling refers to are not significant and belong to the category of neutral mutations. Hardly basis for separating humans into pure and non-pure.
- Furthermore, your "modified FEV doesn't kill pure humans" argument is wrong. FEV Curling-13 is 100% lethal to every human, pure or otherwise, that has not been inoculated against its effect, as aptly demonstrated in Fallout 2 when you release the FEV to the atmosphere. Furthermore, the Lone Wanderer will die in Broken Steel if he consumes enough contaminated water, even though for all intents and purposes he is a "pure" human, raised in a rad-free Vault ever since he was an infant. The modified FEV isn't even instantly lethal to irradiated humans, otherwise there wouldn't be patients in pain in Broken Steel, just a lot of dead bodies.
- For the reasons outlined above I will, again, rewrite the Human article. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 14:53, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- "It's a game" is not an argument. Not when you're citing the claims of two genocidal maniacs as evidence. I do not take the claims of Richardson or Eden as any kind of evidence because they are not supported by anything elsewhere in the game. No-Bark Noonan makes a lot of wild claims, should we take them as evidence of anything? No. Then why are you arguing that the scientific racism of the Enclave has merits because its racist presidents say so?http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 15:13, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- I think this point it would be best to hold off on any edits either way until this can be mediated by another admin, but not me; one who has played all the games (or at least Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout 3) in the series and is not a party to this disagreement. --Kris 15:20, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- "It's a game" is not an argument. Not when you're citing the claims of two genocidal maniacs as evidence. I do not take the claims of Richardson or Eden as any kind of evidence because they are not supported by anything elsewhere in the game. No-Bark Noonan makes a lot of wild claims, should we take them as evidence of anything? No. Then why are you arguing that the scientific racism of the Enclave has merits because its racist presidents say so?http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 15:13, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
It might not require much effort, but I would like to ask a favour of you. Would it be possible if you did the exterior and interior images for Vortis' Holding Center in the NCR Bazaar. I have, regretably, laid waste to the place and the Fallout 2 Mapper keeps saying cannot load cities. You won't find this page yet as I willl finish it and put it up in hopefully around an hour, but it will be imageless.I am not expecting anything of you, and if you cannot do, it then don't worry about it. I just thought it might be easier for you to do with the mapper. This would mean a lot to me, and I don't want to pressure you, but a page doesn't look finished without an image, right? Speak to you shortly my friend, 13:16, July 10, 2011 (UTC).
I have already aptly explained by the Pure/Non-pure division is bullshit. The new version of the article not only conforms to actual science, but it also accurately explains the status of humans in the post-apocalypse. Biochemical isn't speculation; unless you consider FEV not a biological factor, for example? I spent an hour researching the subject and writing an article that makes at least a little bit of sense from a scientific perspective. I am not going to let that work go to waste. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 17:03, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
I understand the ongoing discussion regarding the inclusion or not of "pure." I have made my stance clear, I hope: I think it is not an established fact within the game but is only the opinion of a few NPCs, who are cast as villains.
Whatever consensus is reached on the matter, however, the race field in the infobox is not the place for such info. Race is a game engine designation and does not include the "pure" option as a choice. Even if "purity" is agreed on by consensus as info worth including in articles, it still will not belong in the infobox race field.--Gothemasticator 17:10, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Given this information regarding the proper use of the infobox race field, as well as the fact that "purity" is currently being discussed and has not yet been agreed-upon, you should undo your infobox edits and refrain from adding information concerning "purity" to articles until this matter has been addressed. It is you who wish to introduce a change, so you must not do it until there is agreement.--Gothemasticator 17:17, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- "Cyborg" also does not belong in the infobox, and I remove it when I encounter it. That infobox field should only be for game-engine-recognized designations. Other info, like "cyborg," should go elsewhere in the article.--Gothemasticator 17:36, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
Fallout and science
Fallout bases on our modern science, with certain changes (as explained by Chris Avellone in the Fallout Bible). Then there's the scientific principle of checking, rechecking and then checking again. Listen, this isn't an issue of respect. I respect you a great deal. Extensive rewrites are something completely separate from that. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 17:19, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
It has long been the practice of The Vault to keep out-of-game information to a minimum. Links to wikipedia suffice for descriptions of what a samurai is, for instance. I have left in your information based on his armor, which I thought was good explanations for in-game material. I removed extra information on the life of a samurai and various Japanese history, because that info can be linked to. No need to list it. I also removed the Behind the scenes info on the meaning of his name. We do not include such information on NPC pages, unless it reveals a better in-game understanding. In the case of Kago, the meaning of his name adds nothing. My edits merely keep the page in line with our standards and practices.--Gothemasticator 17:41, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Personally, I think the wakizashi blade page could be trimmed down. The mauser page looks all right to me. But I have not studied either with much attention. As for Paulson, I would give his cowboy background information the same treatment I have given Kago's samurai information. We'll see if I have time later today.--Gothemasticator 18:13, July 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Thanks. :) --Gothemasticator 18:28, July 10, 2011 (UTC)