Welcome to our Fallout wiki and thank you for your contributions! I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
A little help to get you started:
- Recent changes lets you see what other people are editing right this minute and where you can help. You can also check our community portal for things to do.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself. If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- If you have questions, you can ask in our forums, join the live chat in our IRC channel or post a message on my talk page.
- The help pages can help you learn how to edit and how use the wiki tools. The Vault's policies and guidelines can help you with putting those tools to good use and getting up to speed with our editing customs.
I'm glad to have you here and look forward to working with you!
Hold 'em, Fold 'em
I think the name was getting changed along with the strategy sections I was removing. Thanks for keeping the article accurate.--Gothemasticator 05:46, January 29, 2011 (UTC)
- The video was rightfully removed. We don't include game guides or strategy videos in our articles.--Gothemasticator 17:10, January 29, 2011 (UTC)
- indeed the name was getting changed along with the strategy sections. sorry for being stubborn about my strategy, but i will have to stand by the name change because my PS3 trophy list clearly says "know when to fold them" for the 3 win award. however, i thought i noticed early on (before i learned that there are benefits to losing at caravan) a notification that i was sure said "know when to hold them". when i finally (intentionally) lost a couple of hands, i got the "know when to fold them" award (i'm pretty sure i was losing when it happened). for a while i thought there were three awards (hold them, fold them, and master) until i started trying to post my winning strategy. then i noticed only two award categories on the caravan (game) page and i checked my trophies. sure enough, i only had two trophies for caravan, and the first one said "fold them". maybe there is more to it than meets the eye, but it seems odd that the award name for three wins would change after you lose a few. idk... just thinking out loud here... ~~~kev~~~
- sorry for the confusion, jimnms (cool name, btw). i kept wanting to add my strategy because of the existing strategy video. when i was informed of the breach of procedure, i removed the video as well because i felt it was equally in breach. both have been re-posted on the talk page for the caravan (game) page. ~~~kev~~~
The thing is, most items in the game are capped on the actual game model (i.e. Bubblegum etc.) so we cant really go by that for our own capitalization rules. The fact that the page has been moved to a decaped title twice now, is why I am tending to favor that. However, I am open to it being changed, but only if there is a good few people who agree. At the moment there seems to be some disagreement, so I am only implementing that for uniformity across the wiki based on its current page capitalization. 00:36, July 24, 2011 (UTC)