- 1 Silver Rush Bugs
- 2 Pics
- 3 Vault lab uniform
- 4 Category
- 5 Sexy sleepwear / pre-war outfit
- 6 Patch
- 7 Pics
- 8 Categororizing locs
- 9 Creatures
- 10 Barton Thorn
- 11 Images
- 12 Delete blog post
- 13 Camp Guardian Caves
- 14 Vault 112
- 15 Linking
- 16 Nominated for deletion
- 17 Mojave home
- 18 Wilkins (Vault 101)
- 19 Re: Probable ban (again)
- 20 Dapper gambler suit
- 21 Image needed
- 22 Admin discussion
- 23 12.7mm submachine gun
- 24 Fallout Answers
- 25 Fort Constantine
Silver Rush Bugs[edit source]
The bug you listed is not a bug specific to the location. Also when adding bugs, do not add for all platforms (ps3,xbox360 and pc), only add the platform that you are using. I highly doubt anyone is Daddy Warbucks and decided to buy the same game on all three platforms. Thank you for you contributions to The Vault. --Kingclyde 23:36, April 2, 2011 (UTC)
I'm using Fraps to make those images. Start the game, press F10 and you have a screenshot. After that some cutting, adjusting, upload and there you go. Greets, Jspoel 06:27, April 21, 2011 (UTC) (it's Spoelstra, not Spolestra (that's dutch).
Vault lab uniform[edit source]
As I have explained in all three edit summaries, all items are random from vendors and are not always available. This does not need to be in every article. Waiting 2 weeks to re add it after I reverted it twice does not make it ok. It does not belong. Please do not re add it. Thanks.--Kingclyde 07:13, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
To add a category to a page, go down to the bottom and enter "[[Category:". A list of categories will pop up. Type in the beginning few letters of the category you want to add and it will eventually pop up if it exists. If it doesn't exist, you'll get a redlink. After you have found the category end it with "]]". There! You have just added a category to a page. Congradulations! Best regards, Kastera (talk) 01:43, April 22, 2011 (UTC)
Sexy sleepwear / pre-war outfit[edit source]
I have reverted some of your edits on the sexy sleepwear on pre-war outfit pages. Sexy sleepwear should stay on its own and doesn't need to be mentioned on the pre-war outfit page. It's an option to merge (dirty) pre-war businesswear with pre-war outfit. But given your inexperience I'd rather you leave that for the time being. An admin will take a look at those pages soon anyway.
When you react to a post, don't do that on your own talkpage, but on the talkpage of the one sending you the message, and sign with four tildes, so with ~~~~. Jspoel 00:21, April 23, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not in favor of splitting the outfits. In the past (FO3) similar outfits have been merged, with good reason. The outfits are not 'strong' enough to have their own page. Leave them together for the time being.
- Well it goes the same way as with bugs and weapon balancing etc, all information contained in a page is related to the current version of the game, otherwise the patch pages are pointless. 18:52, April 23, 2011 (UTC)
Yes, I really do like making pics. I've made about 2000 now I think (Made almost all character pics). I'll take a look at your list soon and if I need more, I'll give you a post. Thanks for now! Jspoel 02:39, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
Categororizing locs[edit source]
Mario, don't add the location category to unmarked locations. Just leave it with the category unmarked. I've asked another admin about it and one category (so unmarked) is enough. Otherwise things get unneccesary double-listed. Greets, Jspoel 21:30, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- No need for apologizing. I was in doubt myself too. But now we know.
- Woow, wait. You're adding wrong categories again, Carrie Boyd, Daniel Contreras and Lily Bowen are not Vegas characters. They don't live in Vegas. Please stop. I'll get back to you on it tomorrow.
- If you're not sure about what you're doing, better first ask an admin or more experienced user.
- You want that category achievement, right? If you don't need that many anymore to the next threshold maybe you can find a few more of which you're certain. Otherwise it's better to go back to just adding info to pages.
This might interest you based on your current edits. The Vault:Fallout: New Vegas creatures project 20:15, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
- You're getting the hang of things I see, but a little remark: can you lowercase creatures that are not unique? For example fire geckos. Only the Legendary Fire Gecko is all caps. Jspoel 20:18, April 25, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, take for example the Legendary Fire Gecko page. All the Legendary creatures named on that page are uppercased, which is good, but with the location section there's refered to general geckos, and you have uppercased that one. It needs to be [[Fire gecko (Fallout: New Vegas)|fire geckos]]. Another example, on the ordinary Nightstalker page every reference to it needs to be lowercased.
- When a sentence starts with a creature's name, you can uppercap the first word. But in the middle of a sentence, then it's all lowercase. And for example nightstalker blood and nightstalker eggs (in fact miscellaneous items in general) can be lowercased).
I've removed your addition to the feral ghoul roamer page. We don't list all variants in detail on each variant page - the current policy is to merge the articles on all such variants on a per-game basis. Ausir(talk) <staff/> 00:43, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
- No problem, thanks for your contributions. See the project page linked above and the main Centaur page as well as the game-specific pages for how it should be done now. :) Ausir(talk) <staff/> 00:53, April 26, 2011 (UTC)
Barton Thorn[edit source]
- Ah, as long as it wasn't intentional, I guess that's alright. Just try to be more careful in the future.
Delete blog post[edit source]
Camp Guardian Caves[edit source]
- Nah it isn't there I've removed it. Only reason I put it back before was because I assumed you thought it wasn't notable, turns out it doesn't even exist :P -- 20:46, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
Vault 112[edit source]
Only one hyperlink is needed in an article. And on top of that the edits made the text captions of the galleries look like a mess. :/ Great Mara 01:18, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, please follow the policy on linking. 01:22, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Anyone can do it, see here for some decent help on the subject. 01:35, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
Nominated for deletion[edit source]
Mojave home[edit source]
They were one and the same. I checked the local map in the game and it's Mojave home, so I redirected Mojave house to Mojave home. Thanks for letting me know. (You could have done that too by the way). Jspoel 13:35, May 24, 2011 (UTC)
Wilkins (Vault 101)[edit source]
- Oh no, it's understandable. We all have obligations so it's all good. Besides I don't expect most people to answer messages about 6 hours after I send them. Kastera (talk) 23:44, May 25, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Probable ban (again)[edit source]
Yeah, the blocking system on the Fallout Answers wiki is the same as on The Vault. Vandals/overall pains in the ass get blocked after one strike. The guy is now facing a months block. I doubt he was going to provide any useful insight on any questions. Thanks for letting me know. Kastera (talk) 03:20, May 28, 2011 (UTC)
Dapper gambler suit[edit source]
- Actually as far as I remember you may have used the summary but it might not have been clear what you meant. -- 02:13, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
Image needed[edit source]
The tags aren't needed. The game was cancelled, and concept art or images of weapons were never released, so we'll never get images. Trolly Polly Olly 22:36, June 3, 2011 (UTC)
Admin discussion[edit source]
I created the following Forum:Discussion - Admin responsibility definition in response to the calls in Tag reconfirmation. I would greatly appreciate your opinion. Thanks.--Kingclyde 22:36, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
12.7mm submachine gun[edit source]
I'm having a beautiful image here, also enlarged. But I recognize your problem, it's some kind of cache problem. Try to clear it Ctrl-F5. May still not work then though. I think when you try it tomorrow, it will be fine again. Jspoel 23:05, June 11, 2011 (UTC)
Fallout Answers[edit source]
I'm not sure what the problem is; when I asked a "question" (more of a "Test, test"), it worked for me. What was your question? I could probably shed some light on it. Kastera (talk) 04:44, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
- OK, that's strange: I asked your question on the site and it redirected to the same page it did you. Aside from that, you can get Tortoiseshell glasses from a dead technician in Vault 101 in the room right before you see Amata being interrogated. Don't quote me on that, I'm 90% sure that they're tortoiseshell glasses. Other than than that, you can occasionally buy them from clothing stores, like Potomac Attire and Boutique Le Chic. Kastera (talk) 17:44, July 13, 2011 (UTC)