Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
User talk:Master Mold
- 1 GNR Fatman
- 2 Hi there!
- 3 Templates
- 4 Eastern vs. Midwestern
- 5 Bolding
- 6 Games template
- 7 Tenses
- 8 Rats
- 9 Paladin Solo
- 10 Moving and deleting
- 11 Template:For
- 12 Disambiguation
- 13 Pictures
- 14 Background characters
- 15 Radroach
- 16 Keep up the good work
- 17 Fallout Tactics recruits
- 18 INSTAKILL pistol
- 19 Sysop
- 20 Los Angeles
- 21 Projects
- 22 Policy and guidelines project
- 23 Alien Squid Food and Alien Worm Food
- 24 FOBOS canon
- 25 22.214.171.124
- 26 Ongoing forum discussions of note
- 27 Mr. House/Mr. Hughes pic
- 28 Notable bugs policy
- 29 10mm pistol page merge
- 30 Bugs policy revised: new poll
- 31 Russia is the best ;)
- 32 Honest Hearts
- 33 Vault 13 Citizen
- 34 Help
- 35 FNV credits
- 36 Delete
- 37 Lonesome Road
- 38 E-mail
GNR Fatman[edit source]
Hi, Im wondering if you can help me find The GNR Fatman, Do you have a Xbox 360? If so, Add icey27262. Thanks!
Not sure if you already found it but I found it on a dead BOS near the fountain
User:Cris773 7:38 21 April, 2009
Guys, I have a PC version and the FATMAN truly was on the dead BOS near the fountain... :) Master Mold 23:41, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Told you =] But i had the 360 version User:Cris773 7:44 21 April 2009 (UTC)
I can confirm that on the 360 version the Fat Man is on the dead BOS soldier that is kind of impaled on the edge of the fountain (o by the way this is my first post so it may look a little hodge-podge) Kelloth 126.96.36.199 04:44, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
Hi there![edit source]
Welcome to our Fallout wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself! If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- Questions? You can ask in the Forum or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, join the live chat in our IRC channel or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The Help page has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit. See the Vault's Policy page for general guidelines and code of conduct.
- I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
- Ausir 08:46, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks, Ausir! I'm quite happy to help The Vault. Feel good to work with the best resource on the best game :-) 188.8.131.52 17:57, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
I'll keep it in mind, thanks!! Master Mold 14:24, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
Eastern vs. Midwestern[edit source]
Please use "Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel", not Eastern, to disambiguate from the FO3 detachment. Ausir 16:53, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Okay! Master Mold 17:01, 6 April 2009 (UTC)
Games template[edit source]
Also, please write in the present tense, not past tense about events from the time the game takes place during the game or the state from around the time of the game (there was a debate about it, and that's what was decided in the end). This especially applies to e.g. the Radroach article, where it should be "In the Midwest, cockroaches are a common sight in the wasteland.", not "were". Ausir 16:30, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
Got it... Master Mold 16:50, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- And thanks for the good work with missing FOT articles! Ausir 17:07, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
Well... I'm not yet finished. I hope I'll find some pictures of characters in the game's data, but later, after I'll place all the information on them. Finally got time to enter the Vault's forum. Can't stop checking Broken Steel page every day... Master Mold 17:16, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
I don't think it makes much sense to divide the article by region. The big rats appear in Fallout Tactics as well, so I'd say it's better to say that the small rats appear in the West Coast and Texas, while the big ones appear in the Midwest and Texas. Ausir 19:35, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
Paladin Solo[edit source]
You refer to Solo as a "he" in the article, but Solo is actually female. Fixed. Ausir 19:42, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, if she is female according to all the game's files and the debriefing, I'd stick to the female version, even if the voice is wrong - mabe whoever recorded the voices made a mistkae (or perhaps the power armor does change the voice that much). Ausir 22:03, 12 April 2009 (UTC)
Moving and deleting[edit source]
- To move a page, simply click on "Move" at the top of the respective article (if you are using the standard/Monaco skin, it's in the black bar above the main article headline). -- Porter21 (talk) 21:40, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Thanks!Master Mold 23:33, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
You accidentally copypasted the last few FOT character templates together with "For the Fallout character, see Decker." :) Ausir 20:24, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
- Oops... :) Sorry..Master Mold 20:28, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Also, when you add a disambiguated article, like Jacob (ghoul), please add him to the disambiguation page, or create one by moving the current article to a disambiguated title, like Chuck (Fallout) and making Chuck into a disambig. Ausir 20:42, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Dunno, but you could always make screenshots. :) Ausir 20:54, 16 April 2009 (UTC)
Background characters[edit source]
For mentioned-only characters, use "Background" in the "games" field instead of e.g. Fallout Tactics, and change "appearances" to "mentions" in the infobox, like I just did with Maria Barnaky. By the way, there is also an optional "family" field you can use to mention family members in the infobox, which I also added to the Maria Barnaky and Simon Barnaky articles. Ausir 19:17, 17 April 2009 (UTC)
I was writing it based on some previews and the old official page. What is is called in the game itself? I though it was called a cockroach. Ausir 11:56, 27 April 2009 (UTC)
Keep up the good work[edit source]
I'm impressed with all the Tactics and FOBOS info you're putting up. I may not like the games themselves, but your knowledge is impressive. So keep up the good work!TunnelSnake 21:45, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, very good work. By the way, remember to use present tense, not past tense for in-game characters, places events (although I know it sometimes sounds a bit awkward). Ausir 10:39, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
Fallout Tactics recruits[edit source]
- If you talk about recruits portraits, there is a lot of that stuff in "Fallout Tactics character portraits" category. I think the most of missing portraits can be found on Gamebanshee. The other should be cutted from game data. I'll try to help you with this work. Veryblackraven 06:53, 12 June 2009 (UTC)
INSTAKILL pistol[edit source]
Since you are one of our few FOBOS editors, could you check INSTAKILL Pistol and confirm whether the weapon actually exists? It has been marked for deletion for ages now but I'm hesitant to do it without confirmation from someone who actually knows and has played the game. Thanks for your time. -- Porter21 (talk) 12:14, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, I'll delete it then. -- Porter21 (talk) 12:46, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ha Ha! I knew it was fake. Fat Man Spoon 15:47, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Would you maybe like to become a sysop? :) You've been doing a good job here.
Los Angeles[edit source]
- As far as I know, the whole of FO:BOS takes place in Texas. It doesn't look like Los is that far from Carbon, though, and Carbon is in the middle of Texas. And there are soo cities with "Los" in their name in Texas too, like Los Fresnos, Los Ybanez, Los Indios. Ausir(talk) 07:31, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Policy and guidelines project[edit source]
- Please check the policies and guidelines I've written up and see whether anything is unclear, otherwise needs changing or needs to be added. It would be nice to give some feedback on the project talk page even if you have nothing to criticize.
- If possible, I'd like to put these into effect by the end of the week. The project has been dragging on for so long with little input that I'm simply tired of it. -- Porter21 (talk) 16:15, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
Alien Squid Food and Alien Worm Food[edit source]
The alien squids and alien worms may be creatures, but the food made from them is not. It's the same as adding "Salisbury Steak" to the creatures template. -- Porter21 (talk) 19:28, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
- It's fine with me if you make an article about "alien food animals" or something and put it into the category/template; I just don't think a page about the items made from them belongs in the creature category/template. If we do that, we'd have to put "Deathclaw Hand", "Brahmin Armor" and whatnot in the category as well - they're the same thing, items made from creatures. The Boom Bug you cited is different - it's the creature itself which is being used as a weapon/item, not parts of it or items made from it. -- Porter21 (talk) 19:44, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
FOBOS canon[edit source]
"some elements are confirmed to be canon (like the Super Mutant remnants)" - huh? Master's Army remnants have been featured in FO2 and FOT as well, nothing specifically from FOBOS has been confirmed as canon. Ausir(talk) 00:12, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Hi are you the administrator for GoW wikki?
Ongoing forum discussions of note[edit source]
Hi! If you haven't already, please drop by the Forum:Wiki general discussion boards and join in some of the current discussions. At issue are questions of admin maintenance responsibilities, a new way of handling bug submissions, and table formatting, among others. I lool forward to continuing to work with you, especially as the coming release of Fallout: New Vegas brings us more content to create and organize. Cheers.--Gothemasticator 04:08, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Mr. House/Mr. Hughes pic[edit source]
Please upload the pic to the wiki and place it in the Gallery section of the article. Hosting services are too unreliable/short-lived sources to use in articles. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 23:32, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Please weigh in on a proposed change in our written bugs policy.--Gothemasticator 01:07, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Bugs policy revised: new poll[edit source]
Russia is the best ;)[edit source]
Yay, both of us from Russia ;) Nice to meet you ;) --YakovFrolov 14:01, April 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm from Perm (and I've lived here since birth till now - nearly all my life) - that's around the border of Asia and Europe, somewhere on Ural ;) --YakovFrolov 14:26, April 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Lol, yeah, we kick ass ;) --YakovFrolov 14:46, April 3, 2011 (UTC)
Honest Hearts[edit source]
Don't spam. It's a blockable offense. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 06:54, April 4, 2011 (UTC)
I wanted to add an image I made from the Honest Hearts Trailer of the M1A1 Tommy gun. I think I messed up on the picture dimensions. What should they be?
Vault 13 Citizen[edit source]
Hello. First of all, allow me to apologize, since this may constitute a breach of the rules on the site; I haven't actually read any rules on the subject (and I have tried to find a set of general rules, but I've found mostly guidelines and policies), but it may constitute "Ban evasion", a common rule on most forums and such. Again, if so, I apologize.
I am the user "Luckmann" and was just, without prior notification or warning, banned, by one "Tagaziel" for "Reason given: For being a Nazi apologist AND supporter." Now, I've in no way used The Vault as a soapbox of any kind, just like I don't treat any forum or wikia I am a member of as a soapbox or a political engine. I have even taken the time to help some that others would label my diametrical opposite (including myself), such as "Suppressor Prime". My only only crime seems to have been that I offhandedly remarked that I was a national socialist in a comment relating to Tribalism and Primitivism (National Socialism naturally relating to a tribalist world-view, separate from the idea that all tribals are also primitives). No-one else raised an eyebrow, but I appear to have drawn the ire of Tagaziel who immediately began to badger me via my Talk page. I tried to explain to him that obviously, our definitions differed and was more than courteous in answering any questions he had, but it appears that despite this, he chose to ban me.
I cannot see any rules which I have broken. Not a single bad word or even voicing hostility of any kind, and ask you for an unbanning. I approach you, because when I started to write this, you were the administrator with the latest log-on. I had to use a proxy to write this, so I will be unable to properly sign it. In my short stay with a real account on the site, I've made a small number of friends, I'd love to contribute in the future and would hate to leave just because an administrator happens to dislike the politics I support.
Addendum: Block ID: #10845, I won't post my IP publicly for obvious reasons. :)
FNV credits[edit source]
- Why did you nominate the Y-17 Master trauma harness for deletion?
Lonesome Road[edit source]
I'd like that you unlock, or at least, speak to other admins about unlocking the page. There is info that needs to be written. MysteryStranger 09:58, August 6, 2011 (UTC)