User talk:Porter21/Archive 5

From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Icon nowrite.svg
This page contains archived information from User talk:Porter21. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.

Contents

Porter Engineering wiki?[edit source]

I know you're pretty busy here already, but when working on importing some of our templates into the Dragon Age wiki, I've been thinking of maybe starting a separate wiki with more generic versions of The Vault's templates, which could then be imported by other gaming wikis, or maybe even included in a starter version of gaming wikis from the get go. What do you think? Ausir(talk) 21:15, November 8, 2009 (UTC)

Yes, the default ones are enough for most people, but others will like to use more advanced templates designed specifically for games. For example, when copying The Vault templates to Dragon Age wiki it takes some effort to first get rid of some Fallout-specific stuff and make them more generic, as well as copying over all components etc. A generic, ready for import template pack would be neat for that. Ausir(talk) 16:14, November 11, 2009 (UTC)

Missing parameter on {{Infobox stat}} translation[edit source]

I translated it into Norwegian, and used it on the Norwegian version of the Agility article. What's wrong is that the "extra" parameter isn't showing up. I can't seem to find out what I've done wrong. I'm guessing I've translated something somewhere wrong, or forgotten to do it, but as usual, I can't seem to find it. Here's the Stat template. -=KAG=-The VaultNO 08:25, November 16, 2009 (UTC)

Ahhh... No way, I even checked for that, I can't believe I missed it. Thanks -=KAG=-The VaultNO 09:20, November 16, 2009 (UTC)

Spacing out Templates[edit source]

How do you space out templates so that they go one underneath the other? I'm having trouble with this for my userboxes on my user page. KingArmeryKingTalk 02:03, November 18, 2009 (UTC)

Okay, so how would I get it so that my userboxes and character box stay where they are but have the text appear underneath the userboxes? KingArmeryKingTalk 14:21, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
Okay, thanks for the help. I understood that {{clear}} would work but didn't realized I could do something like {{clear|left}}. KingArmeryKingTalk00:16, November 19, 2009 (UTC)

were is fathers books[edit source]

in the fallout 3 game guide it says that there is an item called (fathers books) in vault 101 but i cant find it in the game or on this site do you know whats up with this item. FROM LEVI23

Main Page[edit source]

What happened to it? There's random bits of code everywhere... Spoon Say Hi! 15:56, November 18, 2009 (UTC)

Ah, thanks. Spoon Say Hi! 19:53, November 18, 2009 (UTC)

Create article[edit source]

Looks great, although I think I'd still keep the current article creation pages as well. I think they're clearer and more noob-friendly, and I think it will be a good idea to put the New Vegas one in the sitenotice once information on the game starts appearing, like we did with Mothership Zeta. However, the new ones at the top of editbox are cool in that they'll also be seen by people clicking on red links. Ausir(talk) 21:24, November 20, 2009 (UTC)

Primary attributes in FOBOS[edit source]

Nope, it doesn't. Ausir(talk) 12:57, November 21, 2009 (UTC)

Quest item[edit source]

Yeah, maybe it's best to remove it. Ausir(talk) 14:40, November 21, 2009 (UTC)

Notes help?[edit source]

Hey Porter. I noticed that one or two of the notes in the Fallout 3 holodisks list were missing the little "cut" icon (Keller Journal, for one.), and I was wondering if the Crumbled Note was cut or not. I've been looking all over the Brass Lantern for the last 20 minutes for it. Nitty 18:45, November 21, 2009 (UTC)

I see it, but the chair isn't about to let me reach it. Nitty 18:59, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
Couldn't you use the twirly camera trick? Spoon Say Hi! 19:19, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
Well, thanks for the help. Nitty 19:09, November 21, 2009 (UTC)

TOC problems on Butch DeLoria page[edit source]

I don't quite understand what's wrong, but when you click on "edit" for a section (as opposed to editing the whole page), it calls up the section below the one your trying to call up. Would you mind taking a look (and then explaining to me so I understand)? Thanks.--Gothemasticator 17:21, November 23, 2009 (UTC)

I found the problem. _TOC_ was present on the page goofing things up. Fixed now.--Gothemasticator 17:48, November 23, 2009 (UTC)


Town Hall[edit source]

Hey Porter. Everytime I say that I think of Johnny Cash. Anyways, we have this article that was created and in my opinion, there should not be a separate article for something so small. This was evidenced by the Exhibit Vault that was in the Museum of Technology. Any part of something, such as Red's clinic, the town hall and the common area should be included in Big Town. Let me know. Thanks. --Kingclyde 06:21, November 27, 2009 (UTC)

Fallout 3 NPC Overhaul Project[edit source]

Porter,

I was wondering if I could do peer reviews on my own or if the original editor is supposed to ask first?

Also, when doing a peer review, is it common for the peer reviewer to correct any mistakes or adding minor things or should this be pointed out to the original editor so they can change it?

Gunjaer 14:58, November 27, 2009 (UTC)


Exactly the way I thought it would be, and how I prefer it. Thanks. Gunjaer 18:42, November 28, 2009 (UTC)


Totally different question this time, but:

I noticed that the Chinese Commando also has a section of the Dead chinese commando.

Considering they are two different NPC's isn't it wise to create a NPC page for both the Chinese Commando and the Dead Chinese Commando.

It keeps the overview a little better, and it seems easier to search for it.

Also a link to the other version on each page could be added to quickly get to the other NPC should you accidentally get on the wrong NPC page.

I also asked Ausir for his opinion.

Gunjaer 21:04, November 28, 2009 (UTC)

User Categories[edit source]

I had no idea there actually were userboxes here, I've only seen people filling in the Userbox template themselves. Anyways, wikipedia categorizes their users after what userboxes they have. In my case, I'd be categorized into Category: Norwegian Users and Category: PC users. Do you think this is a bad idea or could I go ahead with this? -=KAG=-The VaultNO 19:15, November 29, 2009 (UTC)

Yeah, I've noticed that. I don't feel like starting a discussion now, though. Maybe later. -=KAG=-The VaultNO 07:09, November 30, 2009 (UTC)

Weekly digest[edit source]

Is there anything to write about this week, or do you think we should skip it? Ausir(talk) 01:29, November 30, 2009 (UTC)

Well, I guess we could do one with just an editor spotlight, if you have time to write one (I don't at the moment). If not, I guess we can skip it. Ausir(talk) 01:58, November 30, 2009 (UTC)

Random Encounters[edit source]

So, now that the pagename is changed, the category pages need changing, right? I tried looking at the category pages, but I am nervous I will screw something up if I try to make the appropriate changes.--Gothemasticator 04:05, November 30, 2009 (UTC)


Image[edit source]

I misread the image naming convention, that was only supposed to go on the userpage images. Whoops!--Kingclyde 04:08, December 1, 2009 (UTC)

Gore[edit source]

Why are we eliminating the follower weapon pages? They are actually unique with their own set of stats. --Kingclyde 04:08, December 1, 2009 (UTC)

Gore is directed to non-playable weapons. I meant two things I just got distracted. There are plenty of non-player weapons that get a page, why not this. The GECK lists it under weapons. As for the follower weapons they do have their own stats. We should either keep seperate pages or at least mention the differences in the main article. I am for leaving pages as you can use a seperate infobox. Let me know what you think. I'm trying to go for consistancy.Kingclyde

Porter does more work than anybody[edit source]

Holy cow! Well, I ain't rich, but over 40,000 edits gets you this. It's better than a cookie. Thanks for making this place actually work.--Gothemasticator 20:09, December 3, 2009 (UTC)

Help[edit source]

How do you edit so many pages? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Vault4 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

hello is anyone out there. Nobody is talking to me. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Vault4 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
I am ambassador of Vault 94 and mayor of Girdershande. How would you like to become an official ally of Vault 94, like Vault 101 only without the craziness of an insane overseer? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Vault4 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
How do you get such good quality images and put them on a page?--Vault4 21:31, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
Magic.--Kingclyde 00:24, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

vault4?[edit source]

i cant be sure because maybe its just a user page..but is the page vault4 not supposed to be there? it'd be nice to know if i was wrong but either way wanted to make sure that this was brought to your attentionToolazytomakeaaccount 17:31, December 4, 2009 (UTC)

Thanks Toolazytomakeaaccount. I don't think is should be a page
What does USC mean? --Vault4 15:16, December 5, 2009 (UTC)

Citations[edit source]

I'm having some problems on another wikia because I don't know who to put in citiations and I'm guessing you do. Can you help me out? I'm one man taking on a hopeless task over there so I hope I don't get booted. Thanks--KnightNapier 14:33, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Help reply[edit source]

What if you can't download the G.E.C.K?--Vault4 15:05, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

How can I get an image of The Ink Spots then?--Vault4 15:17, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Can you check the Metal Box page to see if what I wrote is acceptable?--Vault4 16:25, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Are you American? Can you check the Megaton Settlerpage to see if what I have done is enough for the NPC overhaul project?

How can I add an image to the Ink Spots character page?--Vault4 17:53, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Ref id and base id[edit source]

What are ref id and base id, how can i get them and , if I can't, can you? I need them for the NPC overhaul of Talon Company Merc.--Vault4 18:58, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

I have been told you and KingClyde are the only two who can get base id and ref id. If this is true, can you get them for Talon Company Merc please, as that is all the Infobox is missing?--Vault4 20:32, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Should I still list Every single base id for Talon Company Merc?--Vault4 22:51, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

what do Base id's mean, are they for people who have Fallout 3 for the PC?--Vault4 23:11, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Sys-Op[edit source]

Wat is a sys-op and how do you become one?--Vault4 23:16, December 6, 2009 (UTC)

Sid (Fallout 3)[edit source]

I have asked Gothemasticator this but he/she has not replied or done it. On Sid (Fallout 3) can you please add one of the request boxes to ask for a better image please?--Vault4 10:21, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

can you revert my deleting os the photo of Sid (Fallout 3) for me please?--Vault4 11:22, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Thank-you. Do you know what I should put for Quest in the infobox of Glenda Close?--Vault4 11:42, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

HELP for Vault4[edit source]

I tried to create an inventory box for Pitt Raider Guard, but it has not worked, can you fix it for me cos I don't know what I have done wrong.--Vault4 12:20, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Whatdid I do wrong and how did you fix it, for future instances?--Vault4 12:48, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Do you work for wikipedia because I checked the PorterBot and, on the talk page, it mentioned you operate it.--Vault4 12:57, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Thanks. Could you check Dick Richardson for me to see if what I wrote is acceptable and makes sense. I wrote the bit from 'However to the end of that paragraph.--Vault4 13:10, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

O.k. I will that in mind. I was just not sure if I had got it right or not. Will some of the users on this wiki actuallt work for Wikipedia?--Vault4 13:23, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

How do you know about competitions like GOG? Do you mean Ausir actually works for Wikipedia?--Vault4 13:38, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

MyHome[edit source]

Sure, I have no issues with the page itself, as long as the main URL still leads to the main page, not to MyHome. Ausir(talk) 13:51, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Don't know about you, but for me, all links to MyHome still redirect to the main page. Ausir(talk) 02:28, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
Shouldn't they lead to ?redirect=no instead? Ausir(talk) 21:06, December 13, 2009 (UTC)
It does add ?redirect=no when you left-click it, but not when you middle-click it to open it in a new tab, which is what I've always done until now. Ausir(talk) 11:35, December 14, 2009 (UTC)

HELP for Vault4 pt. 2[edit source]

How can I find out the alignment for characters in Fallout 3?--Vault4 13:59, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Thanks. Do you know what Inventory Alien Worker should have?--Vault4 14:10, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Vault4 wanting to help with Project[edit source]

Mothership Zeta on NPC Overhaul Project has been completed (All but Peer Reviews). The only 2 to have done anything on it are Shadowrunner56 and Vault4. Why don't you send out messages to users telling them about the Overhaul Project, then more users might help and it can be completed quickly. If you don't have time to do this, give me the names of some users who may be able to help with the project and I will leave a message on their talk pages.--Vault4 15:15, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Should I ask people if they want to 'peer review' the characters for Mothership Zeta to tie it up as fully finished?--Vault4 16:40, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Can you get the dialogue for Angel Eyes because that is the main thing missing from the infobox--Vault4 17:12, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

Can you please revert what I did on Bill's Infobox please, sorry to ask but I either don't know how to do it or simply can't do it.--Vault4 19:39, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

So will I recieve a badge for my contributions to both your NPC project and Ausir's Fallout 1 & 2 project? also, have you reverted what I did on Bill and can you check Bob (tree) to see if I did the Peer Review right?--Vault4 22:01, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

I meant on the project page you are leader of, Fallout 3 NPC Overhaul Project.--Vault4 22:23, December 7, 2009 (UTC)

FO1/FO2 holodisks[edit source]

The articles are named after Pip-Boy entries. Not all of them are actually represented as inventory items - some are just copied from terminals etc. Ausir(talk) 22:03, December 7, 2009 (UTC)


GECK[edit source]

This is going to sound lame, how do I take pictures in the GECK? Is it possible and how do I find refid's and baseid's?--Kingclyde 05:59, December 8, 2009 (UTC)

Ok, I've fingered out how to take pics. Most of the ones I'm getting seem to be sharper than the current image. Should I replace the ones with a noticeable difference? --Kingclyde 07:01, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
If you could find the time, could you give the four Operation Anchorage weapon images a transparent background, Porter? Nitty Tok. 22:27, December 8, 2009 (UTC)
Thanks! Nitty Tok. 01:50, December 9, 2009 (UTC)


I'm using the snipping tool in Windows 7. How would I go about making the images brighter? I see you already went and replaced my image. I'm not sure what the difference is. Did I do something wrong? Could you at least tell me what I did wrong and what I can do to fix it before just replacing it. I want to make it transparent like what nitty wanted but the image that replaced mine shows a brown background. I do wish to learn this stuff if I am going to make better contributions here.--Kingclyde 02:21, December 9, 2009 (UTC)
I just was able to brighten the image in the office photo tool thingy.--Kingclyde 02:25, December 9, 2009 (UTC)

Hooray for the anti-rte bot![edit source]

Yup.--Gothemasticator 19:47, December 9, 2009 (UTC)

Race[edit source]

Hey, care to join in on the discussion Nitty and I are having about race? Check our talk pages. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 20:24, December 9, 2009 (UTC)

T-45d or T-51b[edit source]

"In addition, a specialized body suit is required to be worn underneath the T-45d's armored shell in order to facilitate linking the armor's servos to the wearer's own motions and to make the armor more bearable because of its heat dissipation problems."

this is form the T-45d page, what is the armour type in bold meant to be, it was T-41b, someone changed it to T-51b, but judging by the recon armour article it should be T-45d, but could you please clarify. Thanks. - RASICTalk 22:35, December 9, 2009 (UTC)

Thanks, The T-45d was picked up as wrong, it's just it looked as if it could be a mistaken 51 or 45, so I wanted to be check. - RASICTalk 18:09, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

News policy[edit source]

I think we could use a news policy page, describing e.g. what can (or should) be posted as separate news, what should be only included in weekly digests or weekly Fallout tidbits, and what should not be posted at all. What do you think? Ausir(talk) 14:49, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

I wouldn't really restrict the content of non-news blogs, aside from offensive material etc. They're basically just an extension of the user pages. If we have an off-topic forum, I don't see why we couldn't have off-topic blogs once in a while (hell, I even posted one myself sometime ago, about the Dragon Age event in London I was at). Most blog posts are Fallout or wiki related anyway, and any other ones rarely ever happen, so I don't see the need to regulate it. Ausir(talk) 15:02, December 10, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, agreed on that part. Ausir(talk) 15:47, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

I think that articles about Fallout games like editorials, reviews, etc. on various sites (except for maybe stuff like "first exclusive Fallout: New Vegas review") should go to Fallout tidbits posts, unless when they contain new quotes regarding the game by the developers themselves (like the GameSpot one with quotes by Emil Pagliarulo) - then they warrant a separate post. Ausir(talk) 16:00, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

Broken Editor[edit source]

I am trying to edit Brain but there is no option to save changes, has it been moved with the update?--Vault4 17:56, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

Is there a help page for moving messages in your talk page to an archive, I tried to found a page for it, but I could not. If there is could you provide a link to it?--Vault4 20:58, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

Cheers, mate. My Talk Page looks a lot better. Can you check the GECK to get a better quality picture of Ardin Buckner? Do you think I am asking too many questions?--Vault4 21:24, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

Thanks. How do you get the GECK?--Vault4 21:34, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

Sos. Is there any page for art work of fallout 3, because I searched for Art work and nothing came up to do with art.--Vault4 21:58, December 10, 2009 (UTC)

Do you know any other good wiki's? I have found the transformers wiki, but that is it.--Vault4 10:42, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

UserBox[edit source]

Sorry to keep leaving messages, but I tried to put an image in a user box, but it just says the file name instead of showing the picture. Could you look on my user page and see what I have done wrong. The last time a similar thing happened but Crazy sam10 fixed it.--Vault4 10:59, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

Thanks. What over wiki's could you recomend to me?--Vault4 11:06, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

Wikia[edit source]

When Wikia is searched, it shows a bot. I have encountered this bot on another wiki. A. Do you know who created it. B. Is there a list of all the wikis anywhere?--Vault4 12:13, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

Can you get the alignment for Carl please?--Vault4 13:57, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

Would you be able to help me with a new wiki I have just created? I can't edit the main page, as it does not load (Talk about FUCKED up). If you will help me, you search nineteenthirties.wikia.com and it should come up.--Vault4 22:09, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

Are you an Xbox 360 user? If yes, can I give you the address of my newest Wiki:wikia:x-box360:Xbox_360_Wiki#Welcome_to_Xbox_360_Wiki--Vault4 11:49, December 13, 2009 (UTC)

Factions[edit source]

Sounds good. Can your bot rename the categories? Ausir(talk) 17:33, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

you recent edits[edit source]

this may sound noobish, but thank you for your edits in th factions for 1, 2, and 3. i find them to be the most interesting parts of the games.

Sorry, link for nineteenthirties is here wikia:nineteenthirties:Old_school_music_Wiki--Vault4 22:32, December 11, 2009 (UTC)

Porter? Why is it broken?[edit source]

Dean's Electronics tables are all jumbled bits of code...

While D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine looks fine.

What did your bot do? Nitty Tok. 03:37, December 12, 2009 (UTC)

Of course...?

Thanks, Porter! Nitty Tok. 13:44, December 12, 2009 (UTC)

JES[edit source]

We don't cover the setting of Jason Mical's Fallout PnP or any other fan-made Fallout RPGs. But we do cover unofficial works by developers of Fallout games (well, one for now), like JE Sawyer's PnP RPG. Especially given that he's now the lead designer of FNV. Of course, unless any of it resurfaces in FNV, it gets the appropriate non-canon template. Ausir(talk) 12:30, December 12, 2009 (UTC)

*Long silence*[edit source]

I'm getting confused, sorry lol..... whoops. Derpy doo like. Plus FYI i dont understand half the things i type when i read them afterwards. plus that master race thing on my page..... still confusing man, still hurts my head That Guy There Bricks down the Dáil.

Videos[edit source]

so basically ur saying my videos are okay? plus credit is due for nitpicker of the wastes for telling me properly and easily how to correct my videos, if they are embedded or put on my page correctly. That Guy There Bricks down the Dáil. 22:18, December 14, 2009 (UTC)

Brian Cowen[edit source]

Can i make a joke thing on my userpage about Taoiseach (Prime Minister of Ireland) Brian Cowen??? or is that against rules??? Bertie Ahern lol! say hi people or i'll deduct ur paycheck lol!!

Heh heh heh HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA (Maniacal Laughter) Bertie Ahern lol! say hi people or i'll deduct ur paycheck lol!!

PC gamer master race[edit source]

Hey, do you have any idea what's wrong with the FOT weapons template? It's not showing the range or AP costs. Nitty Tok. 15:12, December 15, 2009 (UTC)

I can get those myself, my OCD is telling me to fix up all the weapons pages anyway. Nitty Tok. 15:21, December 15, 2009 (UTC)

Vault City[edit source]

Have you played Fallout 2? If you have, do all/most of the Vault City residents require a inventory box?--Vault4 16:43, December 16, 2009 (UTC)

Vault4 has found his first vandal[edit source]

207.235.134.2 is a vandal, can this person be blocked from editing on The Vault? Do I have the ability to block them? If I can, how do I do it, if not, is there somewhere I can put the name of the IP address for someone to ban them (I don't want to constantly bother anybody too much)--Vault4 15:57, December 17, 2009 (UTC)

O.k. I just don't want to seem annoying by only saying 'So-and-so is a vandal.' Is there a way to, on the history bit of a page (To see what a user has changed), is there a way to compare what has been wrote/changed/deleted on a single page?--Vault4 17:30, December 17, 2009 (UTC)

A. How can I tell if something is Spam? B. Can I create a bot?--Vault4 17:41, December 17, 2009 (UTC)

Another Vandal[edit source]

76.215.44.48 replaced large chunks of Sonora Cruz with the word BEANER. I have undone the vandalism, but just wanted to let you know.--Vault4 20:45, December 17, 2009 (UTC) P.S. If you and Ausir decide to use one of the names given for the weekly digest, maybe you could give them a mention for renaming it?

What has happened to my sidebar? Instead of saying, e.g., '5 minutes ago' it says something like '18469 seconds'. Is this just my P.C or something else?--Vault4 20:09, December 18, 2009 (UTC)

What's this i hear?[edit source]

Somebody made a bot to fix RTE errors? Really? Fall-in 01:37, December 18, 2009 (UTC)

not sure[edit source]

not positive if this page needs to be deleted or just updated but heres the link location. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Model_of_Home Toolazytomakeaaccount 14:45, December 18, 2009 (UTC)

"Games" Template?[edit source]

Hello, I am an administrator on the BioShock Wiki. I really love the features you have at the Vault, and I have been trying to add some of them to BioShock Wiki. One thing I noticed was the Template:Games to make a small icon appear at the top right of each page. Unfortunately, I am having trouble migrating that over since I don't know what parts of the Vault's common.css/common.js are needed to make it work.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling me which parts are needed? (or just point me to somewhere I can find information about how to make a template like that) ~ Gardimuer { ʈalk } 17:25, December 18, 2009 (UTC)

One more question: is it absolutely necessary to have two separate templates to make it work? Would combining them not work with the css/js code? ~ Gardimuer { ʈalk } 18:00, December 18, 2009 (UTC)
Thank you so much! It works perfectly! ~ Gardimuer { ʈalk } 20:04, December 18, 2009 (UTC)

'3 Strikes' Policy[edit source]

What is our current 'under-complicated' policy, just so I know? Have you checked the most recent message I left on Ausir's talk page? If not could you and answer it for me on my talk page with your answer?--Vault4 21:15, December 18, 2009 (UTC)

Jackpot Jane[edit source]

On Jackpot Jane, why did you move the Inventory box below Interactions with the Player Character?Vault4 16:43, December 19, 2009 (UTC)

What about the red links on infoboxes? Some viewing it could have difficulty reading this (I sometimes do)--Vault4 17:23, December 19, 2009 (UTC)

Vandal[edit source]

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/90.196.136.150 is messing up alot of stuff

Fallout 3 Characters[edit source]

Hey! You should add The Brain to the character page. There is very little info on him, and can't be found in search. I would have done it but I'm not allowed... —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rgansaldi (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Well, if you're leaving then dammit so am I![edit source]

You can't leave us alone out here in the wasteland! We'll be eaten up by wild redirects... or... or pounced upon by mutant categories... or... or infested with exotic rte bugs!

Just kidding. Have a great vacation!--Gothemasticator 09:26, December 21, 2009 (UTC)

World object infobox[edit source]

I think maybe we should have an infobox for world objects. Do they have base ID/ref ID (in case of the unique ones) in FO3? Or should we just use Template:Infobox item for them, like at Megaton Atomic Bomb? Ausir(talk) 09:57, December 21, 2009 (UTC)

npc project[edit source]

Yeah, I can become the project leader. I'd like to see it get completed, so that's where I'm concentrating now anyway.--Gothemasticator 19:53, December 21, 2009 (UTC)

FO1/2 item questions[edit source]

I'm adding some missing FO1 and 2 items and just wondering about some issues:

  • Do you think that if an item was originally intended to be used in FO1 and cut from the final version, but preserved in the game's files, and kept there even in FO2, should it be included in both FO1CC and FO2CC categories or just FO1CC (same might apply to FO3CC items kept in FNV files)?
  • Should items used in FO1 and unused in FO2, but still kept in the game's files be in the FO2CC category (same might apply to FO3 items unused in FNV but kept in the files)?
  • Do you think we should add a "files" field to item infoboxes, to include all information from http://www.fanmadefallout.com/fo2-items/ (e.g. 00000117.pro and FLOWER.frm), as well as maybe some from the FO3 files? I think it might be of use to the modders. Ausir(talk) 22:22, December 21, 2009 (UTC)

Fallout 3 random encounter question[edit source]

In my quest to get Outcasts to spawn at every B-type location I've come across a new problem. Sometimes the area won't spawn anything and this was after force-spawning all the unique encounters.

I remember you saying something about the game resetting the spawns so they can become available again on the talk page. What do you mean by that? -- -Jet-

That would probably explain why I got the Outcasts again after I triggered the rest of the encounters. It makes sense. -- -Jet-

You're leaving?[edit source]

Aww. D: Have a nice holiday Porter. Nitty Tok. 21:59, December 22, 2009 (UTC)

Go Relax[edit source]

You're supposed to be on vacation, dude. What are you doing poking about here? Go have some fun.--Gothemasticator 19:55, December 31, 2009 (UTC)

Bugs[edit source]

Thanks. :) I agree that moving Specific NPC, Quest, and Location listings to their respective pages is a good next step. I really took this on as a preliminary step before launching on another round of NPC project work. I want to rewrite some sections of the project page to emphasize some more specific direction on how to handle some article sections. And, in approaching that, Bugs were more and more on my mind. With a revamped main Bugs page (and after moving the aforementioned sections off the main page), I can now offer some more concrete direction on how to evaluate the Bugs sections of NPC article pages. Soon and very soon...--Gothemasticator 23:45, January 3, 2010 (UTC)

NPC project[edit source]

Hi! I want to thank you for your participation in the Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project. Progress continues, and I invite you to pick up the torch again! Please visit the project talk page to see what's new and add your input.

I look forward to seeing your name on the recent edits page!--Gothemasticator 10:38, January 5, 2010 (UTC)

(I know that you are always aware of what is going on at all times, but I didn't want you to feel left out if I didn't send you a fancy cut-and-paste update project note when everybody else got one. :P )--Gothemasticator 10:38, January 5, 2010 (UTC)

Trolls[edit source]

FALLOUTMASTER is one of them. Fall-in 02:31, January 8, 2010 (UTC)

The Vault Statistics[edit source]

How can I find out info such as unique visitors to The Vault, monthly traffic, new editors by month, etc.? I've been trawling around Wikia pages without much luck.--Gothemasticator 10:21, January 11, 2010 (UTC)

Weekly digest[edit source]

So, what do we rename it to? Maybe Vault Public Announcement? Ausir(talk) 03:20, January 14, 2010 (UTC)

Can you write Nitty's spotlight? I'm bad at doing this, unfortunately. Ausir(talk) 02:43, January 18, 2010 (UTC)

one question[edit source]

Call me stupid but i still can't see what you have chanced —Preceding unsigned comment added by Wesleyeye (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Ghoul Sentry[edit source]

Why did you revert my edit on the Ghoul Sentry page? The evil one, we can defeat him--Vault4 20:09, January 14, 2010 (UTC)

Dude[edit source]

i dont recall ever asking about item HP, MDPS and all that babble so why iz it mentioned on my page? i iz confused....

Plus i aint too happy about the new vegas release date on play.com. the 29/10/2010 does not go well in my boooks. i wud prefer a release around june or july, but that aint gunna happen. Heavy Weapons Guy Bricks down the Dáil.

Schematics components list[edit source]

You claim the edit I made repeated something listed in another page. Can you show me exactly where?

I have not found an ALPHABETICALLY sorted list of schematics components, or one that maps the proft potential. I personally find that list very useful when i'm transferring items to my locker or when selling so as i scroll through my inventory alphabetically, i can easily refer to that list to see what items are used to make high-profit weapons.

I put a lot of effort into that list, it's formatted and linked to all of your standards, and I find it useful. My guess is some other people will find it useful as well.

It's getting very frustrating that some of the mods on this wiki don't encourage the expansion of content. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort to attempt to add improvements to this wiki if i'm always doing to have my changes undone.

Please respond.

Thanks[edit source]

Thanks for the advice. I've moved the undone section to the price-to-weight page. Sorry about the mod(s) generalization! JamaicanJon 22:53, January 16, 2010 (UTC)

Van Buren design documents[edit source]

That's great! Sure, it's definitely worth starting a project (even if it would probably just mean me and Grizzly joining the effort). BTW, the additional Bloomfield files are also worth converting, since they contain full dialogues of their respective characters, as well as info on all skill checks, conditions etc. Ausir(talk) 21:32, January 18, 2010 (UTC)

Tibbets Prison design document#Contents - what do you think? Ausir(talk) 02:15, January 19, 2010 (UTC)
Sounds good. Ausir(talk) 20:34, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
Having them as subpages of design doc pages is OK IMHO. And yeah, I'd leave them in one piece as well. Ausir(talk) 21:09, February 1, 2010 (UTC)

Jericho vs. New Canaan[edit source]

since the leaked versions of New Canaan and Jericho design documents are in conflict with each other and that the locations were merged only because of time constraints, I generally consider the New Canaan version to be "true" in Van Buren articles and mention changes after its merger with Jericho only under notes. Just wondering, do you think this is how it should be, or the other way around? I think the fact that the original New Canaan was written by J.E. Sawyer who is now in charge of New Vegas is another argument for giving New Canaan priority over Jericho. It's also more consistent with other design documents. Ausir(talk) 19:20, January 21, 2010 (UTC)

Well, I don't think that Jericho being later is that important - after all, the game was not finished anyway. And the conversion of the Jericho document is not even finished - some of the stuff there still refers to the old version, with cultists living in the caves near the plant and references New Canaan as still being around. In comparison, New Canaan is a much more fleshed out document. Ausir(talk) 19:52, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
There is another possible solution - in one of the possible pre-merge endings "Most of New Canaan dies out and only the plant is left standing, which becomes the new town of Jericho" - maybe we should just tread the merged version as taking place after this? Ausir(talk) 19:56, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
It would mean ignoring some dates and just describing the events chronologically, since the dates are in conflict here, even if the events themselves are not. Anyway, I'll keep with having New Canaan as the "main" version and Jericho under a separate section. The biggest reason for me is actually the fact that a lot of the other design documents reference New Canaan and there are quests in other documents that involve the original version of New Canaan, while none of them references Jericho in any way other than the original desalination plant under New Canaan control. Sure, the other locations would have been modified appropriately eventually in the final version, but for consistency's sake I'd go with New Canaan given that the design docs we have now were not. Ausir(talk) 20:10, January 21, 2010 (UTC)

Hello[edit source]

Nice to meet you, Administrator. I see you've visted my page......my typed version of the Fallout Liberator is not yet done, but I have a written version completely finished.

I am hoping that I can get it cannonized by Bethesda Interplay and Black Isles, and I hope that if they do accept it-That I will be a writer in the Expanded Fallout world

Sincerely,

Sean—Preceding unsigned comment added by Fallout Liberator (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!


'Sup, man! Just wanted to say, sorry about leaving the unused images! Try not to die! Metalfrenchtoast 05:48, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Oh Btw,[edit source]

What exactly did you edit from my story? Just Curious......Im glad that an Administrator found me, and I hope to see more people like you :D. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Fallout Liberator (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

New Editor[edit source]

Hello it is me again, I am having trouble editing info boxes, they keep saying they are templates in the new editor. Is there anyway to use the old editor?

Vault 815 04:15, January 22, 2010 (UTC)

[edit source]

Official, the URL you linked to is the mirror of the official Fallout Bible site that is no longer available at its original address. Ausir(talk) 14:17, January 22, 2010 (UTC)

Possible hacking threat?[edit source]

Would you look at Talk:Shalebridge? It seems to me that the guy is threatening to hack the wiki and proving he can do it. I blocked him temporarily. But I don't understand what he wrote. I thought you'd like to see for yourself.--Gothemasticator 18:42, January 22, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll go ahead and unblock him, since it's really nothing.--Gothemasticator 20:55, January 22, 2010 (UTC)
Thats a bit scary. It makes me glad, though, that The Vault has responsible Admins to take care of stuff like this. AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke? 21:04, January 22, 2010 (UTC)

Looking for some help[edit source]

How do I change the image on a wikia on the left, you know the vault door with 'the vault'. Any help is appreciated thank you. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Birdie94jb (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Thanks, btw any basics I should know, I'm pretty new to wikia, so I pretty much now the basics of the basics. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Birdie94jb (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

NPC Pictures[edit source]

What's the best Ratio? The Fallout default? And do you prefer full body shots of NPCs or close up of Torso + Face etc. Birdie94jb 14:23, January 23, 2010 (UTC)

Whats the most common size used for pictures? Birdie94jb 14:52, January 23, 2010 (UTC)

Image categories[edit source]

I want you to stop and take 5 minutes to pat yourself on the back for doing something that nobody ever looks at.

Porter, you're awesome. :) Nitty Tok. 01:26, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout Bible[edit source]

By the way, don't know if you noticed but the Fallout Bible conversion to wiki format is not actually complete - it was pretty tedious to do it manually so some of the installments are unfinished. Could you perhaps convert these like the design docs? Ausir(talk) 11:36, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

I made a project page for it. Ausir(talk) 14:53, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
Sounds like a good idea. Ausir(talk) 15:21, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

I'd leave it in one piece. Maybe split into 4 parts? Ausir(talk) 21:20, January 26, 2010 (UTC)

Maybe two pieces then. I think it's best not to split the locations anyway. Ausir(talk) 21:35, January 26, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout Warfare[edit source]

Could you make a gameicon for Fallout: Warfare? Ausir(talk) 11:43, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

Yeah, although I guess it would be better if it were a transparent version of this black and white logo: File:Warfare.jpg. Ausir(talk) 11:53, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

Template:Tactics[edit source]

By the way, could you have your bot change all instances of {{Tactics}} to {{FOT}} for consistency with other canon templates? Ausir(talk) 12:22, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

Yesses not working?[edit source]

{{yes}} yields only "yes" - how come?--Gothemasticator 23:44, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

...and they work again now. Did you fix something?--Gothemasticator 23:51, January 24, 2010 (UTC)
Strange. I was working on a table and thought I'd screwed up. But then I checked several different pages and none of the yesses were showing as green checks. All other images were fine. But it only lasted for a few short minutes.--Gothemasticator 23:58, January 24, 2010 (UTC)

Some policing please[edit source]

Is it possible for you to tell MikealGrizzly to stop being such a douche and ruining forum threads? He's supposed to be an admin, but all he does is cause arguments, shitcan peoples suggestions simply because he doesn't believe in them and generally derail the entire thread. Other people have commented on it already through the various threads and it is too annoying. I'd expect that from a troll or something, but for that behaviour to come from an admin is unacceptable. Please tell him to tone his comments down and if he does feel the need to shit on peoples input, at least have the courtesy to actually contribute something to the thread in the same post. We get it, he doesn't like Fallout 3, why cant he let others discuss it without having to endure his dislike for the game or its developers.

Thank you. - Geroge Crushington —Preceding unsigned comment added by 121.44.145.150 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

As long as he does not abuse his admin status or otherwise violates policies, it's really not my business to get involved. Having a different opinion is not against policy and that's really all I'd consider him "guilty" of in that thread. -- Porter21 (talk) 23:37, January 27, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout Extreme[edit source]

I've received lots of info about Fallout Extreme. Can you make a gameicon for it? Ausir(talk) 22:58, January 26, 2010 (UTC)

Do you think a Fallout Extreme portal would be too much? :) Ausir(talk) 19:57, January 27, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I think Van Buren warrants a separate one. Maybe "canceled spin-offs"? Ausir(talk) 23:10, January 27, 2010 (UTC)

Inventory for VB chars[edit source]

Actually, some of the design documents do list the inventory of characters (or at least weapons and armor). Ausir(talk) 12:29, January 27, 2010 (UTC)

Files and moving[edit source]

I wasn't aware. Thanks. Next time, I'll move it myself in addition to letting the user know.--Gothemasticator 23:49, January 27, 2010 (UTC)

Page deletion[edit source]

An IP address created "How to drop quest items!!! PLEASE HELPPP" I viewed it and I think it should be deleted, but I ain't got that option, cud u do it 4 me?--Vault4 18:49, January 29, 2010 (UTC)

Unneeded wanted templates[edit source]

These two templates; http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Tl and http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Archives both link to a template, which should not exist. This annoyingly enough appears in the Wanted Templates specialpage, no matter how small it may be, it is still annoying. Would it be possible to use some form of code to make sure the templates do not link to anything unnecessary anymore? Light Daxter - User - Talk 20:23, January 29, 2010 (UTC)

Userbox images...[edit source]

How do you put images in userboxes, I haven't had much success in putting any in. CheezeWEEPツ 18:59, January 30, 2010 (UTC)

Images[edit source]

Sorry man, I'll be more careful next time. Ishotamaninnewreno 01:04, January 31, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout 2 quest tables[edit source]

I would if I could, I don't quite know how. D:

Sure, that would work. Nitty Tok. 15:03, January 31, 2010 (UTC)

Already on it! Nitty Tok. 15:11, January 31, 2010 (UTC)

Wikia new article "improvement"[edit source]

It won't even affect us given that we don't even have the standard "create a new article" link that would trigger this popup. Ausir(talk) 23:49, January 31, 2010 (UTC)

Ah, this sucks then. Will it be possible to disable it? Ausir(talk) 00:03, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
Given how our current system is superior, maybe they can be reasoned with and will disable it here. How about any javascript workarounds? Ausir(talk) 00:15, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
As for javascript, according to a friend of mine adding "$(".new").unbind('click');" somewhere in MediaWiki:Common.js might work. Ausir(talk) 01:23, February 1, 2010 (UTC)
I was told that it will be possible to opt out. Ausir(talk) 21:12, February 1, 2010 (UTC)

Van Buren Documentation[edit source]

Thanks for putting this on the wikia. I'm tickled pink!! --Mikill 20:06, February 1, 2010 (UTC)

New Recent Changes in table[edit source]

Hi Porter, I would like to ask you something. Basically I thought it would be better if the Recent Changes were in a table. It would be more organized and easier to read through too, costing less time. Now I decided to ask you (I have no idea who is good enough to do it) if you could possibly do this, or know someone who can. Here is an image of what it would basically look like; http://jakanddaxter.wikia.com/wiki/File:RC_in_table.jpg, if you think it is good enough kindly let me know. Light Daxter - User - Talk 17:30, February 2, 2010 (UTC)

Back again. I asked at http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:New_Recent_Changes_in_table, then I looked at the MediaWiki site but could not see anything that I really could use. I then went on the IRC and they told me it would be not such a big thing to do, and I just need someone willing and able to make such an extension. I hope you got an idea and where to find someone... Light Daxter - User - Talk 17:18, February 3, 2010 (UTC)

Developer images[edit source]

Sounds reasonable. Ausir(talk) 21:50, February 2, 2010 (UTC)


Problem with translating plural in templates[edit source]

Long time no see! It sure has been a while since I last asked you a question, so it's about time.

I'm trying to translate the Overviewintro template to Norwegian, but I ran into the same problem regarding plurals. When we do plurals in Norwegian, usually, the word doesn't change, unless it's an irregular word. We don't add anything, it just stays the same. "Ett våpen" - "Mange våpen", "Ett klesplagg" - "Mange klesplagg" ("One Weapon - Many weapons", "one piece of clothing" - many pieces of clothing").

I'm wondering how I remove the s at the end? If you could take a quick look here, that'd be great. -=KAG=-The VaultNO 12:11, February 4, 2010 (UTC)

Well, how about that. I guess it was easier than I thought. Thanks! -=KAG=-The VaultNO 09:43, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

Hey Porter, How Did You...[edit source]

Get such good quality images? It seems like magic how perfect they are! I'd like to know how you did such marvelous work on them. Thanks and respond as soon as possible. Your fellow editor, CheezeWEEPツ 12:59, February 4, 2010 (UTC).

[edit source]

I don't think it is, we won't find out until later, but the image is poorly cut and the only reason it looks like it is, is due to the smoke.Birdie94jb 17:41, February 4, 2010 (UTC)

I'd use the website one. Ausir(talk) 23:38, February 4, 2010 (UTC)

New Vegas will definitely be canon - I don't see how it wouldn't be. As for adding the spoiler tag through {{Games}}, I don't know. I'd rather keep it as is, since it will allow us to add the spoiler tags to sections - I wouldn't want the whole NCR article to be tagged as having spoilers, only the section regarding their Vegas activities. Ausir(talk) 01:52, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

BTW, {{FNV}} includes both the spoiler tag and {{upcoming}}, so there's no need to add {{upcoming}} separately. Ausir(talk) 01:55, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
Well, given the proximity of Vegas to the areas of FO2 and VB, I think there will be more such articles. And I guess you're right, maybe it's better to keep "upcoming" and "FNV" separate. Ausir(talk) 02:05, February 5, 2010 (UTC)

Editing Wikia Backgrounds[edit source]

Do you know how I can go about editing the background of a wikia? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Birdie94jb (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Create article for New Vegas[edit source]

I dunno where those pages are to edit, but the date is 2280 according to http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2066/77205074.jpg.

Mind putting that in? Nitty Tok. 00:54, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Ausir did, and I followed him from there. What's wrong with the Varmint page? Nitty Tok. 18:28, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Varmint infobox[edit source]

Could you please fix the weapon infobox? See: Varmint. Looks like the gun template gets broken if some fields are not filled in. Ausir(talk) 04:49, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

I screwed up...[edit source]

With the Template:Navbox weapons FNV. How do I get the links to not go to the Fallout 3 weapons template? Nitty Tok. 18:51, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

That's what I get for copy-pasting... Thanks. Nitty Tok. 18:55, February 7, 2010 (UTC)

Image[edit source]

Hi porter, thanks for putting an image on my IRRADIATED OUTHOUSE article, ever since i made the article i wanted to put an image on it —Preceding unsigned comment added by Tommygunner32 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Ok porter i will make my page better:) I just feel a little anoid because i put effort in making my own article and people just come along and RUIN it, and delete my text, But thanks for the warm welcome porter and i look forward to working with u and the community, i will contribute more often and since know a lot about fallout 3 i will try and add more articles.  :

Fallout Bible 3[edit source]

Sure, why not (although FOB3 is superseded by FOB0 anyways). Ausir(talk) 03:12, February 10, 2010 (UTC)

Images[edit source]

Gaaahhhhhhhhhh completely forgot, only just got the internet back, think I used to do it.

Blah, anyways, will make sure they all do. StarfishCostume 18:56, February 14, 2010 (UTC)

Addictions for regular foods in F3...[edit source]

Could you make the Fallout 3 consumable infobox's "addiction" box able to accept "empty" and not show up? Nitty Tok. 00:36, February 15, 2010 (UTC)

Problem is that there aren't any consumables that you can get addicted to. Just the chems. Shouldn't it be changed so only relevant articles have information about addictions? Nitty Tok. 02:42, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
Alright, could you at least tuck a "prototype id" section into the F1/F2 ammo infobox? Nitty Tok. 19:50, February 15, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks! Nitty Tok. 22:08, February 15, 2010 (UTC)

Icons![edit source]

Thanks for the character page icon additions. Now I have another place to link to!--Gothemasticator 07:11, February 15, 2010 (UTC)

Sidebar[edit source]

Why did you remove "Create new article" from the sidebar? In my opinion it should stay there, as it provided quick access to each of the game-specific tabs, which are IMO more accessible to newcomers to the links on top of the new article window. Ausir(talk) 01:58, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Belle Pic[edit source]

FYI,


The "copyrighted" picture of Belle is actually an already copyrighted picture of the character "Julie" from the motion picture "Return of the Living Dead 3".


12.198.191.88 03:43, February 16, 2010 (UTC)Anonymous

Interactions[edit source]

I don't want to strangle you. On the contrary, I've been circling around the need for something much like what you propose. I like it. On another note, regarding bugs... I wonder if we can do away with bugs sections on NPC pages altogether. Real bugs are almost always location- or quest-related, and the bugs that are attached to NPCs are general to all NPCs. Follower bugs are common to all followers. Common bugs can be contained on the big bugs page and could appear on the NPC and Follower overview pages. What do you think?--Gothemasticator 07:07, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Icons[edit source]

Well, for articles with this many icons I think we could get rid of icons for canceled games aside from Van Buren, which I think is more notable than the rest, as well as of JES, and perhaps add a "More..." icon at the end that would link to #Appearances, which would have a more detailed list of appearances. What do you think? Ausir(talk) 10:58, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Well, the Brotherhood of Steel appears in all games, but not in the webcomic (OK, just one example, but still). :) I'd generally prefer to keep the individual icons, anyway. Ausir(talk) 12:31, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
The "all games" icon sounds like a good option for now, but what if e.g. the BoS does not appear in the next Fallout game after FNV? We'd need to revert to having to show icons for individual games. Ausir(talk) 12:57, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Interactions[edit source]

Looks good. Although for characters who are involved in quests I'd also have a section for each of these quests. Ausir(talk) 18:40, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

And I'd prefer it as it is now - one or so paragraph of summary of the character's role in the quest, with {{main}} linking to the quest page itself. I think it gives you a better overview of the character in question, while not going into quest walkthrough details. Ausir(talk) 19:09, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
Well, for me the quest details is exactly what should go in the interactions sections, as it can details various outcomes etc. depending on your actions, which for me would feel out of place in the more in-universe background sections. Background for me was exactly for details that do not change based on your actions, while everything else should always go under interactions. That's how I've always used it myself. Ausir(talk) 19:26, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
Sounds better, but I still prefer not to have to read through the whole quest page to have a general idea of the role of a character I'm reading about in each quest. Ausir(talk) 20:03, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
OK. :) Ausir(talk) 22:45, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Signature[edit source]

Yoy mean like this-Tommygunner32 18:53, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

OK PORTER21 :)[edit source]

Thanks for spending your time talking to me , i guess your pretty busy huh :)-Tommygunner32 18:59, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Nice Person[edit source]

.Your a nice person porter you know that,UNLIKE SOME OTHER MEMBERS.


But i won't go into details,k:)-Tommygunner32 19:03, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Musician images[edit source]

Ok, I'll be sure to remember that when I upload another image again. Shadowrunner56 20:18, February 16, 2010 (UTC)

Militay Assault Rifle[edit source]

Thanks for cleaning up the page. Could you include the image I uploaded on the discussion page into the article page itself? Thanks, --KieranBOS 12:21, February 17, 2010 (UTC)

New Vegas scans[edit source]

Bethesda is telling us to remove scanned screenshots from articles. Oh well. Ausir(talk) 07:29, February 18, 2010 (UTC)

Yes. Ausir(talk) 08:46, February 18, 2010 (UTC)

Signature[edit source]

I feel incredibly stupid, but would I have to paste that into the preference box for the signature, or paste it next to my signature on a page? Again, sorry if I seem to be annoying you. NukeWEEPツ 08:29, February 19, 2010 (UTC)

I seem to be getting the entire concept right, but I can't get it to link to my talk page. Ex. -> NukeWhap Blab 08:54, February 19, 2010 (UTC). NukeWhap Blab 08:54, February 19, 2010 (UTC)

One last bother for you, but Werewolfhell had an old signature with a emote smashing other emotes. Im wondering how I would combine an image as this one File:User- AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke? Gir dance.png into my signature. NukeWhap Blab 09:10, February 19, 2010 (UTC)

RE: Article Edits[edit source]

Well, most of the articles have been character acticles under the Fallout 3 characters project, Jericho being one good example. Sorry to nag you, I suspect you have a busy role in this wiki, huh :] oops, forgot this --> Ghouly89 22:09, February 19, 2010 (UTC)

Outdated skills[edit source]

Okay, that makes sense, because I looked at the demo for the game, and saw the 'Firearms' skill. Anyway, I'll make sure to not put little things like that. :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ghouly89 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Fallout Bible 0[edit source]

Huh? Why the revert? Ausir(talk) 03:20, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Are you editing in your sleep? :) Ausir(talk) 10:43, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Hey, Mr. Productivity![edit source]

You must have the day off or something. :) Me, I'm swamped with RL. Just popped in for a coffee break. I'll have more time after Monday.

So, what's with redirecting minor quest pages to NPC pages? Is this part of a new grand scheme? --Gothemasticator 17:52, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Achievement/trophy info on Fallout 3 quests[edit source]

I don't really see the point in removing it. Sure, it might be a bit redundant, but I think it's relevant enough to the quests, available at a glance. I don't have a problem with redundancy as long as the info is where the reader looks for it. And for most add-ons, aren't all achievements awarded for quests? I don't think it makes sense to list them double on each page. Ausir(talk) 18:57, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Yeah, I guess you're right. Ausir(talk) 19:57, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Some Special Font?[edit source]

D̤̲̣̤̻̺͆ͪ̉̓̆͡Ó̮̫͖̺ͣ́N͎͈͉̼͇͕̹͜'̨̖̱̯̬̠̌ͮ̓̔T̥̹͂͌͢ ̘̭͈̰̅͛̌ͪG̪͕̯̠̲͖͈̀̈́̔̈́̔O̠͂ͥͣ̾͊̂̓ ̭̰̦̓̏͐̈́ͦ͊T̷̠̝͈̮̪̊ͫ͌ͮ̍ͮÕ͓̎ͬͦ͆ ̪̞͙̘̆͆ͅͅT̷̆H̿̄̌̍Ḙ͖̭͙̎̽͗ͤ̋̈́ͭ ̵̭̤̝̜̅̂̋̀̍̈F̦̳̰̙ͨ͜O͓̺ͤͮ̓͌̋R̩̟͈ͩ͒̓͒͂̎̒͞S̭̉́͂ͯ̋ͭ͢A̭̩̙̤̩͓̪̍K̲͓̣̲̦̗̰̔ͦ͂Ë́ͤ͌҉͓̫̻̜̱̞͎N͏ ͭ̓̓̒ͦ̄Rͭ̃̌ͦ̚U̼̯͈̣̔̒̆̃̽́ͅͅỊ̡̤̄ͮͥ̔̆͒Ñ̹̥̯̩͙̱̽̃͢S͇͙̖͍!̯̠̗̞̭̼̈ͫ͟!̠̮̻̫̭͎̿ͩ̃!̞̭̘̜̙̻ͪ̄̈́͌̀!̗̪̂ͦ̈͋̀

Fat Man Spoon and Nitpicker of the Wastes has this placed at the top of their page. I also noticed when backspacing it that the "smudge" was being backspaced. Any idea how to replicate this? http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/5/58/User_AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke%3F_Game_image_4028.gif - NuclearWhip Blab 21:14, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

sorry[edit source]

Sorry. I know it doesnt matter to you either way, but I felt a bit insulted that you took the time to edit my post to inlcude a signature, and not even the time to post a link. Even more, you took the topic off. >_> —Preceding unsigned comment added by Kneeofjustice (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Dialogue Files[edit source]

Are dialogue files supposed to be written so as the reader of the page has to scroll to the side to read the lines? If that is not required, I would like to change some of those. :) Ghouly89 22:45, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Yeah, that's what I just editted. So if it was a copy and paste, then is my little addition okay? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ghouly89 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Would it be possible to use your bot to convert dialogue file pages to use {{notebox}} instead of the current layout (like I just did at COW.MSG? I think it would look much better (and wouldn't have the scroll bar in the text box like they do now). Ausir(talk) 22:58, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Ahh, now that is a template that dialogue files should be in. :) Ghouly89 23:33, February 20, 2010 (UTC)

Disambigs[edit source]

Oh, this is about Jericho, not Lenny or Marcus. Ooops.

Sorry about that, I assumed that games came first. Nitty Tok. 14:25, February 21, 2010 (UTC)

Gallery[edit source]

Is there a way to increase the amount of pictures displayed in a single <gallery> line? I need six or eight. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 16:24, February 21, 2010 (UTC)

Will it work when placed in the .css? http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 16:40, February 21, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout Screenshots[edit source]

I believe you have uploaded images here before, correct? Well, if any of them were direct screenshots from FO/FO2, I need help. I tried taking one from Fallout, and when I copy/pasted it onto paint, the result looked like a negative photo. Do you know what I'm talking about? Ghouly89 02:31, February 22, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout 3 player housing article[edit source]

I don't understand what's going on with that page.

  • When I click on the article, I see the old, non-tabled version.
  • When I click on history and go through the recent several versions, I don't see anything about changing it away from a table format.
  • When I use compare versions and click on current version, I see the non-table version.
  • But if I click on the version before that, I see the table version.
  • Then, if I click back on the current version, I see the the table again.
  • Finally, when I click on article again, I still see the non-table version.

So confused... Any idea what's going on? Thanks.--Gothemasticator 05:23, February 22, 2010 (UTC)

New Template[edit source]

Say, are you making a new template just for the Boulder Dome? If so, can I be of any assisstance? I was about to delete that but you're adding it to all my new pages :) Ghouly89 07:26, February 22, 2010 (UTC)

I already got some places onto the navbox, but I can handle filling out the rest of it for you. Thanks, that thing is convenient! Ghouly89 07:36, February 22, 2010 (UTC)

Unreasonable Bbockage[edit source]

Why did you temporarily block me just because I don't believe Ausir actually has these chats with Fallout devs? What, so I have to just agree with everything he says? I didn't think my reply was particularly offensive in any respect, or am I thinking of another post I made? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 194.46.186.177 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

Which IP of yours was blocked? There is no entry in the block log for the IP which left this message nor for the one which doubted that Ausir has talked to devs (194.46.251.11), and I need to know which block we're talking about if I'm to explain the reasons to you. I certainly wouldn't have blocked you for not believing Ausir, that much I can tell you. -- Porter21 (talk) 14:35, February 23, 2010 (UTC)

NPC project news: Birthdates and Interactions template![edit source]

Thanks for your continued participation in the NPC project! Please visit our project talk page to catch up on new developments. See you around the recent changes page!--Gothemasticator 09:01, February 23, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for the template. Hopefully it will start to see some use soon. In other news, I passed test one of two for the A+ certification. One step closer to making myself more marketable.--Gothemasticator 09:01, February 23, 2010 (UTC)

isn't it fake?[edit source]

the image

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:VB_DD02_creat_CRB-S.jpg

isn't fake? that is A.M.E.E. from the movie The Red Planet ? the robot's image is posiblilly a photoshop en in the name. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 189.202.29.182 (talkcontribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!

The images in the Van Buren design docs weren't actual ingame screenshots or concept art; the designers used images of movie/game characters or creatures to give people an impression of what they imagined the character/creature to look like. So no, the image is not fake (it's the one used in the design document) and it's perfectly possible you're right about its origin :) -- Porter21 (talk) 10:11, February 24, 2010 (UTC)

New Vegas source template?[edit source]

Hi,

Nitty recommended me here to run this idea by you. Originally posted by me on his talk page:

I was looking at some New Vegas pages which don't contain much information (or even a proper name) such as Virgin Mary Pistol. I can only imagine such a page would exist as a placeholder for whatever we find out the weapon to be so as to not have to make a new article later on. My problem isn't with doing that (it's good to be proactive), but rather with the New Vegas pre-release template as it stands.

Right now it says "The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas pre-release information and may contain spoilers."

I think that rather than having this template only say that the article may contain spoilers, it should also be more explicit about the fact that it's prerelease information, subject to change, similar to the source templates. I just don't think only putting pre-release information in bold is sufficient for conveying that the information is not yet canonical, especially since most of it is taken from uncited magazine articles, and might even be completely cut before the game releases. My recommendation would be to add something like:

"The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas pre-release information which is subject to change as the release date approaches and has not yet been confirmed by canon sources."

This would be kind of like the template Wikipedia puts at the top of it's pages concerning current events which serves as a disclaimer.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thanks

Socash11 13:46, February 25, 2010 (UTC)

Sure, I agree. I wanted to convey the fact that whatever information we have is still tentative and not yet part of the established Fallout continuity. Considering how far we are from the release date and the amount of interpretation used in some of the articles (which result from picking apart every word written in the magazine previews), it seems necessary to acknowledge the potential inaccuracy of the information we have so far on New Vegas. I'm not entirely familiar with the format for writing these source boxes, so it would be best left to someone else to make up a shortened version. Thanks for hearing my suggestion.
Socash11 02:58, February 26, 2010 (UTC)

Verify[edit source]

Sweet. I like new toys. I'd like to play with it a little and then think about how to roll it out (to admins as well as in practice). Right now I am dog-sick, so am not going to try doing any brain-work that nyquil might interfere with. You know, stuff like implementing a new template, or standing up. Thanks for the template.--Gothemasticator 08:43, February 28, 2010 (UTC)

Hun-ning rifle[edit source]

Hi sorry to bother you porter but i just saw a new page called Hunning rifle,I don't know how to change titles please can you look into it,Cheers Since when was it Hunning rifle you know:)Tommygunner32 13:07, February 28, 2010 (UTC)

Vegas creatures[edit source]

Ok porter cheers,

I just added 2 creatures to the new vegas creatures list 1 deathclaw and 2 radscorpion

It mentioned these in that magazine thing an the new vegas page, But i guess you already knew:)Tommygunner32 13:19, February 28, 2010 (UTC)

I'm going to add to this message. On Radscorpion, we've got 8 games (9 if you count Vegas), but only F1-FOBOS appears on the top of the infobox. Can we get that expanded? Nitty Tok. 13:24, February 28, 2010 (UTC)

Navboxes don't collapse any more[edit source]

I see that you changed something regarding navboxes, but now they don't collapse. Not what you intended?--Gothemasticator 03:56, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Not collapsing[edit source]

Jack (weapon), Vault 87, Anna Holt.--Gothemasticator 06:34, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Browser cache refresh not changing anything. Neither is adding the wiki-cache thing you showed me to the web address. ??--Gothemasticator 06:54, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
I just checked the NPC project page and all the progress tables are uncollapsed also. And no button to recollapse them. Could it be an Internet Explorer 8 issue? I've just started using it recently to check it out. I'll open up another browser and see what's what.--Gothemasticator 06:57, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
Well, that's just weird. Chrome loads the navboxes as fully open. The "hide" button is visible, but the cursor becomes a text cursor when hovered over the button, and placement is real picky when clicking. The boxes do collapse, though.--Gothemasticator 07:00, March 2, 2010 (UTC)
All's good now. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 08:44, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Polls and Bugs[edit source]

What if we used polls on bug pages or pages that have a medium amount of bugs, and the poll could be yes if X bug occured. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/5/58/User_AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke%3F_Game_image_4028.gif - Nuke Eater Blab 10:08, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Help me log in!!!![edit source]

Hi porter soz to bother u,

But my old account Tommygunner32 wont let me log in :(

Please can u help me i want it backTommygunner 32 16:18, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

No u misunderstand me,,,I have the right password,,But the LOG IN button won't work,I keep pressing it but it wont do anything,Has this happened before


Thanks for the help by the way Tommygunner 32 16:44, March 2, 2010 (UTC)

Tent and Sniper Vista?[edit source]

On the talk page, you mentioned the game guide. Did you get one? Nitty Tok. 00:51, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Coolio. I've got the GotY guide. I assume that the guide is where we got the unmarked quest names? Should I move them to their names according to the guide? Nitty Tok. 19:43, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
On the subject of the guide, which version of the guide are we supposed to use now? Nitty has the newest version while I assume you and I as well as Gothemasticater have the older version. There appear to be some differences between them. For example, the section Nitty where he found Sticky's name as per the guide was on Page 98, where in the old guide it is about "The Waters of Life" quest. Just let me know. I'm sure for the most part they should be the same, but do I need to upgrade my guide or not. --Kingclyde 20:06, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I'd say the GOTY guide is the preferred version as it is the expanded and corrected version of the original one. If there's conflicting info between the two, the GOTY guide's version should take precendence (although I share your opinion that most likely there won't be that much conflicting info). -- Porter21 (talk) 20:50, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

User page image tidy up[edit source]

I've finished for the time being, so it's safe to do the rest now :)    phoenix     txt    data   11:53, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Table on NPC overhaul page[edit source]

For some reason, it appears the bot has altered the table for Layout guidelines on the NPC overhaul project page. Is there an additional column required, or would you like me to fix?? (Original table is at User:Ph03n1x/Sandbox2 if you would like to copy and paste).    phoenix     txt    data   13:57, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

Navigation Box[edit source]

Seeing as you helped me with my last query, I thought I'd go to you with this one as well; I'm pretty sure there's not a Nav. box for The Khans, or the Khan Camp if you will. Should there be one, and if so how will I go about making one? Please excuse the pestering, and thanks again ;) Also, on a side note, I'm in the process of saving my Official FO3 GOTY Guide as a .txt format, is there any use that can be made of this? StarfishCostume 18:43, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

That's very helpful, thanks. Luckily enough this one's a very simple one, so a good starting point, I'm sure it shan't be my last. Just to be sure before I start slapping it on articles willy nilly, how's this bad boy?; Template:Navbox Khans
StarfishCostume 19:17, March 3, 2010 (UTC)
Perfect, thanks ;) StarfishCostume 20:40, March 3, 2010 (UTC)

FYI[edit source]

I am still really sick, so I will be pretty inactive for the next week (not like I've gotten a ton done in the last week or so). But, I wanted you to know that I agree we need an admin board. I don't like the one you linked to much, but, again, I won't have much input for the time being. Recovery's got to come first. See you in a week or so!--Gothemasticator 20:06, March 3, 2010 (UTC)


I'm truly confused[edit source]

I talked to Ausir and we are using in-game names vs. names that only occur in the guide. Am I wrong yet again or did you guys come up with another conclusion after I moved it. I asked him about 5 mins before I moved it. (This is about Sticky vs Sticky Hands) --Kingclyde 11:58, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Nevermind I actually am confused. Time for bed. --Kingclyde 11:59, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Cheers![edit source]

Cheers Porter for the nice welcome, I'll clue myself up for the wiki editing and see how I can help. My main strength is checking spelling, grammar and style of pages. Call me weird but I enjoy doing that! ;) --Pyxxel 18:26, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Dinosaur Skeleton???[edit source]

Hi porter i need your help,I just found an easter egg on point lookout,,It is the remains of a dinosaur (Skeleton) underwater and there is a safe next it and about 3 ammo boxes,,Should i mention this place as an unmarked location or should i leave it out??Tommygunner32 19:11, March 4, 2010 (UTC)

Interactions template and RTE[edit source]

RTE takes out fields that aren't filled in.

Go complain to Wiki Staff for me? ;) Nitty Tok. 23:25, March 6, 2010 (UTC)

Sure! Happy to help. Nitty Tok. 15:10, March 14, 2010 (UTC)

New vegas creature[edit source]

Hi porter,I just found something on the images for new vegas,,,,go (here) and find the picture with the guy swinging the golf club at the guy in the suit,,,,,Look at the top left of the page,,you should see an animal,,,im not to sure of what it is,,,Can you tell me what to call it i will put it on wiki.The Tunnel Snake 12:45, March 7, 2010 (UTC)

Search Boxes in a User Page[edit source]

As unfortunate as it is for me and The Vault that you won't be on as often, i have a question: Do you have the HTML code for a search box/engine? User- EatThatNuke Nuke-A-Cola.gif -ᴺᵘᴷᴬ Blab 19:44, March 8, 2010 (UTC)

Stupid page[edit source]

Hi porter i just found a page that need's deletind,It's called OCDoug's Guide to Possible Perfection,,Some wannabe has just added it,,Please tell me you will delete it cos its a TERRIBLE guide and i thought people weren't allowed to do this stuff Tommygunner32 18:51, March 10, 2010 (UTC)

Goth handled it. Nitty Tok. 22:04, March 12, 2010 (UTC)

My Templates[edit source]

I had the AYGTETN template there so I could use it for a signature, and I don't see how putting 3 templates here is going to end the world.


Making templates for another wiki[edit source]

I was curious on how to make templates work. I copied a few templates for infoboxes for weapons and don't know how to make things work. Any resources on how to start fresh or to point me in the right direction. Thanks. --Kingclyde 06:58, March 15, 2010 (UTC)

CNC Wiki problems[edit source]

Hey Porter. Could you drop by the C&C Wiki and take a look at the navboxes and .css? It looks really screwy for me (as in, styles do not display at all for the infoboxes) and I can't identify the issue. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 10:54, March 18, 2010 (UTC)

NPC interactions bot[edit source]

Hope I catch you before you sneak off again. I'm wondering about the interactions section - specifically the wording of the subsections. "Related quests" has been encouraging people just to list the quests, which is redundant. I'd favor something more descriptive, like "quest involvement summaries." Likewise, "other interactions" and "effects of the player character's actions" are redundant simply because no one can tell what belongs in one or the other. I favor "non-quest interactions" to solve the problem. Take a look at A Wanderer to see it in action.

Unless you object, could you send your bot to make adjustments?--Gothemasticator 09:28, March 19, 2010 (UTC)

Have fun :) . I'm going to post my thoughts on the NPC project page and see what people think. Thanks, and I'll see you around when time allows.--Gothemasticator 09:45, March 19, 2010 (UTC)

Hello nice to meet you[edit source]

I'm new to this wiki so i'm still greeting everyone. Nukey has been a really big help lik this User Enclave 13 Signature Outcast Emblem.png  Hunk  tok  22:34, March 20, 2010 (UTC) and getting me started.

Im Enclave 13 by the way! see you when you get back!!! User Enclave 13 Signature Outcast Emblem.png  Hunk  tok  22:34, March 20, 2010 (UTC)

Deep, Sincere Apology[edit source]

I never relized how stressful categorizing images is for you. I apoligize for not categorizing my user images. Nukey Fallout Sign.jpg  Nukey  tok 

Ongoing forum discussions of note[edit source]

Hi! If you haven't already, please drop by the Forum:Wiki general discussion boards and join in some of the current discussions. At issue are questions of admin maintenance responsibilities, a new way of handling bug submissions, and table formatting, among others. I lool forward to continuing to work with you, especially as the coming release of Fallout: New Vegas brings us more content to create and organize. Cheers.--Gothemasticator 04:10, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

New-ish project[edit source]

I was told by Nitty to wait for your input into my Quests project and was wondering what your thoughts on it were?--Vault4 09:40, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

Template question[edit source]

Is it possible to make the quotations template display as a link? I'm toying with the idea of moving NPC quotes to their own page. I would do away with the individual quotes sections and just have one juicy quote at the top of each NPC page using the template. It would help navigation if you could click on that quotation and be linked to the relevant quote article page. See Vault4's new Vault 87 Super Mutant Quotes page and the old Vault 87 super mutant pages for reference. (I still don't know if this is a good idea, but I'm interested in whether it's possible.)--Gothemasticator 11:02, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

Nevermind. I figured out that the subsection for labeling (attributing?) the quote is linkable.--Gothemasticator 04:25, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Supsies[edit source]

Sup hows it goin im enclave 13 but you can call me enclave, fwiend!!! talk to you soon!!!! User Enclave 13 Signature Outcast Emblem.png  Hunk  tok  20:37, March 21, 2010 (UTC)

Quotation template[edit source]

Please see Liberty Prime Sample and Jericho Sample to view new quotation templates in action, courtesy of Ph03n1x.

Whatever the consensus and decision regardiing NPC quotes end up being, I think Phoenix's version of the quotations template looks very good. I wouldn't mind seeing it replace our current one. What do you think?--Gothemasticator 06:25, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Private messaging on a wiki?[edit source]

Is it possible? I know that some users are categorized as having confirmed email addresses, so I suspect that the capability exists to send them a message via email without actually needing to display or know their email address. But, aside from the very few, like Ausir, who publicly display their email address, I can find no way to privately message. I'm loathe to ask for or provide email addresses in as public a place as this wiki. Looking for an alternative. Thanks.--Gothemasticator 19:55, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Backlog[edit source]

Yeah, while the cat's away the mice will play, and all that. We've been busy. Thanks for the messaging info. It's always nice to get confirmation when I can't find something. It's tough to know if I'm just not finding it or if it doesn't exist.--Gothemasticator 20:24, March 22, 2010 (UTC)

Dynamically resizing of images?[edit source]

Tables can dynamically resize across the width of a page. Can images? I understand that it's trickier, because you have to specify how exactly the image is changed as the page width changes. But, is it doable on a wiki page at all? If it is, is css capable of doing it, or does it require javascript or something else more advanced?--Gothemasticator 17:45, March 23, 2010 (UTC)

hey Porter21 we've got 8 pages by Zuzman that should be deleted. They're all fake pagesTezzla 19:19, March 24, 2010 (UTC)

You're busy[edit source]

I hope you're busy with happy things! Just wanted you to know how much we've all been learning from you. I'm pretty sure The Vault is in better shape to pick up the slack when you're not around than it was, say, six months ago. You're input on current discussions is always enlightening, and your backlog of contributions is a great resource of information. Cheers! :) --Gothemasticator 19:52, March 24, 2010 (UTC)

Hi[edit source]

hi porter, im sorry about the mess i left the FO: NW quests page in, now that iv seen how you deal with it i will remember in future :)


Cheers Nukey Snake.gif - Tommygunner32 - talk 19:30, March 25, 2010 (UTC)

Glen Cole?[edit source]

You have a source for that? I think it's vandalism. Nitty Tok. 21:01, March 26, 2010 (UTC)

A solution to your categorization problem[edit source]

Why not insert a message thingy into the image upload thing (i.e. you choose to upload an image, and under the options (size, thumbnail) there can be a category selection button. Nukey (Talk) (User blog:AreYouGoingToEatThatNuke?|Blog) 20:38, March 27, 2010 (UTC)

getting specials at 10[edit source]

i was wondering (since i have already collected all of the bobble heads, lucky 8 ball, and the ant sight) if i had all my specials lowered by a side affect of something and then got the almost perfect perk at the same time, would my specials go to 10 when my side affects were off?

price of dlcs[edit source]

the dlcs for fallout 3 have been reduced in price to 4.99 on xbox live. i changed all the information to reflect this and you changed it back to stating that it costs 9.99. can i ask why?

Winger Giroux 03:28, March 31, 2010 (UTC)

Charon's Shotgun[edit source]

I noticed that Nitty made it a redirect. I thought we discussed this a long time ago about leaving this as one of the only follower weapons to have it's own page. There are major differences between it and the Combat Shotgun. Unlike Jericho's, Butch's and all others follower weapons where it is just a damage rating difference, this functions different etc. Let me know what you think. Same with the SatCom Nuclear Strike. It has been redirected to Non player weapons and it is completely unique. It came with notes on different things. Ausir referred me to you. No big rush. --Kingclyde 18:34, April 2, 2010 (UTC)

Because a change in attack animation is really something that can't be explained with one sentence?
Similarly, I don't see how the SatCom weapon is anything more than a boosted missile launcher. Nitty Tok. 19:42, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
Well, before deleting the articles information and creating a redirect, maybe someone should add the info to the other articles first under variants. That would make more sense than just deleting it. --Kingclyde 23:26, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
It would probably be best to start a forum discussion to settle this once and for all. Personally, I think NPC-only and script weapons do not need own pages. Currently I'd prefer listing NPC-only variants of base weapons on the base weapon's page in table format (e.g. Charon's Shotgun would go on Combat Shotgun (Fallout 3), with the redirect pointing to the table entry) and putting script weapons like the SatCom "launcher" on a separate page ("Fallout 3 script weapons" or something). It's different from what I said before and how I used to do it myself, but currently it's my favourite solution. Just my opinion though. -- Porter21 (talk) 01:04, April 4, 2010 (UTC)

Problem[edit source]

I would like to report a problem on my user page. I could not find the "Report a problem on this page" when i was on my page so that is why i have to ask you instead. Anyway, i recently added a picture to the infobox and the whole page screwed up. This has happened twice before, and i could fix it myself, but now i can't because everytime i try to fix it now, it just gets worse. Can you please fix it. Tezzla Cannon 17:10, April 9, 2010 (UTC)

It's alright its been fixed now. Tezzla Cannon 19:16, April 9, 2010 (UTC)