User talk:Sentinel 101
- 1 Hi there!
- 2 Ashur's PA
- 3 T-45d
- 4 Ref tag
- 5 Broken Steel weapons
- 6 Mothership Zeta
- 7 SPECIAL
- 8 Race
- 9 Mary Holden / Charisma
- 10 MZ screenshot
- 11 Mass Effect?
- 12 Sysop
- 13 Mothership Zeta achievements
- 14 Groovatron
- 15 MZ release
- 16 Perk damage
- 17 Projects
- 18 New pages
- 19 Inventory template
- 20 GOG competition
- 21 Apperances
- 22 kk
- 23 'Hacker123'
- 24 Up for a new news post?
- 25 Help needed in adding Ref/Cell ID for Fallout 3 Locations Project
- 26 Age and references
- 27 GOG competition
- 28 Fallout 3 notes
- 29 GOG contest award
- 30 Fallout 3 Notes / GOG contest
- 31 GOG contest
- 32 I like your avatar picture
- 33 gamertag
- 34 Policies and guidelines
- 35 Welcome Back!
- 36 Petition for Oasis wide version
- 37 Maintenance
- 38 Would like to talk to you.
- 39 Debate for Advanced power armor Mk II
- 40 Theme Designer
- 41 Notable bugs policy
- 42 10mm pistol page merge
- 43 Bugs policy revised: new poll
- 44 How to read an NPC's GECK page
- 45 FO3 NPC overhaul project finished
Welcome to our Fallout wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself! If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- Questions? You can ask in the Forum or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The Help page has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
- Ausir 11:44, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! -- Sentinel 101 16:28, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Hey! As a fellow member this holds no real weight, but I want to thank you for all your edits so far! --Vault Snake 16:28, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks Vault Snake. It's nice to know my contributions are appreciated.--Sentinel 101 16:30, 5 January 2009 (UTC)
The screenie is not of Ashur himself, it's the Lone Wanderer in his PA. Ausir 15:50, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Oh! Sorry for that. I've removed the image.--Sentinel 101 15:55, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- Only to find out I've removed it from the wrong page ... my mistake. I've already undone it. Sorry! --Sentinel 101 15:56, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
I originally assumed that it can't be T-45d because it does not run on fusion cells, but then I came to the conclusion that it must be the T-45d after all, since the T-45d is mentioned in FO3, and Bethesda probably simply ignored the fusion cell issue due to technical reasons, just like e.g. the Ripper does not use energy cells anymore in FO3, while it did in FO1 and 2. Ausir 19:08, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
- That makes sense ... seems you're right. Allright. Thanks for the swift reply! --Sentinel 101 19:13, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
The tag I used was the one all the other links had, and when you use the one you did, you get "name="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/vault/diaries_diary9-04.28.09.html" " under the ref section. I think they both work, just one is completly inside a tag (and uses name=), the other uses sepaerate tags (and dosn't use name=) DragonJTS 18:34, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- The ref tag you added didn't work right; it added a red error message under "references". See here. I added a wrong one too, forgot to remove "name=" ... . -- Sentinel 101 18:42, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
- oh, how did I miss that. And i see why it didn't work, too. DragonJTS 18:44, 29 April 2009 (UTC)
Broken Steel weapons
- The Pyromaniac weapons look right to me. Regarding MDPS, I have no clue how they calculated that number either... -- Porter21 (talk) 20:09, 15 May 2009 (UTC)
I've added it. Changing the sidebar is restricted to sys-ops (as is editing of all pages in the MediaWiki namespace), hence you couldn't have changed it even if you knew how :) -- Porter21 (talk) 18:25, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
OK. --Sentinel 101 14:45, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Hey there. I talked to Ausir about the race thing. I suggested maybe adding another line to the info box to differentiate. For instance one line says human and the other says Caucasian. What do you think?--Kingclyde 17:19, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Mary Holden / Charisma
Where did you get the CH 90 for Mary Holden from? Just asking because her Charisma was 10 when I looked it up in the GECK; however, that could just be the editor capping the raw data. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:31, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- I get all SPECIAL stats from User: Mirar/Chars. Since I don't have access to the G.E.C.K. myself, I've got to look it up there. Just in case, but could you check the stats of Beatrice Armstrong and Ellen DeLoria with the G.E.C.K.? They showed similar Charisma stats. --Sentinel 101 17:36, 7 June 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Hope I did it right though. Not used to creating blogs. --Sentinel 101 14:54, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Is mass effect a good game? I only recently got into rpgs.--LoneMerc101 19:58, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- That all depends on what kind of games you like, what your playstyle is, ... . Personally, I quite liked Mass Effect (but liked Fallout 3 more). It's somewhat similar to Oblivion and Fallout 3; Main Quest plus lots of side quests, nearly complete freedom to go where you want (once you reach a certain point in the game), being able to play good / evil, lots of weapons and armor to choose from, ... . One of the big diffirences is that you're nearly always accompanied by your team; that's yourself plus two others (but, again, you can choose from a total of about five). If you want to learn more I'd recommend going to the Mass Effect Wiki, if you haven't aready. --Sentinel 101 14:16, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Would you maybe like to become a sysop? :) You're doing a good job here.
- I already suspected you were on vacation :) Guess that means I can put my new bureaucrat powers to use. Congratulations, you are now a sysop :) To get an overview of your new "abilities", see Help:User access levels#What can administrators do on a wiki?. -- Porter21 (talk) 08:41, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- COngratulations sentinel,you earned it!But sadly,i don't think i'd be allowed to make a COngratulations on becoming an admin template. You waste my time, motherfucker. 18:34, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
Mothership Zeta achievements
- He did not unlock them, if you are talking about the achievements listed on the Mothership Zeta page, the description and images were released from Bethesda. Also sign your post with 4 ~ Spence 07:28, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Also, Congrats on making Sysop Sentinel101! Spence 07:30, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hmmm... I'm not sure then. Spence 07:39, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
If you have the PC version you can unlock the achievements via console (it's been possible since the 1.7 patch). That's how people who already "have" the achievements got them. -- Porter21 (talk) 07:42, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Well that takes the fun out of the game! Who/ why would anyone want to do that? Spence 14:16, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
The Groovatron is real: Sentinel 101 if you go on you tube and look at orcidea's channel and you look for a video that says Fallout 3 Unlimited Caps & Ammo and you skip to the part 6:02 you'll see the groovatron is real http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162v07WgkQ0&feature=channel_page —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jamesbond2945 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Well, once it's out the "alin AtmoZier - the aLin atomzer is a wepon in mothershp zeta" articles are going to start coming in :P -- Porter21 (talk) 08:17, 3 August 2009 (UTC)
I suppose critical damage is increased as well. In the GECK, e.g. Xenotech works as "multiply value of calculated weapon damage by 1.2" which to me seems to include all damage. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:05, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- Good question, I'm afraid I don't really know. AoE damage does not directly originate from the weapon itself (but an "explosion" source) so I'm not sure whether or not it's affected. Maybe Servius or Macros would know better, they've been more involved with weapon/GECK stuff than me. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:23, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
Are you using the Rich-Text-Editor? I'm asking because for some reason the categories are missing when you create new pages (I'm assuming you use the createarticle pages, hope that's correct).
Another small thing: Please add any new location pages you create to the progress table at The Vault:Fallout 3 locations project#Progress/assignment tables so they don't get missed. It'd also be good if you could mark off the pages where you've already added the cell names/IDs there :) -- Porter21 (talk) 16:05, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- Exact would be better :) -- Porter21 (talk) 17:32, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
- User:Mirar/Chars has the inventory items with exact amounts - of course, that's only for base FO3. One day I'm gonna have to figure out how Mirar made those data dumps... -- Porter21 (talk) 17:40, 23 August 2009 (UTC)
So, will you be joining the GOG competition? It looks as if no one's interested for now (or maybe it's simply because of vacation time some users are somewhat less active for now). Ausir(talk) 15:27, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
I moved them above Behind the scenes as per the layout in the NPC overhaul project. Just wondering why it was moved back?--Kingclyde 22:48, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
All I was doin was putting comas :D--No drain tuna my ass 15:28, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
I've contacted wikia about it, I suggest you do the same, to make it more visible. Spoon 15:30, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
It's just getting a bit annoying, is all. And there's nothing we can really do to stop him. Spoon 15:45, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Eh, alright mate. Spoon 15:54, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Up for a new news post?
Basically, GOG are offering a 2 for 1 deal on Interplay games.
Care to make this a news post?
Spoon 19:12, September 2, 2009 (UTC)
Help needed in adding Ref/Cell ID for Fallout 3 Locations Project
Greeting to you! Could you help me adding ref id/cell ID for MDPL-05, MDPL-13, MDPL-16, MDPL-21 and MDPL Mass Relay System articles.
--Like-minded 10:58, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
Age and references
Instead of adding age to the intro section, please add it in the background section, in the form of the year of birth instead. So instead of saying "Lucy is an 11-year-old girl", put "Lucy was born in 2266." under "Background".
Also, instead of having several separate references to the guide, make them all link to the same reference. E.g. make the first one <ref name="FO3 Guide">[[Fallout 3 Official Game Guide]]</ref> and then use <ref name="FO3 Guide" /> for the latter ones. Ausir(talk) 17:30, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
- Don't redirect dates just to Timeline, but to e.g. Fallout timeline#2212. Ausir(talk) 17:58, September 3, 2009 (UTC)
You should make your box colapsable. Spoon 18:04, September 6, 2009 (UTC)
I'll have a bash at it for you. Spoon 15:38, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
There we go. Everybody's is done. Spoon 16:00, September 7, 2009 (UTC)
Fallout 3 notes
GOG contest award
You have won 2nd place in the Good Old Games character overhaul competition.
Fallout 3 Notes / GOG contest
I'm planning to put the notes in a table like at Fallout 3 holodisks, just without the "type" field.
I like your avatar picture
thanks but ill stick to vault boy whats ur gamertag btw Greengold2014 00:31, September 18, 2009 (UTC)
Policies and guidelines
Please check the policies and guidelines I've written up and see whether anything is unclear, otherwise needs changing or needs to be added. It would be nice to give some feedback on the project talk page even if you have nothing to criticize.
If possible, I'd like to put these into effect by the end of the week. The project has been dragging on for so long with little input that I'm simply tired of it. -- Porter21 (talk) 16:16, September 21, 2009 (UTC)
Yup.--Gothemasticator 19:22, October 23, 2010 (UTC)
Petition for Oasis wide version
Would like to talk to you.
hi, you recently deleted my page i was working on (Endgame Scenarios (New Vegas), you stated its "moved" to a section of another page but it was DELETED. the page you directed to does not cover the information my page did. and my page directed to that page for the information it covered as the two pages were covering different content. there are a few pages that direct to my page as well, now leading to a deadend. I was still working on it to expand its content. and dont have a backup. —Preceding unsigned comment was added by Trusselo (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Debate for Advanced power armor Mk II
Looks like one of the admins changed all the site's colors using the Theme Designer again. Do NOT do that. Looks like some people think that it only changes their theme and do not realize that it screws up the skin for the entire wiki. It's an administrative tool, not something for setting up a personal theme. Ausir(talk) 17:00, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
Please weigh in on a proposed change in our written bugs policy.--Gothemasticator 01:08, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Bugs policy revised: new poll
How to read an NPC's GECK page
First, I just want to say it's great to see another user uploading the NPC stats from the GECK into the game. I've been doing it for a while for the Fallout 3 NPC pages, and was hoping others would join in eventually. Thank you for working on it.
I'm just writing to clarify what some of the info in the NPC pages of the GECK means.
1) The stats tab shows 2 health stats: Base Health and Calculated Health. Base Health is actually the amount of health added to the NPC upon creation. Calculated Health is their actual health in the game (base health + health from endurance + health from leveling up). So, an NPC's "hit points" would be their Calculated Health, not their Base Health.
2) For NPCs that level with the player, the stats shown are for their minimum level (Calc Min). To show what their health and skills would be at higher levels, you actually have to change the Calc Min value to the level whose stats you want to see, then switch away from and then back to the stats tab so the auto-calc will re-adjust the displayed stats to the new level. I.E. Lanius has 845 health at Level 15 (his minimum level). To see his stats at Level 30, you need to change the Calc Min value from 15 to 30, then click on Traits and back to Stats again. The auto-calc will show that his skills have increased to 100, and his health has increased to 920. When you're done, you can just click cancel to close the NPC box without changing any data values.
You can confirm this in-game by clicking on an NPC in the console until their PRID appears, then typing getav health to show their health, getav meleeeapons to show their melee weapons skill, etc. For New Vegas you can also use the Perk that shows NPC's hit points and DT.
Anyway, just FYI. I hope I made sense, it's almost time for me to get some sleep and I know my instructions are kind of jittery.
Joylock 07:08, January 6, 2011 (UTC)
FO3 NPC overhaul project finished
You have been awarded the Vault Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout 3 NPC overhaul project.