Hi there![edit source]
Welcome to our Fallout wiki and thank you for your contributions! I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
A little help to get you started:
- Recent changes lets you see what other people are editing right this minute and where you can help. You can also check our community portal for things to do.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself. If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- If you have questions, you can ask in our forums, join the live chat in our IRC channel or post a message on my talk page.
- The help pages can help you learn how to edit and how use the wiki tools. The Vault's policies and guidelines can help you with putting those tools to good use and getting up to speed with our editing customs.
I'm glad to have you here and look forward to working with you!
I bent the rules[edit source]
Hey I bent the raiders rules 4 you don't tell anyone ok, your suppossed to have 100 edits but you only have 60 but it is ok just try to get your edits up :) don't worry about it right now. Welcome to the raiders by the way.
hay i was reading your page and you said you were writing a book, thats cool dude whats it called --MrDot01 01:58, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, I'm writing a book. It's called Fake Chronicles: Fakrilias. It is pretty bitchin. It's published and can now be purchased online. I also have a short story being published in Black Oak Presents, a fiction story magazine. Sombar1 02:06, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
"Shut up and enjoy the game" - if you do not have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion, then don't write anything at all. This is your first official warning. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 07:45, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- You have been blocked for your constant harassing of other people. Rethink your behaviour. http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/0/08/Personal_Sig_Image.gif Tagaziel (call!) 09:49, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
I also posted the following on the talk page of your project[edit source]
I object to this project. First of all, there has been no building of consensus regarding the question of whether this is something we want to do on this wiki at all. Furthermore:
- Articles which share names and clear similarities with real-world places often do already have a note to that effect in the "Behind the scenes" section. When well-written, it is a one or two sentence entry including a link to a map or wikipedia article about the real-world place.
- The maps in FO3 and New Vegas are heavily distorted. So, no attempt to tie game maps with real-world maps will meet with much success.
- I suspect this project would actually spawn arguments and clutter up pages with pics and text sections that are tangentially (at best) related to the subject at hand.
- I suggest that you take this idea to the forums first, before you begin any work.--Gothemasticator 03:11, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
I have put a "pending" note on the project page. I suggest you go ahead and start a forum topic about it in the "Wiki discussion" section of the forums. See what feedback you get.--Gothemasticator 15:42, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
I believe you were the one in the Fallout / Fallout 2 forums commenting on the lack of location images for the said games? It is true... seeing some location images for in-game places is something that needs work...
However, the latest images you have uploaded have a few attributes that should not be present, for example:
1) The player should not be in the screenshot
2) The red / arrow cursor should not be in the screenshot
3) The user interface (where your weapon and health are displayed) should not be in the screenshot
4) The image should have the default in-game brightness settings unless the image is overly dark; then it should be touched up in whatever image editing software you use.
5) So far, there has been a somewhat unified naming format for images in Fallout / Fallout 2, as in "File:Fo2 Shark Club.png" is very straightforward as to what / where the image is of / from. It helps when looking for certain images.
I am happy that you are enthusiastic about improving these articles, but I ask that you follow these guidelines for the images. Everything is easier and looks very professional when adhering to some standards. ;)
- Oh, thanks for letting me know ;)
- If you want to upload in-game images once you get a copy of Fallout 2, I will be happy to set you up for doing so. I could upload all map and location pictures myself, but I just don't have the time to do it very quickly or consistently. If you take a look at the article for Arroyo, and look at the maps under the "Layout" section, those are the kind of images we should be striving for. And, with a little time and guidance, you could be the one uploading them instead of me. This would work to both of our benefits because I could continue working on other articles while you fix the location articles up with images. ;)
It seems like someone is using your IP adress. I blocked user:10.7.11.42 with good reason (see for yourself, a lot of garbage on blogs and pages), but now you are blocked as well? Of course I didn't mean to block you, only 10.7.11.42. Can't you, so User:Sombar1 log in right now? Then I'll unblock the 10.7.11.42 and ask GhostAvatar of Ausir what to do. This is above my technicall skills. Jspoel 20:56, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Hey, I see you're editing. Or is that on another PC?
- I checked with Ausir and it seems to have been a bug of some kind. The ban on the IP-adress has been lifted.
Thank you for your vote :D Bobbyb373 20:38, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
PipGirl101's behaviour on your wiki[edit source]
Look mate I just got done working a 16 hour shift, helping load up trucks at the church with supplies for Joplin, so I am really tired and really don't have a lot of patience right now. Yes my roommate was a bit overzealous in the way she acted but you have to believe she is going through some tough times. She's only 16 and her dad kicked her out a year ago and also she just found out earlier today that her friend that she went to elementary school with died in the Joplin tornado last week. She's at that time of the month where she is bound to react to everything really over the top. She has been busy and that is why she has not been contributing much but she was devoted. You say you blocked her for attacking others but in a way you are attacking her by posting on your front page about how she's so immature and was useless to the site and everything. I am not asking for much but atleast try to talk things out with her about how her personal life is affecting how she reacted because she has been through hell and back in the past week. Her boyfriend and her friend from elemtary school are both dead and she has no family because they disowned her. She did in fact over react and took Rammallah's critiscism a bit too far but she is at a very sensitive spot right now. --ZERO 05:51, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
Request From ZERO N7[edit source]
Look mate, she would normally talk things out and her excuse for being swamped was crap. She would be writing this herself but she is currently off crying in the bedroom because of all that has happened today. She does want to come back and she is sorry for what she said. I have to go comfort her because I mean, come on, her boyfriend just died from getting a metal pole through his chest while trying to direct his younger siblings into the basement to safety, so she's really upset mate. So please let's just erase everything that has happened tonigght from our minds and move on.--ZERO 06:04, May 29, 2011 (UTC)
I would also like to see her adminship rights reinstated. She really wants to be a big help. Please give her back her spot. --ZERO 06:11, May 29, 2011 (UTC)