Fallout Bible[edit source]
The Fallout Bible is considered canon here as long as it doesn't contradict in-game sources. As for this line, I don't see a contradiction there. Various members of the pre-War conspiracy known as the Enclave retreated to various sites around the world, but it doesn't mean they were in any actual contact with the post-war organization of that name that was descended from said conspiracy. In-game evidence suggests they weren't, but it doesn't make the pre-war line false. Ausir(talk) 19:18, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
- Alright, I changed the article to say "Come 2077, with total nuclear war rapidly arriving at America's doorstep, the President of the United States and a number of other members of the conspiracy left their posts to take refuge on the Poseidon oil rig." and "Some members of the Enclave retreated to remote locations in other parts of the world, but when the bombs hit, they lost contact with the main group." Ausir(talk) 19:32, March 27, 2011 (UTC)
Fallout Tactics[edit source]
- Hello my friend ;)
- I saw your conversation with Ausir and since I'm played all Fallout games (even FOBOS) and I'm a great fan of Fallout, I always try to find a good explanation for inconsistencies (it's sad but Fallout Tactics is the Fallout game with the most inconsistencies in all Fallout, more than FOBOS).
- Thanks to have remove some well, bad, speculative inconsistencies of the Fallout Tactics page. Also, I have a good explanation for Vault 0 I try to find myself (sorry if it's not well writted, I'm French and not a specialist of English grammar) based on my knowledge of the Fallout universe and my proper reflection:
- Vault 0 was a part of the Vault experiment. In fact, its real purpose was not to monitors other vaults (just a secondary function), but for create a civilization that the Enclave can control it easily later. What it's the goal of the Enclave? The goal of the Enclave is to eradicate all inhabitants of the post-War USA, all mutants as they call them, for re-built america only with Enclave member, "pure-human" as they said.
- So Vault 0 was equipped with the Calculator, which was supposed to function in collaboration with some brains of Vault 0 dwellers, pre-War geniuses to design and nurture an ideal human society in a post-War U.S. by educating the survivors and residents, and a powerful army of robot, almost insensible to normal attack. But it is a hidden face, trying to create an unique society without raiders, factions etc. where everyone would be united and obey the calculator, the Enclave could more easily put its plan (FEV Curling-13) into execution without the people be aware, protected in their "false" cocoons. The Enclave so could easily kill everyone without anyone knowing, unleash the FEV on USA and using the robot army at the same moment (changing them completely, being no more passive and guardian of the new false civilization but now a slayer army) to kill everyone.
- All that was perfect, sometime before 2241 was perfect for this project. But one problem completely destroyed their hope, the Calculator became corrupted and instead of releasing the robots to make the Wasteland safe for humanity, the Vault 0 robots began to exterminate all life, completing the so called "pacification protocol". As for the unfortunate geniuses plugged in, most of them suffered severe brain damage, dementia, and mental retardation from a combination of age and prolonged radiation exposure (not mutation).
- Also, a probable proof that the Enclave was interested in Vault 0 it's that they have a hidden outpost in Chicago (said in FNV), may be for controlled Vault 0 at distance and having a close area to saw and execute their plan, and for act quickly after the death of almost all USA post-War inhabitants.
- Tell me what you think =) (and sorry for broken English). Itachou [~talk~] 22:27, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Well, for me the Fallout canon is to be taken lightly, there is a period where a game was canon and the other not (Fallout Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel are good exemples).
Fallout canon for me includes only the released video games and the Fallout publications ("Fallout Bible", all "Official game guide", "All roads" and "One Man, and a Crate of Puppets"), and some information of factions and places of Van Buren which doesn't contradict the elements already in place, that's all, the rest don't really exist in the Fallout universe. So don't take too much account of what people say about it.
No in fact Capital Wasteland BOS have old pre-War T-45d power armors, not a new post-War power armor like Midwestern BOS. FOBOS have experimental deathclaws so yes, hairy deathclaws could be another pre-War experiments.
For the FOT Fuel, the Master in Fallout have steam-powered trucks (not seen in-game by said) so another similar fuel can be possible.
It's impossible. Vault experiments is a part of the Enclave, and if the Enclave have no interest of Vault 0, Vault 0 is not part of the vault experiments and so the inconsistency is more bigger. No I don't talk about Vault 0 dwellers but about the goal of Vault 0, to create a false civilization (the primary goal of Vault 0 before the Calculator became corrupted) that after the Enclave could more easily put its plan (FEV Curling-13) into execution without the people be aware. You don't have read me I think ;).
- All vaults was controlled by the Enclave since it's the Enclave that send the signal for open control vaults. Vault-Tec have created their unique Secret Vault for them, so I think the Enclave took control of all vaults after the Great War.
- Since it's the only power armor that never appeared in any Fallout pre-War adds, it can't be a pre-War model. Its design also more look like a post-War power armor like those of the Enclave (APA, APA MkII, Hellfire). Itachou [~talk~] 23:30, August 13, 2011 (UTC)
Yes =). In fact it's like a thorn in the foot. Also, Fallout Tactics was during 2197 and the Enclave and Navarro was destroyed in 2242, so it's impossible since in 2197 they have already their unique power armor.
The best explanation that they find the Chicago Enclave Outpost (deserted for some reasons) with some schema of prototype of Enclave power armor (their airship crashed around Chicago) that after created them.