User talk:VaultAusir

From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Archive.png
Archives: none

Contents

History[edit source]

Who founded The Vault? --Alex6122 © 14:04, October 28, 2011 (UTC)

  • I have answered this. Jspoel Speech Jspoel.png 14:16, October 28, 2011 (UTC)

Harold (Fallout Tactics)[edit source]

Hello, Ausir. I've read the discussion about Harold (Fallout Tactics). You voted for not merging articles. Recently I've found this interview, where Ed Orman states: "There is the occasional cameo (hell, you just can't leave out old Harold), but we've tried to create our own continuity as much as possible." Does this statement change anything for you? Since Vault Dweller article has its non-canon FOBOS section maybe we should make the same with Harold? veryblackraven 15:14, November 3, 2011 (UTC)

Good. I'll merge them soon. veryblackraven 17:15, 20 November 2011 (UTC)

Hewwo[edit source]

Hello Ausir! I would like to have my blogs in the news. I have been doing polls, and writing short fallout-based stories but haven't been getting any feedback. I hope you'll agree with my request. The Enclave shall prevail! 20:10, November 4, 2011 (UTC)

Ausir I hope that we can work together my wiki is http Fallout Blog Wiki

Fallout is a good game and if someone has I hope they can look up to us http://falloutblog.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Blog_Wiki Diamondnitz 22:37, November 6, 2011 (UTC)

Ausir I hope that we can work together my wiki is http Fallout Blog Wiki

Fallout is a good game and if someone has I hope they can look up to us http://falloutblog.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Blog_Wiki Diamondnitz 22:38, November 6, 2011 (UTC)

RE:Lets work together[edit source]

Ausir I hope that we can work together my wiki is http Fallout Blog Wiki

Fallout is a good game and if someone has a problem I hope they can look up to us http://falloutblog.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Blog_Wiki

P.S.The title did not work the 2 times before Diamondnitz 22:43, November 6, 2011 (UTC)

RSS[edit source]

The template needs to be modified so it converts the HTML links to wiki syntax. The reason why the page looks like gibberish is because <a></a> is on the list of HTML tags the MW parser doesn't allow, hence it doesn't render the page at all. -- Porter21 (talk) 23:59, 18 November 2011 (UTC)

The curse site is directing links to http://www.falloutwiki.com/wiki/article name - when it needs to be http://www.falloutwiki.com/article name without the wiki part. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 00:10, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
Pretty sure the issue with the descriptions is caused by the formatting of the RSS feed itself. All tag attributes are enclosed with single quotes (') when it should be quotation marks ("). E.g. currently it's <a href=''> but it should be <a href="">. This is causing the extension not to strip out the links (etc) properly. -- Porter21 (talk) 14:12, 19 November 2011 (UTC)

Announcement[edit source]

I know it's already been posted now, but I'd emphasize the advantages of the new location a bit more (more space for content with 807 compared to 660px width, more freedom to decide how the wiki is run etc). Otherwise it looks good to me. -- Porter21 (talk) 20:57, 19 November 2011 (UTC)

Edit counts[edit source]

I'm not sure if you (or Curse for that matter) is working on this, but will there be an edit count that appears on your user page in the future? It's a good way to gauge a users' experience so can be be pretty handy. I understand that you can find you edit count by going to "My preferences", but going to ones user page if far less complicated. I understand it may not be the highest priority at the moment, but if you could get back to me and tell me about it that'd be great. --Kastera (talk) 01:17, 21 November 2011 (UTC)

Pages for Announcements and News[edit source]

Will we have some form or method to announce News and other important information? ---bleep196- 13:57, 21 November 2011 (UTC)

SimpleSearch[edit source]

I noticed you've crossed out the SimpleSearch setting in the bug reports thread; it doesn't appear to be working yet though (if it did, the search box should look like on Wowpedia). Does it take a while until the altered setting takes effect or is setting the variable still in progress? -- Porter21 (talk) 02:57, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

Bumping because I'm not sure whether you noticed my last message. -- Porter21 (talk) 19:08, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

This wiki and the old one[edit source]

Do I need to make a decision as to which one I work on? Or can I do both. And they are still using The Vault name in their new image. Thanks.--Kingclyde 05:56, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

Judging by how those wikia people are treating our Vault people and how they are using this as an excuse for the Wikia staff to stir up trouble and to bad mouth you. I was wondering how I would go about porting the Wolfenstein Wiki over to Curse. Thanks for any info.--Kingclyde 02:59, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
GrandTheftWiki did the same thing last year. It ended with Wikia bureaucrats permanently blocking all of their administrators with no provocation and running the site themselves. I would be amazed if, with a wiki as large as The Vault, they didn't try the same thing. FinalWish 12:44, 24 November 2011 (UTC)

Extensions[edit source]

Not sure whether you noticed Forum:Move - additional extensions, but if you could CheckUser and RenameUser installed that'd be great. I think CheckUser is an essential admin tool and RenameUser would allow us to offer an alternative way of getting accounts transferred for people who are having trouble with the migration tool.

Originally I thought we could do manual migrations with "User Merge and Delete" (which has been installed in the meantime) only; I've come to realize that without "RenameUser" people would end up losing their old account name though. The method I was thinking of is:

  • User creates new account here.
  • On the Wikia fork, the user sends a message from his/her old account to one of the bureaucrats (e.g. me) confirming the name of his/her new account here. If we tell them to send it to one specific person we can all simply watch the same page.
  • We do a user merge here, merging his/her old Wikia account (A) with the new account (B) here. A ends up being deleted.
  • We rename B to the old Wikia name.

Without RenameUser, we end up with the user losing the old account name; doing the merge the other way round (B to A) would result in B being merged into A which the user still couldn't log in to. What do you think? -- Porter21 (talk) 13:25, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

Great. Could you also draw their attention to Forum:Move - bug reports#Possible fix for (almost) all current issues while you're at it? -- Porter21 (talk) 19:08, 22 November 2011 (UTC)

Unique Weapons[edit source]

Ok, i'll fix all that. ---bleep196- 16:18, 23 November 2011 (UTC)

It seems i've run into a problem...i can't seem to renamed the category pages. ---bleep196- 16:22, 23 November 2011 (UTC)

community.falloutwiki.com[edit source]

I try logging into the domain with the same username and password as here, but it doesn't log me on. Do I have to make a new account on the community page? --Kastera (talk) 18:29, 23 November 2011 (UTC)

Alright, Scarface told me a needed a new account. I made this account, but I still can't post any news, seeing as I'm not flagged as an administrator (I think that's what's happening). I'm liking the section just for polls! Now I won't get any hecklers saying "Pols arnt news lol". --Kastera (talk) 19:06, 23 November 2011 (UTC)

Name Change[edit source]

Hello,

Now that we are on a different site, is there anyway my user name could be changed to "Cheese of Borg"?

I will understand if it is imposible.

Eagerly awaiting you reply,

(The hopefully soon-to-be-known-as Cheeseofborg) Vault 815 07:19, 28 November 2011 (UTC)


BC's on the old site[edit source]

Being that a majority of the admins and bc's are here full time, are you going to make any admins bc on the Fallout Wikia?--Kingclyde 01:14, 29 November 2011 (UTC)

The reason why I was curious is because I will spend most of my time there. I don't want to abandon the community there. I will still make edits here but I'm pretty sure that only bc's can appoint a bc.--Kingclyde 01:27, 30 November 2011 (UTC)

Bugs[edit source]

Thanks. Did you pass the bug with EasyTimeline along as well? I think I added it to the list after your message. By the way, could you remind them to create the "VA" namespace alias? Navigating through/linking to policies is rather cumbersome without it. -- Porter21 (talk) 13:23, 30 November 2011 (UTC)

Could you take a look at my question here? Would be much appreciated. -- Porter21 (talk) 10:14, 2 December 2011 (UTC)

Achievements[edit source]

Ausir, are there achievements on this new wiki?

New Pages[edit source]

How do you create new pages on this new wiki?--Ant2242 02:07, 3 December 2011 (UTC) I figured it out. Thank you for your time.--Ant2242 22:49, 3 December 2011 (UTC)

Private forum[edit source]

Not sure whether you're still checking the private forum, so I figured I'd notify you - I'd appreciate a reply to my latest thread there if you can find the time. -- Porter21 (talk) 21:21, 3 December 2011 (UTC)

Infobox ammo[edit source]

I'm currently updating {{Infobox ammunition}} and I was wondering whether ammo type is still needed/useful. The entries seem pretty random to me, but as you know I haven't played the classics. I'd remove them - unless you think they should be kept? -- Porter21 (talk) 17:52, 5 December 2011 (UTC)

I've removed them now. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:30, 6 December 2011 (UTC)

Weekly Wednesday Poll[edit source]

I would like to start the polls up again tomorrow on the community site, but I need to know how before I can do it. Would you mind explaining it to me? --Kastera (talk) 14:00, 6 December 2011 (UTC)

Abuse filter[edit source]

Why has it been limited to Curse staff only? User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 18:00, 6 December 2011 (UTC)

Many thanks, I was about to say, it isnt just about adding filter, but also reviewing the logs and tweaking the filters to prevent false positives and also correct cases that where missed. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 20:25, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
Seems the logs are still restricted to Curse staff. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 20:48, 7 December 2011 (UTC)

┌──────┘
Are we going to get the logs switched back on for admin. I really need to review 2 newly added filters to make sure they are working as intended. — User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 13:42, 12 December 2011 (UTC)

......... still not showing. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 22:22, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
Nope, it is still saying for the logs (logs only and not the filters or the rest abuse filter extension) are restricted to Curse staff only. Looking at Special:ListGroupRights, Curse staff have (abusefilter-log), where as admins current don't. I think they may have gotten it confused with (abusefilter-log-detail) and assumed that it also covered viewing the logs. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 21:41, 23 December 2011 (UTC)
Yep it is working now. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 01:04, 3 January 2012 (UTC)

Oddities[edit source]

Has Curse changed something on the technical side on things? I'm asking because I've noticed several oddities newly appearing today (all of it worked fine before):

  • Relative links in the "forum" namespace have stopped working (see the link to /resolved in Forum:Move - bug reports).
  • The CreateBox extension now inserts the specified prefix twice (just try creating a new forum page via Forum:Wiki discussion and you'll see what I mean; the name of the new page will be "Forum:Forum:Example" rather than "Forum:Example").
  • The QuickLinks extension now displays forum threads as ":Example" rather than "Forum:Example".

-- Porter21 (talk) 11:51, 8 December 2011 (UTC)

The first issue at least seems to be caused by the "Forum" namespace no longer being marked as a namespace which can have sub-pages. Just noticed this when looking at Forum:Move - bug reports/resolved; the BASEPAGENAME is "Move - bug reports/resolved", but it would be "Move - bug reports" if sub-pages were enabled for that namespace.
Regarding QuickLinks, to be honest I still think we should simply use LinkSuggest instead - it's a lot better in my opinion. -- Porter21 (talk) 15:08, 16 December 2011 (UTC)

Current forum discussions[edit source]

If you have a moment of spare time, I'd appreciate your input on these forum discussions:

Thanks in advance. -- Porter21 (talk) 19:13, 11 December 2011 (UTC)

Meta[edit source]

While you are around, we could do with setting up the meta tags for improved SEO. Currently we have no Meta description for the site. Preferable something that generates the description off the first paragraph like Wikia does. I don't know if you have any ideas on this. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 22:32, 23 December 2011 (UTC)

I do believe Wikia uses mw:Extension:OpenGraphMeta as an extension. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 22:34, 23 December 2011 (UTC)

Adminship[edit source]

Hi Ausir :). I asked GA, but you seem more active. Could you please finalise my adminship request in whichever way you see fit. Thanks My profile pageCome and say hello 17:26, 29 December 2011 (UTC)

WWP[edit source]

Given that it's been about a month and you haven't responded to my above message, it's safe to say you probably didn't see it. I was wondering how to make polls on the new community site, because The Fallout Wiki recently started a new line of polls and I'd appreciate it it if we could do the same. --Kastera (talk) 01:46, 3 January 2012 (UTC)

Thank you, much appreciated. Now I'll have to remember all of my possible ideas I had before the move. I had to erase all of them when my computer got a virus. Oh well, I have two days before Wednesday; I can think of some before then. --Kastera (talk) 03:32, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
I've encountered a problem: I've written up the article and poll, but when I go to preview mode, the poll is nowhere to be seen, only texts shows up. --Kastera (talk) 18:39, 4 January 2012 (UTC)

Well, it worked; it just ended up in the news section and not the poll block as I thought it would. But, it worked. --Kastera (talk) 01:06, 5 January 2012 (UTC)

Abuse filter[edit source]

Hi, can we get $wgAbuseFilterBlockDuration changed from indefinite to 3 days. I have put in a filter after reviewing these logs Special:AbuseLog?title=Special:AbuseLog&wpSearchUser=&wpSearchFilter=5&wpSearchTitle= to auto block a persistent vandal using multiple IPs and spamming external links to 2 specific pages. I think 3 days would be more appropriate an action than the current default. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 22:15, 4 January 2012 (UTC)

Dont know if you caught this one. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 14:23, 13 January 2012 (UTC)

Swedish version[edit source]

Really? I'm certain I've been on it over here... κηδεμόνας μιλώ 14:09, 7 January 2012 (UTC)

Migration Tool[edit source]

Hi, I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the reason for all the migration problems might be the instructions. I just got it to work after a bunch of failed tries. The last and finally successful effort happened when I didn't do as stated in the instructions. It says to just add a space anywhere to one's user page. This seems to be incorrect as on the successful attempt I had made an actual content edit to my user page while adding the migration code to the summary box. When I checked my user page history none of the single space edits or migration codes were present save the last one that was successful. It seems one must make more than a single space edit for wikia to save the edit.

I was about ready to give up trying to change over to the new site. It makes me wonder how many people in the same predicament may have simply gave up over a single character. If someone has already caught on to this, sorry to bother you, I didn't get the memo. If this is news to you, perhaps a page correction and a news digest are in order. Anyway, YAY!! me, I here. Xclockwatcher 10:35, 9 January 2012 (UTC)

FOOL[edit source]

I guess this means we will have to move the portal etc. and rename all aspects e.g. abb template etc. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 23:00, 9 January 2012 (UTC)

Hey[edit source]

I'm sorry to hear you got banned on Wikia, you turned The Fallout Wiki(formerly known as the vault) into the best wiki I seen so far.--Roflguy227 18:34, 15 January 2012 (UTC)

I'm sorry to hear about the problems between you and your former employers as well. In my opinion they went too far and there actions are unfair. --Ramallah 07:51, 16 January 2012 (UTC)

Bug reports[edit source]

Any chance we could get the remaining bug reports looked at? Most of them have been sitting there for quite a while.

By the way, what are the chances one of the Curse tech guys could either get me a partial SQL dump or run some SQL queries and pass me the results? Would help tremendously with debugging the various issues with special pages. -- Porter21 (talk) 14:16, 16 January 2012 (UTC)

Thanks. I'd only need the SQL stuff if running the various maintenance scripts doesn't finally fix the problems with the special pages, but it's the only way to really debug what's going on. I figure we've been taking stabs in the dark long enough and it'd save both the Curse tech stuff and us some time. -- Porter21 (talk) 23:58, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
So... what's the holdup? -- Porter21 (talk) 10:11, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Well, that's at least something. I have to say the lack of support from Curse has been bothering me quite a bit lately - especially because I know that other than running the maintenance scripts, the majority of requested changes in the bug reports thread can be made in a total of 30 minutes. I can't help the impression that now that we're here, there's little interest in helping us make the site a success. No MW 1.18 (which we would need to reintegrate community site stuff into the wiki), no work being put into helping us develop a replacement for chat that I can see.
Hope you don't think that's targeted at you specifically; I realize you may have other things to do, but there are still other people working at Curse, right? -- Porter21 (talk) 09:20, 29 January 2012 (UTC)

Chat[edit source]

While I'm fairly positive we'll be able to find replacements for blogs and forums within the existing MW extensions pool once we have MW 1.18, chat is proving to be a bit of a problem (and a rather significant one as it's costing us quite a number of users). Although there's a considerable number of chat extensions for MW, there's one central thing they all lack: account integration. There is, however, actually a version of Wikia's chat extension for use on standard MW wikis (details here). It's not finished as far as I understand but the WMF guy who wrote that page claims it could be adapted "fairly quickly". What are the chances of getting someone to work on it? I'd even volunteer to help out within my abilities. -- Porter21 (talk) 16:27, 29 January 2012 (UTC)

Slave outfit[edit source]

I didn't separate them myself, I was merely fixing the broken redirects caused by the deletion of the page. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 21:48, 18 February 2012 (UTC)

Sorry for the trouble I've caused; I guess I've been too hasty. After I did the merc outfits a bit ago, I figured things like the raider armor had different stats as well, and the rest is history. Should I revert my slave outfit edits or are you already on it? --Kastera (talk) 21:59, 18 February 2012 (UTC)

Deathclaw - removal of sub-variants[edit source]

I was wondering why they where removed, yet baby, young, and blind deathclaws where not. Personally I would include them all in the overview page for consistency and completeness. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 00:07, 19 February 2012 (UTC)

That makes much more sense to me now that it is structured in that manner. However, I would probably add links to the different variants in the section for that sub-variant. Similar to how unique/modified weapons are handled in the assault rifle overview page e.g. For the modified AK-112 assault rifle found in Fallout 2, see: assault rifle (exp. mag.). User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 02:10, 19 February 2012 (UTC)

Info about the move to AWA[edit source]

Hi. I just listed The Vault in the "Anti wikia alliance" (search in google, you'll probably find it quickly). Feel free to check if that's OK. Also, I'd appreciate if you could to add information about your ban on Wikia on the Retaliation page, since I just saw you are globally blocked on Wikia but I haven't seen anything that would be considered "unacceptable behavior", and just leaving a site shouldn't be considered as such. Kind regards and good luck! --Ciencia Al Poder 20:10, 25 February 2012 (UTC)

RE: Wasteland Wiki and Norwegian Vault[edit source]

I actually logged on here to see if you could possibly give me admin status on the Wasteland wiki! I would definitely not mind moving the Norwegian Vault over to here, I'd love to do more work on it, but I really don't like the way Wikia's software works, I prefer the on you have here on the Curse wiki. I definitely wouldn't mind editing more here, but it really does seem like you and Porter keeps this wiki up to date on most everything. If you were able to move the Wasteland and the Norwegian wiki over here, I'd absolutely love it. -=KAG=- SPEAK 17:25, 28 February 2012 (UTC)

Oh, and I'm having problems connecting this account to my Curse account, says I've got the wrong password, but I know it's the right one. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to create another account to access the Community part of the wiki? -=KAG=- SPEAK 20:59, 28 February 2012 (UTC)

All right, no rush anyway. Do you know anything about when the Wasteland wiki might be moved over to Curse, by the way? -=KAG=- SPEAK 22:16, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
Sounds good. In the meantime, can you give me admin rights on the Wasteland wikia? Can do some cleanup before the wiki is moved. -=KAG=- SPEAK 00:45, 29 February 2012 (UTC)
Harsh. Guess they weren't happy with you making the switch. All right, I'll just wait then. Cheers! -=KAG=- SPEAK 00:58, 29 February 2012 (UTC)

Russian Vault[edit source]

At the moment I can not contact one of our user. I will write when we accepted the decision. --Alex6122 © 15:45, 29 February 2012 (UTC)

In the case of relocation will be two Russian Fallout wiki? On the Wikia and Curse? --Alex6122 © 12:43, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
  • We decided to stay on Wikia. I hope you do not take offense. --Alex6122 © 14:00, 2 March 2012 (UTC)
Rename «Убежище» in «Nukapedia»? Is this necessary? If so, why? --Alex6122 © 14:20, 2 March 2012 (UTC)

Fallout Wiki Polska[edit source]

Witam. Jestem sysopem na polskiej Wikii o Falloucie - Krypcie. Z racji tego że poza mną nie ma tam aktywnych użytkowników, prosiłbym o przyznanie mi tytułu biurokraty. Bardzo ułatwiłoby mi to pracę. Pozdrawiam. --Nidu22 18:43, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

Bubble-Top New Model, Old Model, Engine, Speculation[edit source]

My take on the subject is that since the Atomic V8 is a referance to the engine, I would classify it as a Mussle car otherwise why would you make it a main marketing feature. EX. 1970 BOSS Ford Mustang - 1970 Ford Mustang. Also since the Bubble-Top dosen't make an apperance in any game yet there cant be any Classification. But since its engine isn't referanced in game it most likley dosen't have the Atomic V8.

Whats your take on the subject?--Ant2242 19:15, 4 March 2012 (UTC)

Wasteland wiki[edit source]

Hey, you mentioned that the Wasteland wiki would be transferred by the end of last week, but I can't really find it anywhere. Has it been transferred, and if so, could you give me the link? Cheers -=KAG=- SPEAK 07:03, 6 March 2012 (UTC)

Ah, all right. I'll just wait, so you don't have to manually combine the account. Less work for you, and I can be patient. -=KAG=- SPEAK 11:37, 6 March 2012 (UTC)

Community Manager at Curse gaming[edit source]

Hey there Ausir. My name is Tierrie and you may remember me as the editor over from Dragon Age wiki. I'm thinking of starting a new wiki for an upcoming game and would like to get in touch with the community manager. Could you put me in touch with the person? Cheers! --Tierrie 21:29, 6 March 2012 (UTC)

Congratulations on the new role! I sent you an email outlining my desire to start an X-Com wiki. Looking forward to your response. Cheers! --Tierrie 21:44, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

MediaWiki 1.18 upgrade[edit source]

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I likely won't be around in the next few hours, but I'll be on later in the evening. One issue I can already foresee is that we'll need to have mw:Extension:Math installed; that extension doesn't come bundled with the default install package but without it, all the <math></math> stuff will stop working because the functionality is no longer part of core MediaWiki as of 1.18. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:35, 8 March 2012 (UTC)

Well, just remind them to re-add the global-wrapper div after the upgrade, otherwise the skin will break and I won't be able to fix it properly until they do. -- Porter21 (talk) 17:41, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
Seems there are no problems with the skin - only made some adjustments because the collapsible nav is now disabled properly.
However, it seems mw:Extension:ImageSizeInfoFunctions got lost during the update. Consequently we're getting error messages on all pages with infoboxes. -- Porter21 (talk) 18:40, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
There are also problems with <math></math> (you may now call me Nostradamus):
1+2
-- Porter21 (talk)
On the plus side, the issue with CreateBox inserting namespaces twice (the "Forum:Forum:" bug) seems to be fixed. -- Porter21 (talk) 18:46, 8 March 2012 (UTC)

ImageSizeInfoFunctions is the only extension I know/can find which provides this functionality. Let me think about it for a few minutes. -- Porter21 (talk) 18:49, 8 March 2012 (UTC)

Well, I'm going to partially revert to an older version of {{Infobox}} which doesn't use the extension. This has the downside of images getting stretched/enlarged on the pages for the older games, but that can't be helped without the extension.
The extension code looks simple enough; hopefully I'll be able to patch it up so it works with 1.18, but I don't have the time right now because I have to head out in 15 minutes. -- Porter21 (talk) 19:01, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
mw:Extension:WikiEditor doesn't seem to be installed/active although it should be part of the default 1.18 package. -- Porter21 (talk) 19:13, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
mw:Extension:TitleBlacklist has vanished as well, which is why we're now getting increased spambot activity again. -- Porter21 (talk) 22:50, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
Well, TitleBlacklist is still enabled on Wikipedia, so apparently it's possible to get it to work with 1.18+. The only thing I can find which suggests potential problems is this, but that was apparently caused by people not downloading the correct version of the extension.
I've managed to get ImageSizeInfoFunctions working with 1.18, by the way - I'll post the altered files in my userspace shortly. -- Porter21 (talk) 23:32, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
Here's the new version of ImageSizeInfoFunctions: User:Porter21/ImageSizeInfoFunctions. Works fine on my local 1.18.1 install. -- Porter21 (talk) 23:58, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
Managed to reproduce the problem with TitleBlacklist - seems it only affects the "1.18.x" version. The "1.17.x" version works fine with MW 1.18.1. -- Porter21 (talk) 00:02, 9 March 2012 (UTC)

Wasteland wiki software[edit source]

Hi, we're trying to lay down some plans on what to do on the Wasteland wiki, but I'd like to know if it uses the same software The Vault is? Is it possible to get some sort of news system up? I see it doesn't have the blog system that Wikia uses, so I'm not sure how to go about this. -=KAG=- SPEAK 20:24, 8 March 2012 (UTC)

Sorry to bother you again, just wondering if you could give my bot on the Wasteland wiki and here the bot flag? The current bureaucrats on the Wasteland wiki don't seem very active, so I figured I'd get a hold of you. It's User:KAGBot on both wikis. Thanks! -=KAG=- SPEAK 12:21, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
Thanks! Appreciate you taking the time ^^, -=KAG=- SPEAK 14:03, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
Ausir, did you catch my message over there? And also, I've been wondering, why 'Ausir'? Φύλαξ [~μίλησε μου~] 18:39, 11 March 2012 (UTC)

FNV creatures project[edit source]

If you're not too busy, would you be able to officially close the FNV creatures project. It's been finished for months. --Kastera (talk) 17:01, 13 March 2012 (UTC)

I'll also close the project at Nukapedia as well and hand out the medals there. You could hand out medals to the people active here if you'd like. --Kastera (talk) 17:15, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
Will do. Hope you feel better soon. --Kastera (talk) 17:24, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
Project award - Fallout New Vegas creatures.png
Vault Project Medal
You have been awarded the Vault Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout: New Vegas creatures project.
Thanks for leading the project so well! --Kastera (talk) 21:37, 13 March 2012 (UTC)
Would you mind presenting me with a medal? Awarding myself with one seems awkward...

FO3 creatures project finished[edit source]

Project award - Fallout 3 creatures.png
Vault Project Medal
You have been awarded the Vault Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout 3 creatures project.
Thanks for your project leadership! --Kastera (talk) 20:25, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Could you take 30 seconds to give me one? --Kastera (talk) 04:37, 16 March 2012 (UTC)

Wasteland 2 Wiki migration[edit source]

I am having trouble with the migration tool for the wasteland wiki. It says my username is not reserved. --Mikill 03:34, 24 March 2012 (UTC)

Extension:QuickLink[edit source]

Extension:QuickLink isn't compatible with WikiEditor - it prevents the latter from working properly (clicking any of the insert buttons throws a QuickLink-related JavaScript error and otherwise does nothing). We'll need to have QuickLink uninstalled ASAP (both here and on the Wasteland Wiki). -- Porter21 (talk) 10:38, 28 March 2012 (UTC)

Since I'm not sure whether you're still checking Forum:Move - bug reports, I figured I'd also leave a message here: Confirmation emails are not being sent currently. -- Porter21 (talk) 12:22, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
Yep, everything's working fine now :) -- Porter21 (talk) 06:30, 29 March 2012 (UTC)

Creating a wiki with Curse[edit source]

Hello Ausir. I am a sysop (and bureaucrat) at 5 wikis at Wikia, each wiki has a range of 1700 - 100,000 pages. I am here to ask you how you creating this successful wiki with Curse. Thank you.  :) --PlasmaTime 00:22, 13 April 2012 (UTC)

Hey! Thanks for the quick reply. Does it have to be a game? Or can it be a show? If a game, is Call of Duty okay? Would wiki hosts like Wikia sue or be mad at me, since they host a wiki with the topic of Call of Duty. If I can do a show, I would like it to be the successful series of Ben 10. Thanks! --PlasmaTime 23:29, 13 April 2012 (UTC)

Username change[edit source]

Hello. Would you be able to change my username to niko of death (niko_of_death if needed)

Wikilogs[edit source]

Good news indeed (on both fronts ;)). Regarding Wikilogs, everything seems to be working fine as far as I can tell. Deleting/moving blogs is a bit iffy, but that's not due to technical problems (more an inherent problem of the extension). Only thing I've been pondering is whether it would be good two have 2 Wikilog-enabled namespaces, one for news ("News"/"News talk") and one for "real" blogs ("Blog"/"Blog talk"). What do you think? -- Porter21 (talk) 17:03, 19 April 2012 (UTC)

Wiki using Curse[edit source]

Hi! Could you take a look at this? Thanks!  :) --PlasmaTime 19:16, 19 April 2012 (UTC)

Hey there[edit source]

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I was curious as to whether the sharing of information with proper credit was still good? I've been trying to do my best over there but it gets hectic. How are things going for you over here at Curse?--Kingclyde 00:45, 10 May 2012 (UTC)

CSS[edit source]

Why are we removing the background image for the site? User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 21:53, 10 May 2012 (UTC)

Is that better? User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 22:17, 10 May 2012 (UTC)

Re:Wiki using Curse[edit source]

Hi Ausir. I decided on a topic, that is a game. It is Fusion Fall, it's an online game. May I introduce a wiki with Curse with it? --PlasmaTime 22:46, 10 May 2012 (UTC)

E-Mail[edit source]

Hi Ausir, I've sent you an e-mail at the address on your userpage. Will you take a look as soon as you can please? Thanks -- GOTW User | Talk 19:36, 14 May 2012 (UTC)

Not to be pushy, but it's 11 O'Clock here, and I thought you were getting back to me today? Are you still going to, or are you going to do it on the weekend? -- GOTW User | Talk 22:12, 18 May 2012 (UTC)

Registering[edit source]

Talk:Fallout Wiki#Registering Might want to get this sorted, I tested it in IE and it kept giving me the warning from MediaWiki:Captcha-createaccount-fail. Yet in FF it created the account without any issues. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 23:45, 17 May 2012 (UTC)

Fallout fanon wiki[edit source]

Would it be possible to create a global login for the fanon wiki with The Vault? Sternkreuz.png Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein aus dem Sturmkrieg Sector (Contributions) (Edit Count) 02:36, 22 May 2012 (UTC)

Confirmation[edit source]

At Nukapedia, we have recently been debating the possible connection between 'Soylent Green' from the movie of the same name, to 'Salient Green' from the OWB DLC. I personally saw no connection aside from a similar name, but KingClyde made the note that you were able to find confirmation on the matter before. I had sent the question to Sawyer over his Formspring account, but it seems he has chosen to pass the question by. So I was wondering if there was still any way you could help bring light to this matter? I'd appreciate your time Ausir. Thank you for reading and have a good day. :) GarouxBloodline 17:02, 30 May 2012 (UTC)

Creating the Fallout Fanon wiki at Curse[edit source]

Are we still going to setup the Fallout Fanon wiki/Tranquility Lane here at Curse? Sternkreuz.png Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein aus dem Sturmkrieg Sector (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 01:51, 3 June 2012 (UTC)

Thanks
Would it be able to have a sub domain as falloutwiki.com and have the same name as the old fanon wiki? Sternkreuz.png Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein aus dem Sturmkrieg Sector (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 14:42, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Has it been set up yet? Sternkreuz.png Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein aus dem Sturmkrieg Sector (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 02:15, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
It's ok. I understand if you're busy. I was just wondering about the status of it. I'll let the other users I talked to know as soon as it's set up. Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 06:27, 19 June 2012 (UTC)

Image issues[edit source]

Can you please take a look at Forum:Image issues and pass it onto the tech guys. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 16:18, 10 June 2012 (UTC)

There are still some image issues; both here and on the Wasteland Wiki it's not possible to delete old revisions of files. When hitting the "delete" button, the page with the delete reasons reloads but otherwise nothing happens (the old revision is not actually deleted). -- Porter21 (talk) 16:33, 27 June 2012 (UTC)

Fallout Fanon Wiki[edit source]

Thanks for setting it up.

Could I get sysop/bureaucrat permissions there? I plan to start setting up the Vector CSS page to give it a good Fallout feel. I was also planning on giving GuardianOfTheWastes the same access too since he said he would be able to help out with it in the wiki forum discussion.

Does this wiki use the Vector skin, with the modified appearance done through the JS and CSS pages?

Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 03:04, 8 July 2012 (UTC)

Would it also be possible to get it named Tranquility Lane, the same as the old version? That would be great if it's possible. Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 00:45, 9 July 2012 (UTC)

My proposal[edit source]

Hi Ausir, I have some developments within my proposal that I e-mailed to you a while ago now, and I need to contact Curse to look at getting a message board set up connected to the hub that is now this site for the UV, and was wondering how I might go about that, or whether you could look into it for me if I am unable to. This is fairly urgent, so if you could get back to me soon before we lose them it'll be much appreciated :) -- GOTW User | Talk 14:04, 8 July 2012 (UTC)

Account creation[edit source]

It seems Asirra does not work with IE. It keeps throwing up the error message Incorrect or missing confirmation code. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 13:20, 9 July 2012 (UTC)

Extension:CreateBox[edit source]

Hi, I was wondering if you could ask the php guys to change the output for the extension from:

<div class="createbox" align="{$align}">
<form name="createbox" action="{$submit}" method="get" class="createboxForm">
<input type='hidden' name="action" value="create">
<input type="hidden" name="prefix" value="{$prefix}" />
<input type="hidden" name="preload" value="{$preload}" />
<input type="hidden" name="editintro" value="{$editintro}" />
<input class="createboxInput" name="title" type="text" value="{$text}" size="{$width}"/>{$br}
<input type='submit' name="create" class="createboxButton" value="{$label}"/>
</form></div>

to;

<div class="createbox" align="{$align}">
<form name="createbox" action="{$submit}" method="get" class="createboxForm">
<input type='hidden' name="action" value="create" />
<input type="hidden" name="prefix" value="{$prefix}" />
<input type="hidden" name="preload" value="{$preload}" />
<input type="hidden" name="editintro" value="{$editintro}" />
<input class="createboxInput" name="title" type="text" value="{$text}" size="{$width}" />{$br}
<input type='submit' name="create" class="createboxButton" value="{$label}" />
</form>
</div>

As this should hopefully resolve some HTML validation errors and make the site a little more friendly to search engine spiders. It is only a minor issue, but every little thing helps. User:AvatarUser talk:Avatar 20:21, 9 July 2012 (UTC)

Fanon wiki user rights[edit source]

Could you give me sysop rights on the fanon wiki so I can work on the skin/scripts/etc? Maybe you could also give PorterBot the bot flag while you're at it, in case they'll need bot assistance for something. -- Porter21 (talk) 07:03, 14 July 2012 (UTC)

I can promote users if I have bureaucrat access. I was wondering if maybe I'm not supposed to get that yet, so I didn't want to ask too much. When you said You should have them now yourself I thought maybe that means I should get both rights. If not, it's not a problem. Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 03:14, 15 July 2012 (UTC)

Please Remove Old Account (lavacano201014)[edit source]

Evidently, since the move, my old account has been rendered inaccessible. My password is coming up invalid and everything. If you need confirmation, I have edited my Wikia profile to point to this account's userpage.

Accounts on MediaWiki software cannot be deleted. Any hacks adding that ability are extremely harmful to the wiki installation. What can be done is your old username can be changed, allowing you to re-register with your same username. Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 03:07, 19 July 2012 (UTC)

Problem with account creation at the fanon wiki[edit source]

Someone mentioned that he hasn't been able to create an account and has been getting an error message:

http://fanon.falloutwiki.com/User_talk:Inquisitor_Ehrenstein#Account_creation_trouble

Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 05:25, 20 July 2012 (UTC)

This is likely the same issue that GA reported above - the Asirra captcha currently does not work with IE8+ (see this report on mediawiki.org), it always fails (i.e. the user can't pass it). -- Porter21 (talk) 08:20, 3 August 2012 (UTC)

(Old) Urgent message[edit source]

I sent you a message a while ago regarding the UV, and you seem to have replied to other people, so it seems that it likely got buried in the rest. Could you get back to me ASAP please? Thanks -- GOTW User | Talk 22:26, 2 August 2012 (UTC)

The Fallout fanon wiki[edit source]

Hi. Thanks for setting it up. Could you also please set the name of it as Vault 112 and make it accessible through the domain vault112.falloutwiki.com ? The fanon.falloutwiki.com domain can also still be used, since it's an intuitive address. If you want me to get a consensus before setting Vault 112 as the name, I can ask people what they think first. I'll also start a discussion on the forum here to see what people think.

I'm also going to have sections for articles on canon friendly mods for the game, since it's similar and basically in-game fan fiction, and allows people to create what they write about. Sternkreuz.png Инкуиситор Саша Ехренстеин аус дөм Стурмкриг Сектор (Contributions) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 01:52, 10 August 2012 (UTC)

Linking RSS to Google+ and Facebook[edit source]

Hi, Ausir. I know you're pretty busy now but maybe you'll read this message. We're having a discussion on the forum about Linking RSS to Google+ and Facebook. Could you please take a look since you're the only one with the access to The Vault's accounts on these social networks? veryblackraven 22:03, 1 September 2012 (UTC)

Eternity Wiki[edit source]

Anything specific you need help with? -- Porter21 (talk) 13:18, 14 October 2012 (UTC)

New design[edit source]

Hello, Ausir! I have recently been going through the steps of creating a new background theme and banner for Nukapedia, and my banner has created some concerns with a few of our members in regards to how you might feel about it. I took a lot of pains to make sure that my banner looked nothing like yours aside from having a Vault door involved, but it would help put everyone's minds at rest if I were to gain your blessing in advance. Here is a link to the banner. And here is a link to an example page that shows what it would look like on Nukapedia - Vault Theme Example Page GarouxBloodline 14:55, 15 October 2012 (UTC)

I suppose. It would still do no good to unnecessarily step on toes, however. Yeah, Tag was telling me that I should probably focus on the Nuka-Cola theme, as well. I never really thought Nuka-Cola to be a central theme around Fallout, though. (Nuka Cola is hardly even touched on until after Fallout 3, and bottlecaps aren't even a majority currency in the Fallout universe.) I'll put some more thought into it before proceeding to the voting stages. I was always wanting to touch up on some other focal concepts like power armour, but unfortunately I'm not much of an artist. :P The banner I have now is merely stitched together from multiple stock images and a few personal tweeks over Paint. GarouxBloodline 18:32, 16 October 2012 (UTC)

Hey there[edit source]

Long time no talk. Sorry I haven't come by in awhile and sorry it isn't on better circumstances. One of my members came across this page over here and it brought up some concerns on how you guys perceive us. Apparently it is popular belief that Nukapedia is some form a "plagiarized copy of the Vault" which both you and I both know to be inaccurate. When the Vault split in Nov 2011, we went our separate ways but have shared information such as projects with each other several times in the time since the split. That was part of the agreement to my understanding. The big thing that has changed between the 2 wikis since the split is the community. Nukapedia has a more diverse base of people now from across all ages and all wikia platforms. Things have changed alot in the community in the past year. But when I read the forum and I saw stuff like "we are forced to contend with Wikia maintaining their plagiarized mirror, we should think of ways to gather more people to our wiki", the first part bothers me but I understand you wanting to attract traffic. Who doesn't. Despite what some people would like to believe, we don't dislike the Vault or anyone here. The only issue I have is when that hatred spills into our chatroom. I want to keep our partnership friendly and amicable. I hope you do as well. I hope all of you other wiki sites are doing good as well. Thanks for hearing me out.--Kingclyde 00:44, 29 December 2012 (UTC)

Some things with Ed-E[edit source]

Hello Ausir first of all congratz on being away from wikia in my view there is only 1 fallout wiki and that's the vault! I was reading on Ed-e's page to search for a bug but as it turns out that bug is not listed on his page. Cause i like to have my weapons at hand i normally give Ed-e some weapons i maybe want to use when i must but dont want to carry with me. On my first playthrough(with all the DLC installed i played the game since release without the DLC) i lost Euclids C Finder after doing How Little we Know, i figured something went wrong with handing over the weapons and checked the weaponlocker inside Gomorrah only to find that it was empty! So i restarted my game and now 35 hours in and after doing Lonesome Road(for wich i have to dismiss my beloved robot)Ed-E again lost some weapons(but not all of them as i had 1 Silenced .22 Pistol That Gun and This Machine in his inventory and only the .22 remained!). As i did not see this bug on his page(maybe i looked over it but i dont know)i figured i let u know. Also this bug is not only Ed-e, i always give Boone a Anti-Materiel Rifle(for total whoop-ass)but for some reason that also seems to dissapear at random.

Thanks for ur time


Stovie

A few grievances[edit source]

  • Hello, Ausir. I know that a lot of what I'm about to say is going to sound overly-critical, but I feel it's important for me to put everything out on the table for you to see and take into consideration, and hopefully see it as constructive criticism.
  • Nukapedia/The Vault relationship - Ever since the split, Nukapedia and The Vault have fancied themselves as being in a mutually beneficial relationship. This is mostly seen by both of our sites using information from their counter-parts to improve article page content. However, there has been a disturbing trend of incidents coming from users here at The Vault that have left many of us at Nukapedia pondering where our relationship will eventually lead, especially when Nukapedia has never taken any similar steps against The Vault.
    • In chat, we have had incidents before where users from The Vault have actively campaigned to have users switch over, and in other cases users from here have attempted to debase Nukapedia in an attempt to slander our reputation. I do not currently have any logs to support these accusations of mine, as Ghost was the provider of many of our chat logs and he has unfortunately parted ways with Nukapedia a while back, but I can hope that you can still take this information in good faith as almost any chat user at Nukapedia can confirm my words.
    • It has become popular around The Vault to accuse Nukapedia as being an inferior mirror of The Vault, and that we plagiarize all of our content. Nukapedia is the original Fallout wiki when concerning both us and The Vault. By the act of moving over to the Curse variant, The Vault is indeed the one who copied the content over, while we held on to the original works. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, it's just frustrating to have another community twisting the truth as an attempt to attract more viewers.
    • This will be a continuation of my previous concern. While it seems to be popular to accuse Nukapedia of plagiarizing all of our content, it is shown that there are users from The Vault active on Nukapedia merely to camp the recent changes page and directly copy content over from edits over to the article pages at The Vault. A rather large incident even occurred where a user who moved to The Vault stole and copied over an entire project, not making any changes even though some of the content in the project made no sense being on The Vault, and refused to source its origination or give credit to any of the users at Nukapedia who helped start up and work on the project.
    • This Inquisitor user is currently a primary concern for us at Nukapedia. While he never seems to actually do anything to help The Vault content wise, he seems to enjoy making slanderous comments aimed at Nukapedia, and has attempted multiple times to steal content from other Fallout communities such as Tranquility Lane. And as a matter of fact, these attempts would have been successful and were even being endorsed by you and the other leadership here until I stepped in and set matters right and warned those communities of his possible actions to come. Most recently, he even created a blog that was specifically made to bad-mouth Nukapedia and conspire to steal away our users. This blog was eventually deleted after we made our views known that his behaviour is completely unneeded and uncalled for.
    • A concern of mine personally is your activity here at The Vault. I perfectly well understand that life comes before the internet, but even right after the split you were never to be found and it was made almost impossible to get into contact with you over anything else besides information that involved you personally. Right now would be a perfect example, where no one has really heard from you since October, leaving The Vault almost completely dead after Porter left, which I'm pretty sure was due to you asking him to create yet another wiki that has been shown to this day as having no community or leadership in place, only coming back once news of Three Dog possibly returning reared its head. Another perfect example concerns my previous point, in which a Bureaucrat from Nukapedia wanted to talk to you over Inquisitor's behaviour, and yet you have ignored him entirely, as well as ignoring the issue itself.
    • And last, but not least, The Vault is dead. Only around half a dozen users actively edit here anymore, and it seems that no one really cares about anything else aside from getting more viewers and a better search engine result than Nukapedia. Well, it seems to me that's not what you need to be focusing on. For instance, when Ant put up his Administrator request, it went ignored for well over a month before I finally voted on it and grabbed others' attentions with the comment I added. Not to mention that around 60% of the actual edits being made on The Vault are because of edits being copied over from Nukapedia. Anyways, I'm not looking for a reply or anything, I'm just hoping that you can take my concerns into account when considering the future of The Vault, and possibly the relationship between Nukapedia and The Vault. Thank you for your time. 67.187.96.246 03:10, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
Oh, and speaking of Ant's Admin request, it's still running even after being up for over 2 months. Someone really needs to either make him an Admin or close down the request. :P 67.187.96.246 03:25, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
I'd like to see this "blog" that you mention. Otherwise it looks like only one person is being slanderous. Slander is lying. You should also be aware that making legal threats is generally not tolerated and in every case just makes the person making them look foolish. W:Wikipedia:No legal threats Webpages are not the place to discuss such things; when one has a serious issue, the proper course is to send a formal notice or have a lawyer contact the website administration. You should also be aware that I never advocated copying of the content from the fanon wiki as I made it clear that I viewed it as being associated with the author of it, and moving fanfiction articles would be a decision for each user. Either you are very forgetful or you are projecting your own slanderous methods.
From your comments here, it seems as though your only point is to claim that The Vault is a complete failure; I'd call that a vague personal attack.
You should also be aware that any attempt to degrade any of my attempts to help The Vault is ridiculous. After creating a wiki farm for 40k and fanfiction, I preferred to try to get The Vault's companion fanon wiki hosted here as I believed it would be more beneficial for The Vault even though it took a long time. This is also after I already installed a wiki to serve as the Fallout fanon wiki, which I then repurposed.
I'm also going to leave a message on your talk page about sockpuppetry. Sternkreuz.png ఠ_ఠ Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein des Ordo Scharzenkommando (Contrib) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 08:47, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
Look in the deletion logs. Tagaziel deleted it, and you know that. Just have someone restore it, and everything will be clear. As for everything else, I'm not even going to bother talking with you about it. I already have an official complaint written out about you anyways that I'll be sending out to both Curse and Wikia once I find the time to finish it. Replied to your asinine suggestion of me being a sockpuppet on your TP. 67.187.96.246 10:16, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
I forgot to mention this; your claim that The Vault plagiarized content from Nukapedia when it was The Vault and then moved to a new location is beyond ridiculous. The Vault moved, and Nukapedia remained behind as a mirror. If you're drinking Wikia's Kool-Aid to the point that you think it's better, that's not my problem. I have a full understanding of the psychological processes you're going through to justify it, and I could write a full paper on it. I have, it was about someone else though.
Please don't try to make blackmail. Curse isn't going to care about any defamation you want to send them. You forget the work I've done for them; the fanon wiki is a Curse-run project, not a Sturmkrieg-run project. The latter would have been far easier to set up, but I believed the first option would be best for The Vault Sternkreuz.png ఠ_ఠ Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein des Ordo Scharzenkommando (Contrib) (Edit Count) Contact: CW - SK (de) - MW.org 19:03, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
  • Both Nukapedia and The Vault are individual and unique communties. We both have aspects to our wikis that make us entirely different than the other, and while we share a lot of the same information, no one has plagiarized anything. But once again, it seems I need to clarify that no one has plagiarized anything, except for the user Brocolli when he stole an entire proproject from Nukapedia. I never once stated that The Vault has done so, and you are putting words in my mouth by stating as such. This is the reason why us at Nukapedia are getting irritated, is because it seems certain users here at The Vault, including you, cannot extend the same courtesy. Because to state it simply, our communities used to be one. Both communities created what is currently being used on both wikis, and it's unfair to both to state that the other is a mirror. Anyways, Nukapedia did indeed come before the new The Vault, with the original wiki staying at Wikia with a mere name change. (Changing our name does not make us a new wiki.) Ausir only created a new wiki on the Curse host and moved the original name over, along with the content from Wikia.
  • Blackmail? I am sending in an official complaint because of these reasons:
    • The World War II wiki, where we first interacted with each other, you were actively conspiring to unban one of your Bureaucrats who turned out to be a troll on both that wiki and Nukapedia. you can beat around the bush all you'd like, but I still have the conversation saved and it's pretty condemning towards your intent.
    • On a constant basis, you have made slanderous claims towards Nukapedia on the border of harassment, not responding to any requests to stop.
    • Attempting to make back-room deals with the leadership here at The Vault to move wikis away from Wikia without the original community's consent. I have logs to prove this, and I've even talked to users from Tranquility Lane over this matter.
    • One of our Bureaucrats attempted to make his concerns over you known to Ausir, and so far him and the rest of the leadership here have actively ignored our protests and have refused to even comment over the matter.

Now, if you want to continue this conversation, move it to my talk-page. I'm sure Ausir doesn't want his to be bloated up any further with our bickering. 96.63.68.4 20:14, 19 January 2013 (UTC)

You have new messages at User talk:GarouxBloodline.

A final thought[edit source]

  • After reading back through my messages, I realize what I originally intended to be rational thoughts, came out rather belligerent due to me letting my frustrations come out on you over these recent situations. So I would like to formally and respectfully apologize for letting my emotions get the better of me, which in turn led to me making a few accusations of my own. I still mean a lot of what I said, and I hope you can look past my emotional writings and see them in the way that I had meant. And yes, I whole-heartedly agree. Like I've mentioned, as well, no one is plagiarizing from anyone, and it's a shame if either of our communities are seeing matters differently. I'm still not sure about who should be considered the original wiki, but in the end, I suppose that doesn't truly matter, as we are now quickly becoming wikis unique in our own methods methods, but the same in our vision. GarouxBloodline 02:13, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
I understand. Thanks. I'm sorry for when I got heated. No one is technically plagiarizing. I get mad about the fact that Wikia actively tries to stop people from moving and makes things difficult for wikis that do decided to move. Sternkreuz.png ఠ_ఠ Inquisitor Sasha Ehrenstein des Ordo Scharzenkommando (Contr) (Edits) Contact: Fanon - SK (de) - MW.org 02:55, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
Yes, Wikia does tend to get involved in communities when they're the least needed. In a ways, it's understandable since they do indeed make a profit off of our communities. But that doesn't make their actions any less vexing at times. I will be one of the first to admit that Wikia gets on my nerves quite a bit. The only reason I stay these days is because of Nukapedia, where my devotion will always lie.
You have new messages at User talk:GarouxBloodline.

In-game publications[edit source]

Should there be some sort of category and/or main page for them? I ask because I found these during the transcribing project I've been working on.

Mentioned-only
  • DCTA Employee Handbook
  • Laser Pistol User's Manual
  • The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire - Edward Gibbon 1776-1789
  • Commentarii de Bello Gallico - Gaius Julius Caesar & Aulus Hirtius (VIII) ? 50s or 40s BC
In-game
  • Scripture
  • Tiny, Tiny Babies: All You Need to Know About Pediatric Medicine
  • Stress and the Modern Refugee: A Primer
  • Pretty Pretty Horsies: A History of the Mongol Empire
  • The Lavender Flower

There is already a Publications category, but that's for the guides.--Ant2242 21:52, 26 April 2013 (UTC)

Sounds good to me.--Ant2242 22:05, 26 April 2013 (UTC)

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to create it.--Ant2242 23:07, 26 April 2013 (UTC)

Gamepedia merge[edit source]

Sorry, kind of busy right now - I'll have to get back to you next week. -- Porter21 (talk) 06:28, 10 May 2013 (UTC)

Since the merge...[edit source]

Since the merge many of the images and interactive maps have not been functioning. I feel that I need to bring this to your attention. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.--Ant2242 (talk) 18:24, 6 June 2013 (UTC)

Edit count is missing...[edit source]

For some reason when I try to access the Edit count it says:
"No such special page"
"You have requested an invalid special page."
"A list of valid special pages can be found at Special:Special pages."
--Ant2242 (talk) 19:03, 8 July 2013 (UTC)

Thank you!--Ant2242 (talk) 19:27, 8 July 2013 (UTC)

Loading screen help...[edit source]

I was wondering if you had the FO3 GECK? I'm asking because I'm trying to get all the FO3 loading screen hints, screens and VDSG numbers that appear in them. Although I have the FO3 GECK, I have no real idea how to work it. Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.--Ant2242 (talk) 21:35, 12 July 2013 (UTC)

Dialogue project[edit source]

I've been recently working on the Entomology part of the dialogue project, and was wondering if we should make a separate page for the entomology of "Enclave," or should we just explain this in the Enclave faction page somewhere?--Ant2242 (talk) 10:35, 24 July 2013 (UTC)

Proto ids?[edit source]

Ausir I was wondering what's a proto id? And how do you acquire them. I've been trying to find them but to no avail.--Ant2242 (talk) 19:25, 7 August 2013 (UTC)

Then why is the Rocket (Fallout)'s proto id 37?--Ant2242 (talk) 19:35, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
That's the proto id of the "Rocket AP" variant, not the regular one. VaultAusir (talk) 20:35, 7 August 2013 (UTC)

Recent events[edit source]

Firstly the FO2 Create New Forum is broken. We need to establish what goes into the infoboxes. I have no real idea what to put there.

Secondly should we/do we have an redirects category? It would make cleaning them out simpler.

Thirdly when is the edit count coming back?--Ant2242 (talk) 18:59, 24 August 2013 (UTC)

Ads[edit source]

I realize that advertisement is essentially for Curse to continue functioning, but their placement of the ads on the wiki are really distracting and detract from the professionalism that our wiki strives for. The ads at the bottom of the page are fine, but the ones that sit in the upper right corner in the actual article are an eyesore.

They push infoboxes down and disrupt the aesthetic of the article. Take a look at Assault rifle: the gameplay article infobox is getting pushed down, forcing the image down, which then messes with the situation of the "Gameplay articles:" under the subheading. The same is happening to Bozar, shotgun/combat shotgun, minigun, raider armor, and I suspect any other article with a "Gamplay articles" infobox that's so long it extends into the gameplay article sections. Could you talk to someone at Curse about this? I don't have a problem with the ads, just their placement. --Kastera (talk) 18:43, 31 October 2013 (UTC)

Thank you. --Kastera (talk) 18:51, 31 October 2013 (UTC)

Asuir, Kastera, it's in EVERY article. Before I found the adblocker I'm currently using my computer would crash after a few minutes, with one tab open! This is indescribably bad as this problem has been present (if I remember correctly) since the merge!--Ant2242 (talk) 19:18, 31 October 2013 (UTC)

It IS Back.

--Ant2242 (talk) 20:31, 15 October 2014 (UTC)

Information acquired by Paweł "Ausir" Dembowski from J.E. Sawyer[edit source]

Ausir, this message appears on the wiki as referencing;

"Information acquired by Paweł "Ausir" Dembowski from J.E. Sawyer"

It is not a reference however, it appears on multiple pages and it relays no confirmation of the various information it "citations". Could you please clarify wtf they mean? Thank you for your time.--Ant2242 (talk) 19:07, 9 January 2014 (UTC)

Could you get images of them? For there is no documentation for the Vault to actually use.--Ant2242 (talk) 21:26, 9 January 2014 (UTC)

Maybe but my point still stands. "This is correct."<ref>Because this information was acquired by x from Y about Z.</ref> is not a valid reference.
We actually need the information in there, even if the names involved are blanked out. Ex. "This is correct."<ref>Because this information was acquired by x from Y about Z.<br/>''"Z in game is done this way because this."'' - Anonymous</ref> --Ant2242 (talk) 22:59, 9 January 2014 (UTC)

Yes, perfect. Thank you!--Ant2242 (talk) 13:56, 10 January 2014 (UTC)

I stumbled upon another one <ref>[[User:Ausir|Paweł "Ausir" Dembowski]] as being the original purpose of the Vault experiment in ''[[Fallout 2]]'' design documents. Also mentioned in the [[Bloomfield Space Center design document]] for ''[[Van Buren]]'': "''In November, 2076, the Enclave seized control of Bloomfield Space Center. They knew nuclear war was just around the corner, so they tried to refit the Hermes-13 and convert it into a vehicle that would take selected personnel (mainly themselves) off-planet, destination yet to be determined.''"</ref>

The one above this post is also on the "United States Space Administration" page.--Ant2242 (talk) 22:19, 2 August 2015 (UTC)

It was recently removed. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.--Ant2242 (talk) 17:34, 16 January 2014 (UTC)

Thanks, I'll take care of any remaining ones. VaultAusir (talk) 00:16, 19 January 2014 (UTC)

Found another one. This one's on the Enclave page.; <ref>Information acquired from [[Tim Cain]] by [[User:Ausir|Paweł "Ausir" Dembowski]] as being the original purpose of the Vault experiment in ''[[Fallout 2]]'' design documents.</ref> Thank you for your time.--Ant2242 (talk)

I found another one on the "Fallout canon" page.--Ant2242 (talk) 14:40, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
I found another one on the "New Plague" page.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:52, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
I found another one on "Harold"'s page.--Ant2242 (talk) 03:38, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
I found another two, one on "Love Sets Sail!" and the other on "Old World Blues endings".--Ant2242 (talk) 01:34, 22 June 2015 (UTC)

Not to be a....[edit source]

But I must ask, do you plan on editing any time soon?... At all?--Ant2242 (talk) 19:24, 13 January 2014 (UTC)

Input needed[edit source]

Need your input on Forum:Fixed or variable width?. Tagaziel (talk) 17:45, 19 January 2014 (UTC)

Saving trouble[edit source]

For some reason when I try to save one of my sandboxes the page goes blank and nothing is saved. This very same thing happened earlier to this same page and my profile page this however cleared up for my profile page. Any help ion the matter would be greatly appreciated.--Ant2242 (talk) 18:18, 13 February 2014 (UTC)

Core Region[edit source]

Do you know where the term "Core Region" came from?--Ant2242 (talk) 20:54, 14 February 2014 (UTC)

I downloaded the PnP PDF from NMA and there is no instance of "Core Region" in it. Do you remember any of the VB docs specifically having "Core Region"? Also should I upload the PnP to the wiki and make the PnP page similar to the game manual pages?--Ant2242 (talk) 17:05, 15 February 2014 (UTC)

SIMPLE[edit source]

I'll have to import it, someone overwrote Sawyer's pages. Tagaziel (talk) 20:41, 18 February 2014 (UTC)

Audio file Menus?[edit source]

DesmondMenuMissing.png

Why is there no "Menu" section for audio files on the pages?--Ant2242 (talk) 08:07, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

The one next to the audio file sound dial. Should there be a "menu" button to drop down and access the file?--Ant2242 (talk) 08:14, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Google Chrome.--Ant2242 (talk) 16:30, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Weird, I'm using Chrome myself. Can you show me a screenshot of how it looks for you, so I can send it to the tech team if needed? VaultAusir (talk) 16:34, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Thank you!--Ant2242 (talk) 16:56, 2 March 2014 (UTC)

Forum:Forum:Blog:Blog: News: News[edit source]

For some reason these titles are doubling. Do you have any ideas to why?--Ant2242 (talk) 19:55, 12 March 2014 (UTC)

Can you weigh in?[edit source]

Forum:Manual of style:Referencing dialogue format. Tagaziel (talk) 08:38, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

SECs & Power armor[edit source]

I've recently been trying to find the reference to early power armor using SECs and am having trouble. Since you were the one to add the information on 12:38, 20 December 2008, could you please tell me where you got the information?--Ant2242 (talk) 23:46, 21 July 2014 (UTC)

Thank You!!! Could you also help with the new "info. acquired by"s?--Ant2242 (talk) 00:04, 22 July 2014 (UTC)

Tesla armor[edit source]

Where does it say that they were constructed by plans left by Nikola Tesla and confiscated by the US gov.?--Ant2242 (talk) 03:58, 31 August 2014 (UTC)

Thank you! Could you help me finish these? #Information acquired by Paweł "Ausir" Dembowski from J.E. Sawyer --Ant2242 (talk) 16:58, 11 September 2014 (UTC)

The Vault tumblr[edit source]

In case you didn't know, The Vault recently made a tumblr account (here). I noticed that we have links to our Facebook/YouTube/Google+/etc. on the main page, complete with shiny, professional looking buttons, but currently nothing links to our tumblr. Since you created File:Facebook button.png, File:YouTube button.png, and File:Googleplus.png, could you create a similar button based off of the tumblr logo? --Kastera (talk) 19:36, 11 September 2014 (UTC)

Done within the hour? I'm impressed! Thanks, Kastera (talk) 20:14, 11 September 2014 (UTC)

Link[edit source]

For some reason when I click a link to a section in an article the page loads some distance below it.--Ant2242 (talk) 04:02, 2 October 2014 (UTC)

Also the "Support This Wiki" button is too close to the "User page" tab button... and experiencing some sort of error apparently.--Ant2242 (talk) 09:52, 2 October 2014 (UTC)

Could you remove my Bot flag?[edit source]

Hi, it's been a while!

I've rediscovered my love for Fallout, so I figured I'd roam around The Vault and do some edits here and there. It seems I've got a Bot flag on me, and I'm not entirely sure why. I used to have a bot on wikia, and my UserWiki page only contains the BotTemplate, so I guess it might have happened when I imported my account from Wikia to here? Would be great if you could remove it, you seem to be the only active admin with the rights to do so.

Cheers!

KristofferAG 11:22, 24 October 2014 (UTC)

Project split[edit source]

Could you please help me split the FO3 & NV quotations project? The page seems too big to save and I'm having trouble saving the spilted FO3 page.--Ant2242 (talk) 02:41, 27 October 2014 (UTC)

Theme request[edit source]

A little request. While viewing page history, each item on the list of revision has a white border around it, that sticks out with the wiki background (unnoticed with the original white). I think the interface looks cleaner without it.

#pagehistory li {
  border: 1px solid white;
}

If its possible, i'd appreciate if you can "fix" this. --Pseudon2 (talk) 07:46, 16 June 2015 (UTC)

Concerning attribution and plagiarism[edit source]

I have made a forum to discuss cooperation between The Vault and Nukapedia on forming a common attribution policy as well as a policy regarding the punishment of plagiarism. If you could share your thoughts on it at Forum:Attribution and plagiarism policy, it would be very appreciated. Thanks, Kastera (talk) 17:32, 10 August 2015 (UTC)

Long time no see[edit source]

Welcome back! Long time, no see. How you been?--Ant2242 (talk) 09:50, 2 October 2017 (UTC)