Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout 3 locations project
The utility tunnel is an area in Fallout 3 which connects a manhole in Pennsylvania Avenue with the remains of the White House. In the add-on Broken Steel, it also contains an access to the Presidential Sub Level which leads to the Presidential Metro with exits to The Capitol Building's east wing and Adams Air Force Base.
Layout[edit | edit source]
When you enter the utility tunnel, there is a copy of Pugilism Illustrated, a workbench, and an ophthalmoscope in a side room to the right. To get to the White House, take the first left, follow the corridor, and you will eventually find a door to the left that opens onto the ruin-filled radioactive pit that the White House has become. To reach the Presidential sub level in Broken Steel, keep following that corridor until you see a door on the right.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Pugilism Illustrated in the first room on the right after you enter the tunnel from the White House Plaza.
- Fat Man at the top of the stairs in the White House ruins.
- 3 mini nukes next to the Fat Man.
- At the intersection where the unlucky daredevil hung himself from the light, taking the path west and following it around will yield a cash register with pre-War money. A few steps north of the register is a first aid box in the rubble.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There are two ramps set up on either side of a car and the remains of a daredevil trying to keep himself entertained after the bombs fell. You can see on one side the crashed motorcycle and the top half of the daredevil hanging from the light fixture above the car. However, it is possible for the skeleton to have fallen down and be lying on the car instead.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Utility appears only in Fallout 3.