The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Kids. Run by sh-shumtimes.”
Background[edit | edit source]
The vagrant is an old, mentally-handicapped, and homeless man who lives in Freeside.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- I Could Make You Care: When player needs to ask around Freeside about a rangefinder, dialogue with him is possible. The player can pay him 10 caps for the information, threaten him (Strength 7 needed) or if the character has low Intelligence there is special dialogue line which makes him talk in an erudite manner (similarly to Torr from Fallout 2).
Effects of player's actions[edit | edit source]
- If the player tries to talk to him, he'll just laugh and cough.
- If stared at for 30 seconds or so, he won't speak like other non-player character's normally do.
- If walked by or aimed at, he will grunt unintelligibly and burp.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Notable quotes[edit | edit source]
- "Indeed I have, my articulate friend. Not a few minutes ago I chanced upon a pair of destitute orphans grappling over just such an item. If you cover the area methodically, I'm quite certain you'll happen upon them with only the most insubstantial of delays. Be well. And do try and avoid the tragic path of the sot that led me to my present infirmities and spiritual woes."
- "Heh heh heh heh ooo, heh heh heh."
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, if the Courier kills the vagrant, you will hear quotes like "Are you crazy man, I've got two kids to feed!" or, "Help!", similar to when your reputation in Freeside is lower than neutral, and Freeside thugs try to mug you but flee.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The vagrant appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.