Vault 76 is one of the Vaults constructed by the Vault-Tec Corporation. It is located in West Virginia (mislabeled as a DC area Vault in certain Vault-Tec records) and was designated as the Official Vault of the Tricentennial by Vault-Tec, under the tagline "Vault-Tec Salutes America".
Background[edit | edit source]
Vault 76 was one of the seventeen control Vaults within the Vault experiment. It was designed to house five hundred people and automatically open after twenty years, at which point the residents would be evicted and studied in comparison to the other experiments.
Construction began in February of 2065 and ended in October of 2069. The Vault had LightLife Geo-Thermal for its primary power supply, and General Atomics Nuclear Power as a secondary power supply. Its computer control system was Brainpower 4. At some point during construction, Giles Wolstencroft, Vault-Tec's Assistant Chief Executive Officer, was abducted by extra terrestrials while inspecting the site.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Citadel terminals; Vault-Tec Terminal, DC Area Vault Listings
- Fallout 76 teaser
- Citadel terminals; Vault-Tec Terminal, Vault 76 Personnel Assignments
- Citadel terminals; Vault-Tec Terminal, Vault 76 Equipment Issuances
- Alien Captive Recorded Log 13
- Newscaster: "Since debuting Vault 76 last year, in honor of America's Tercentenary, Vault-Tec continues to expand with plans for well over 100 Vaults around the country."