I like you, friend. Have I mentioned that?
Victor is a friendly but mysterious PDQ-88b, Robco Security model 2060-B Securitron found in Goodsprings in Fallout: New Vegas.
He's real friendly, don't get me wrong. You just get the sense that that ain't the whole picture. Just a feeling.
”— Doc Mitchell
Victor has been in Goodsprings since long before Mr. House's Securitrons rolled out onto the old Las Vegas Strip. By his own account he has been in the town since 2266, but claims not to recall anything from before that time. According to Trudy and the town's other residents, Victor's old owner used to live in the shack on the south side of town (identified by the Old World flag hanging outside), but nobody has lived there since at least 2274 when Trudy first arrived in town. Trudy is also suspicious of the "'cheerful cowboy' act"; Victor never helped anyone before the Courier and mostly rolled around town every once in while.
Whether his programming allows him to realize it or not, there are things that Victor has been keeping from the townsfolk. For example, when Mr. House finally found the Platinum Chip in the ruins of Sunnyvale, Victor was tasked with returning it to the Lucky 38. To achieve this, he hired seven couriers from the Mojave Express in Primm. There were to be seven packages - six decoys, and one containing the real platinum Chip, which was to be carried by Ulysses.
After Ulysses mysteriously refused the job, the task fell to the Courier, who was intercepted by Benny, Jessup and McMurphy to be eventually taken to Goodsprings cemetery. Benny took the chip, shot the Courier in the head and left them for dead. Unable to intervene due to unreliable data transfer from Mr. House and overriding combat algorithms, Victor stayed out of the altercation until after Benny and the Great Khans left. After the graveyard was vacant, the Courier was dug up and taken to Goodsprings by Victor where they received brain surgery from Doc Mitchell and were nursed back to health.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
- They Went That-a-Way: After coming out of Doc Mitchell's house, you will see Victor wheeling around Goodsprings. He can be questioned about what happened to you and where the men who shot you went.
- The House Always Wins: Upon entering the New Vegas Strip, Victor will be in front of the Lucky 38. He lets you in and gets you to the Penthouse via elevator.
- We Must Stop Meeting Like This: Victor will tail you throughout your search for the men who shot you. He will show up in the perimeter surrounding Goodsprings, Novac, Boulder City and the Strip.
- We Must Stop Beating Like This: After going on the main road, you may get attacked by some unwanted critters, (cazadores). Luckily, Victor is right behind you to help fight them off.
- After killing or disabling Mr. House, Victor will seemingly disappear; he can be found in Goodsprings at his shack, permanently disabled.
- If the Courier heads out of Goodsprings north on the road nearing the Makeshift Great Khan Camp without speaking to Sunny Smiles, Victor will rush to the Courier's defense against the cazadores blocking the road.
- Victor plays down his role in the Courier's rescue, saying that he discovered his body when he was out for a stroll. He is a bit evasive and yet always eager to be helpful, but if the Courier requests Victor's help against the Powder Gangers, during the quest Ghost Town Gunfight, Victor fails to show up to the battle. A Science check of 25 reveals that he was remotely deactivated, with Victor claiming that it was a command he'd never heard of before.
- If the Courier wanders into Powder Ganger territory, there is a rare occasion in which Victor is in fighting mode with the Powder Gangers. There are two outcomes in this interaction: You can help Victor fight, or he can handle it himself. Either way, Victor can overcome the Powder Gangers, or Victor will die and can be searched upon his death.
- Victor is an Artificial Intelligence distributed between all Securitrons. The player may witness (or even cause) his death several times over the course of his or her journey to Vegas, but in this event his personality simply "hops" to another unit, with no serious ramifications in the next meeting. Victor claims that he doesn't know how this happens.
- Once you leave Goodsprings and find Victor at another area, his first Securitron unit will be found in front of his Goodsprings shack, disabled, and when killed he cannot be looted, it will still say the AI program is offline.
- If you commence combat with Victor, he may say "Next stop, Boot Hill!" If you open fire near to him but not at him (for instance, if you shoot mantis nymphs from the schoolhouse yard near his house when he is there), he may exclaim "Holster, and be quick about it!"
- If the player kills Victor after beginning The House Always Wins, the quest will fail and House's ending will be unobtainable.
- If you disable Victor with the Robotics Expert perk, he will be disabled forever, and won't jump to another Securitron.
- He is scripted as a companion while he follows the courier, meaning that he fast travels with you and his inventory can be searched.
- A cut event indicates that if the Courier destroyed the Securitron army under Fortification Hill, it would have triggered a confrontation with an angered Victor, who calls the Courier a "low-down snake" and states that he should have left him/her in the ground to rot, after which he would attack and fight to his death.
- "He's real friendly, don't get me wrong. You just get the sense that that ain't the whole picture. Just a feeling."
- "I'm a Securitron, RobCo security model 2060-B. If you see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy."
- "There you have it - New Vegas, pretty as a diamond flush."
- "Fancy meeting you here, friend."
- "Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit."
- "Yep, guess it's just down to you and fancy pants. I wouldn't worry about him, he looked all hat and no cattle if you ask me."
- "Howdy partner! Might I say you're looking fit as a fiddle."
Victor appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Victor's name and the face displayed on his screen are both references to Vegas Vic, a neon sign on the outside of The Pioneer Club in Las Vegas. Although now no longer moving or speaking, Vic's arm waved, his cigarette moved, and the sign played a recording of 'Howdy Podner!' every 15 minutes.
- Salida del Sol, from the Dead Money add-on.
Victor can sometimes show up inside of
- Victor's Shack, deactivated.
Killing Victor in the Lucky 38 will cause him to disappear upon his death. After doing this, it is possible he may still be found in
- Bitter Springs during the Climb Ev'ry Mountain quest.
A fairly recent update may cause Victor to appear next to you every time you load your game (i.e. entering/exiting a building or fast-traveling). This can cause you to get stuck sometimes, such as in the mountain above
Victor can sometimes appear pinpointed on the map above Freeside's North Gate, but he isn't actually there. (confirm)
- Mr.House or the suite. Sometimes Victor may not be able to communicate with you and you can not use him or the elevator to go to
- ↑ The Courier: "How did you end up in Goodsprings?"
Victor: "I moseyed into town, oh, ten, fifteen years ago? Before that, I... hmmm, I can't quite seem to recall. Odd. Anyway, it's a right peaceful town and I reckon it's as fine a place to settle as any."
- ↑ The Courier: "How long has he been in Goodsprings?"
Trudy: "It was here when I took over the saloon seven years ago. Some people have said its owner lived here, but no one knows who it was."
- ↑ The Courier: "Do you know the robot that rescued me?"
Trudy: "I know that... thing... as much as anyone else around here. It mostly keeps to itself, which is just fine by me."
The Courier: "You don't like him?"
Trudy: "It acts friendly enough, but I don't trust that whole "cheerful cowboy" act. I find it all very creepy."
- ↑ The Courier: "What does he actually do around here?"
Trudy: "Other than rolling around once in awhile, it doesn't do anything useful as far as I can tell. I don't know why it took an interest in you, but I'd be careful. It's never helped anyone before."
- ↑ The Courier: "Why didn't you intervene sooner when Benny ambushed me?"
Robert House: "Why didn't Victor intervene sooner, you mean? Goodsprings is a bit too far away for me to reliably control a Securitron agent by remote. I can send and receive packets of data, at best. Victor's combat algorithms determined the proper course of action. Benny and his thugs were more than a match for a lone Securitron. When he alerted me, I instructed him to approach the site after Benny and the others had departed."
(Robert House's dialogue)
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas intro
|Military and security||Turrets||Automated turret · Auto-cannon · Gun turret · Laser turret · Turret robot|
|Floating robots||Eyebot (Duraframe Eyebot · Prototype Eyebot · Sparks) · Floating eye · Hover robot · Mister Gutsy (Hardened Mister Gutsy, Ironbelly, Cerberus Sawbones, Sergeant RL-3, Hoover) · Security robot|
|Walkers||Argos · Behemoth · CRB-S · Gasbot · Gun robot · Humanoid brain bot · Humanoid robot (Gloating robot, HR 1200, HR 1205, HR 2999) · Kamikaze robot · Laser robot · Liberty Prime · Pacification robot · Protectron (Deputy Weld, Fisto, Primm Slim) · Robo-scorpion (X-42 giant robo-scorpion) · Scurry robot · Sentinel ·Type II sentry bot · Tesla robot|
|Tracked and wheeled robots||Gatling laser security robot · Protect-O-Bot · Robobrain (Masterbrain, Skynet) · Securitron (Jane, Marilyn, Victor, Yes Man, 010011110110111001100101, Muggy) · Type I sentry bot (Hardened Sentry Bot, Prototype Sentry bot, RY-589 Ultimo bot, Sparky)|
|Utility||General||Assistant robot ·Maintenance robot · Mister Handy (Andy, Crazed Mister Handy, Godfrey, Job, Mobile facial recognition scanner, Mister Buckingham, Mr. Janitor, Prototype Mister Handy, Rhonda, Tour guide, Unit 462, Sparks, Wadsworth) · Service robot · Think tank · Walking eye|
|Medical||Medical Eyebot · Mr. Orderly (Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS) · Sawbones|
|Industrial||Agricola robot · Construction drone (Construction drone foreman, The Custodian) Loadlifter robot · Maintenance robot ·Mr Steel · Python ·Repair Eyebot · Tank track robot|
|Commercial||Sunset Sarsaparilla eyebot · Vendortron|