Nothing stops the Railroad.”
Victoria Watts is a resident of Rivet City and member of The Railroad in Fallout 3.
Background[edit | edit source]
This mysterious woman is allied with a clandestine group of ex-slaves, Abolitionists working together to form a new type of Underground Railroad. She is forceful and bright, and she doesn't suffer fools gladly.
Daily schedule[edit | edit source]
Prior to the beginning of the Replicated Man quest, Victoria Watts lives as a generic citizen of Rivet City.
After delivering her quest-related message, Victoria Watts will remain in the general area in which she first encountered the Lone Wanderer. She may attempt to travel to Rivet City, but she is incapable of fast-traveling and only moves position if the Lone Wanderer is in the same active map cell as her. As a result, she is almost certain to be killed in the wasteland if encountered far away from Rivet City.
If Victoria Watts reaches Rivet City, she will join the population there and perform a generic Rivet City citizen daily schedule. She can be spoken to again by the Lone Wanderer, but has no additional dialogue.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character is essential. Essential characters cannot be killed. Status expires when she manages to engage the player in conversation begins.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Replicated Man: After the Lone Wanderer is asked by Doctor Zimmer to track down A3-21' location, for The Institute, Watts will request that the Lone Wanderer feign his death using an android component that she gives to the Lone Wanderer. If the Lone Wanderer assists her in saving Harkness, she will later ask the Lone Wanderer to not speak to her again, for the safety of The Railroad.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
Victoria searches out the Lone Wanderer:
Once the Lone Wanderer has triggered the Replicated Man quest, Watts starts running towards the Lone Wanderer from Rivet City. Thus, the time and place of the encounter depend on where the Lone Wanderer is when they triggered her and where they happen to be by the time she's covered the distance to the Lone Wanderer. As such, the Lone Wanderer can potentially meet her anywhere, including rather incongruous locations and situations (such as inside of Arlington Library or even underwater). She can go through any door.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|Wasteland settler outfit|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Watts is actually flagged essential while she is running to meet the Lone Wanderer. If she is killed before first conversation with the Lone Wanderer, there will be a notice she has gone unconscious, which may mean she is leading hostile creatures in the Lone Wanderer's direction.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Victoria Watts appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Victoria can sometimes fail to recognize the completion of the The Replicated Man quest. If you agree to help her, then subsequently resolve the quest otherwise, she will continue to goad you to turn the component over to Dr. Zimmer and tell him Harkness is dead.
- The GECK reveals that this bug occurs due to faulty dialogue ordering and conditioning. She should instead say "Nothing Stops the Railroad" but the dialogue string is BELOW "Don't you have a component to deliver" whereas it should be ABOVE it since the former has additional conditions. Dialogue strings near the top of an non-player character's dialogue list take priority over ones below it.
- Rivet City bow and appear in front of the exit with her knife out, although she will not respond to any actions. This most likely happens if you go straight to the broken bow without obtaining all the clues to Pinkerton's location. She can sometimes get stuck underwater in the
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.102: "Victoria Watts
This mysterious woman is allied with a clandestine group of ex-slaves, Abolitionists working together to form a new type of Underground Railroad. She is forceful and bright, and she doesn't suffer fools gladly."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)"