Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Image needed (Icon?)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
Residential area, clinic, police station - should keep away from the police station, it's a Ghost People hangout. Salida del Sol, Puesta del Sol are East Town, West Town. "Sunrise" and "Sunset." Or were when the streets and sky weren't covered with toxic gas. Ghost People don't come into the Villa much. West Town and East Town, though... they're thick with the Cloud and Ghost People. Like hunting grounds.”— Dean Domino
Background[edit | edit source]
The Sierra Madre Villa was the private city of the guests, employees and workers of Frederick Sinclair, situated just below the casino sitting atop the hill. The streets were built so that cars can not circulate, preventing pollution and noise nuisance.
In addition to the central area, the Villa was composed of four peripheral districts:
- The medical district, which contained the Villa clinic.
- Puesta del Sol, which had numerous clashes and arguments with the casino construction crews and the construction lagged behind Salida del Sol. It was as if construction efforts ran out of steam and money.
- The residential district, for the casino's high rollers and entertainers.
- Salida del Sol, the home of the church and many of the casino staff.
To avoid having to fund superfluous expenditures for the construction of the Villa at the expense of the casino, it was poorly constructed. The material used for the Villa's construction was reported as "sand barely held together with spit and glue". Buildings and structures in the Villa were completely unstable and could collapse overnight. All of this caused construction crews to suffer numerous setbacks and accidents. To prevent this discovery on the part of employees of the Sierra Madre, senior persons destroyed all medical reports, and were also protected legally. In addition, shipping problems also plagued the Villa. Construction explosives, countless crates of steak knives, and more were shipped to the Villa, paid for, and left.
Layout[edit | edit source]
In the center of the Villa is a fountain with a holographic projector that projects a hologram of Vera Keyes when Elijah is not contacting the Courier. The Villa is then split into two sides, east and west. Both sides are equally confusing and maze-like.
East Villa[edit | edit source]
Heading east from the fountain, there is a Sierra Madre vending machine on the right of the entrance. After a short while, the path forks; the alley on the left leads to an open area surrounded by apartments with a gift shop to the right. A hologram vendor is still functioning inside. Stairs in the shop lead up stairs to a balcony. The balcony connects to a room with a bed (which unfortunately is unusable) and an electric hot plate. Through the door is a broken bannister that drops down to the point where the path split.
Continuing down the street, the path turns after hitting a fountain. There is a room on the tight with some supplies and a first aid kit. Continuing east on the path brings one to the the entrance to the residential district on the right and a straightaway thereafter. Following this, the path splits again; to the left is a courtyard filled with the Cloud. There is a door in the far back (to the right of the entrance) that is free of the Cloud. The room exits to an alley leading to an open area with a couple radroaches and a gift shop (it holds really nothing of interest).
Continuing straight, avoiding the split, there is a small courtyard with another Sierra Madre vending machine further on the right. In the far south of this extension is a Hard-locked gate leading toward a gift shop above the gate after a room with mechanical components and a workbench. The street along the gate leads straight to the entrance of Salida del Sol. To the south of this is a corridor leading to a dead end with a ghost person seemingly guarding a supply cache. One of Dean's secret stashes is in a storefront on the left.
West Villa[edit | edit source]
The street leading east of the fountain leads directly to the entrance of the medical district with a Sierra Madre vending machine shortly afterward. The street leads to a courtyard that splits. To the northwest is the entrance to Puesta del Sol on the left and a hallway that leads to an open area that's filled with the Cloud. The area has a hallway leading to some ammunition boxes and a first aid kit is found in the open area along the wall.
In the south of the split is a stairway leading up to a clearing with a skeleton stabbed by a knife spear. Next to it is a small fountain and another stairway up. This leads to a clearing with a fountain and a nearby terminal. The terminal turns on a hologram atop the fountain. An archway to the west of the fountain takes one downstairs to an area with radroaches. Following the roaches is an amassed collection of the Cloud which has a safe room near the entrance of the Cloud, but is trapped with a grenade bouquet. The Cloud filled hallway leads to another courtyard with the Villa Police Station in the south-southwest.
Going upstairs (to the north) from the fountain with the hologram leads to a straight path to the courtyard containing the police station. Halfway through the corridor is a door of a room filled with the Cloud. Upstairs of here are several wooden planks extending to a broken balcony with ammunition and grenade boxes and a first aid kit at the end.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Over 500 Sierra Madre chips, scattered all over the villa.
- Pugilism Illustrated can be found on the ground on the opposite side of the fountain from which the player starts.
- Single shotgun can be found by passing the medical district and going directly to the northwest of Puesta del Sol where on the right balcony by looking up, a skeleton can be seen with the half of the weapons body hanging. The next balcony near the door of Puesta del Sol contains some ammunition. You need to jump to take them all.
- Two cosmic knives can be found in the Villa; one near the exit in the Villa next to a Sierra Madre chip (directly south of the fountain) and one in the giftshop that lies in the eastern part of the Villa.
- A footlocker containing an automatic rifle and some ammunition for it next to a first aid kit behind a pillar outside of the Villa's east giftshop.
- An acoustic guitar on the second floor of the building at the top of the stairs directly across from the Villa Police Station. There is also a Patriot's Cookbook on the music stand next to the guitar.
- Ace of Spades for the Dead Man's Hand challenge can be found on the north side of the fountain.
- There are two Lover's mark stashes; one near the Salida del Sol entrance and the other slightly east of the Villa Police Station.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]