This is the Customs Office for Vault City. We're responsible for keeping a log of all the goods that come to us via the caravans and supervising all transactions. All merchants must pass through customs before entering the city.”
Background[edit | edit source]
Thin and bearing a pinched face, Wallace is a distinguished official on charge of processing all merchants coming into the city, supervising transactions, logging caravans, and issuing day passes to visitors. As such, he has a detailed knowledge of all trade relations of Vault City with its neighbors and has developed quite the skills in eloquence and dealing with people.
His assistant is Skeev, who is particularly untrustworthy, but Wallace doesn't seem to care all that much.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character provides miscellaneous services.||
Issues day passes.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
The player can obtain a day pass from Wallace through several ways:
- Convince him that the player needs to see Joanne Lynette with 75% Speech or 7 Intelligence.
- Find the Raiders and report.
- Wear nothing but the Vault jumpsuit (also happens if the player character has less than 4 Intelligence or wears the Bridgekeeper's robes).
- Tell him that the player character is a trader. With any (golden) gecko pelts, (refined) uranium ore, gold nugget, or human followers (slaves), Wallace will sell a Day Pass for $500.
- Inform him of the Jet problem in Redding.
- Snitch on Skeev and ask for a day pass in exchange with 75% Speech.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
Drops on death
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Wallace appears only in Fallout 2.