Warhead (Lonesome Road)
A warhead appears to be the tip, or explosive end, of a large missile. The top of the warhead looks like a red dome-like object. When you approach the first of the warheads, you can "activate" them, resulting in a message being displayed:
Using the laser detonator on any warhead will cause it to explode after about five seconds of shooting. The longer you fire the detonator, the more the warheads will start to glow, and fire appears to come from the seams. After detonation, there will be radiation in the vicinity of the explosion, similar to a mini nuke.
Note: At long ranges, since the detonator's beam seems to move in a small circular pattern, sometimes the beam can hit and miss the target, resulting in longer detonation times.
- (Required) After retrieving the Laser detonator in the Marked Men Camp, you have to blow up a warhead on a truck bed to leave the area. Can't miss it.
- Head back to the Hopeville Missile Silo Bunker exit. In front of the barracks that is across from the destitute gas station is another warhead.
- In the back of a truck blocking the main path to the Marked Men Base.
- Following the path to the Collapsed Overpass Tunnel Entrance, it branches before reaching the Marked Men Base. At the Marked Men Supply Outpost along the right-hand path is the warhead.
- In the very southeastern-most corner of the Marked Men-run ruined city you'll find another warhead in the center of the broken-down trucks and vehicles blocking the bridge to the Collapsed Overpass Tunnel Entrance.
The High Road (4)
- After getting attacked by the first group of Marked Men past the Collapsed Overpass Tunnel and moving along, you'll start being fired upon by some more in the distance. Below their building and the path to The Crow's Nest is a warhead.
- The next warhead is found in the middle of the Ruined Highway Interchange area, surrounded by deathclaws.
- As you near the end of the highway, you'll come across a fork. Take the right path that heads downward toward a collapsed tunnel and a ruined vehicle. A warhead is near the "Smitty's Diner" sign, near the Junction 7 rest stop.
- After the last warhead, now take the left fork. When you come upon the Marked Men camp, head to the southeast. Tucked in with the rocks behind a truck is a warhead.
The Courier's Mile (2)
- As you enter the area, you'll see a fork. As you take the right one, you'll be able to see a warhead up ahead in the distance among the destroyed buildings behind the deathclaws.
- Back and along the left road, you'll come to a path and a clearing on your left full of Marked Men. Tucked away in the back with the ruined buildings is a warhead.
The Divide - before the Cave of the Abaddon (5)
- As you exit the Ashton Silo on the Sunstone Tower rooftop, head to and peek down over the western edge. Below, on the left-hand side of a large white "On Solid Ground!" billboard near a large, collapsed building you'll see a warhead.
- On the opposite side of the same billboard from the last warhead is another.
- (Required) From Sunstone Tower, head southwest. Tucked between the boulders is a warhead you have to detonate to continue along.
- Head around to the right from the last warhead. Up among the rubble on your right, you'll see only the tip of a buried warhead sticking out near the end of the building with the white old world flag on it.
- (Required) Head northwest from the last warhead. You'll see another warhead wedged in-between the rocks.
The Divide - before Ulysses' Temple (8)
- After reaching the Boxwood Hotel Roof, head southeast. Behind a pipe gushing water you'll find the den of Rawr the deathclaw. One is embedded in the ceiling.
- After defeating Rawr, another is used to leave the den
- (Required) Further along from the last two, at the base of a ruined building where some Marked Men are shooting from you'll spot a warhead.
- After passing under the building using the path created from the last warhead, look up and to the right. In the distance (above the entrance to the Waste Disposal Station area) you'll see a warhead sitting next to a Marked Man sniping at you.
- (Required) Head south from the toppled building. Around another gushing pipe, up among rocks, you'll find one.
- After detonating the previous warhead, a path leading up will be created. After climbing up, you'll be atop the toppled over building. Going around to the right will take you up to the entrance of the Waste water Treatment Plant. The warhead is on the rocks to the left of this entrance.
- Look out southwest from this area and you'll see one atop the nearby building in the farthest corner.
- High up and to the right of the entrance to Ulysses' Temple.
Ulysses' Temple (6)
- Next to you as you walk in, to the right.
- To the left as you walk in, along the wall next to large missile.
- Further to the right between two large missiles.
- Hidden in recess behind first large missile along right wall.
- Further to the left between large missiles.
- To the right of center walkway.
You will get the Warhead Hunter achievement/trophy by detonating all of them.