Wastelanders (Fallout 76)
Wastelanders is a massive free annual update to Fallout 76 that fundamentally changes the Wasteland. Set in 2103, one year after the opening of Vault 76, other humans have returned to Appalachia in the wake of the Scorched Plague.
Factions and sub-factions of Settlers and Raiders aim to make the world their own and claim a rumored fortune. Players can embark on a new main quest of choice and consequence, interact with characters and their unique stories, discover the faction settlements of Crater and Foundation, and collect powerful new weapons and armor.
Slated for 2020.
- New main quest: Continuing the story of Fallout 76, humans have returned to Appalachia after Vault 76 dwellers destroyed the scorchbeasts. But war never changes and conflict returns alongside mankind.
- New characters and quests: Human non-player characters, a full dialogue system, choices and consequences.
- Companions: Complete with their own reputation tracker, quests, and CAMP functionality.
- New random encounters
- Reputation systems: Tracking the players' standing with the factions.
- New weapons and armor: As usual, new items for use, including the plasma caster, Gauss minigun, Gauss pistol, bows, and more.
- New creatures: Wendigo Colossus, floaters, etc.