The Waters of Life
(Redirected from Waters of Life)
The Waters of Life
Arrival of the Enclave
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Meet the scientists at Rivet City, then the Jefferson Memorial.
- Clear the facility of super mutants.
- Help Dad fix up the facility.
- Turn off the flood control pump power, located in the room to the left of the bunk bed area in the basement.
- Get the fuses from James in the rotunda, install them in the fusebox at the end of the basement and then boot up the main frame in the top part of the basement.
- Clear out the pipe blockage; the entrance to the pipes is straight down the hall from the entrance to the memorial.
- Return to the control room and lead Dr. Li and her team safely through Taft Tunnel and get to the Citadel.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When getting directions on the intercom from your Dad, he may tell you that you're on the right level when you are in fact at the wrong elevation. Although the basement has stairs and different "levels" or flights as such he does not distinguish between these but refer to the whole basement complex, i.e. from the door labeled Basement in the memorial. This can be a bit confusing.
- As soon as you talk to James via (any) intercom after rebooting the mainframe, the only exit to the Capital Wasteland will be blocked from outside and the Jefferson Memorial map marker will disappear from the world map. Consider to do any required fast travels as well as equipment relocation to your house before talking to James, as from this point on you won't be able to take a break from the quest until you reach the Citadel.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Right after Dr. Li confronts the player about Garza's condition, regardless the response the player gives to her, if the player chooses to go back where Garza is, it is possible to see your companions spawned there, even when they should be waiting for the player in their house.
- If the player hacks the terminal before Dr. Li, or simply does not allow Dr. Li to hack the terminal, you may get a bug just outside the "catwalk room" where you fight off the Enclave while Dr. Li opens the door. After the threat is cleared and the door opened Alex and Daniel continue to wait endlessly on either side of the doorway. Dr. Li and Garza still follow the player normally. Alex and Daniel remain in the same place even if the player goes to a different area and returns. Alex and Daniel will return to the Jefferson Memorial after the main quest if Broken Steel is installed.
- When your father and Doctor Li talk in the Rivet City science lab, the cinematic mode will not come on and you are free to walk around like normal, yet their conversation still goes on.
- Taft Tunnel seem to mess up the game's standard companion handling. Examples: one or more of your standard companions spawn in the tunnel; one of the four quest followers turns into Dogmeat; Dogmeat will relocate to Vault 101 after you reach the Citadel. Any spawned followers may remain in their waiting state in the tunnel, so if you're missing any after this quest, look for them in the second part of Taft Tunnel. The four quest companions you guide through
- Sometimes if the player accidentally harms a follower other than doctor Li, when arriving at the Citadel the non-player character will become hostile towards the player causing the Brotherhood of Steel to also become hostile. This can sometimes be fixed by reloading your autosave, activating a Stealth Boy then killing the non-player character.
- If Dr. Li goes into the basement area of the Jefferson Memorial and you follow in after her, if she goes back into the main area, and if you try to follow her again, the game will freeze up as you load through.
- Near the end of the quest where you leave the tunnels to approach the Citadel, there is a bug that can cause the game to crash. This occurs when you fast travel to another part of the Wasteland before Dr. Li requests the gates of the Citadel be opened. When you return to the Citadel, Dr. Li and the other survivors will be walking around the perimeters of the Citadel aimlessly and will not approach the intercom. Without Dr. Li to request the gates be opened, entrance to the Citadel cannot be achieved, hence making it impossible to continue with the main story. Can be fixed by reloading the game at the autosave created after leaving Taft Tunnels.
- The scientists may not spawn properly as the player follows them out of Rivet City. This can be fixed by re-entering the previous location and then going back, but may cause the group to be broken up as they travel.
- When you return to the rotunda after Enclave arrives, Janice may not be inside when the door shuts. This causes the script to freeze when Colonel is supposed to shoot her. Loading from saved game prior to entering Rotunda does not seem to help in this case. However, if you quickly exit Rotunda and re-enter before dialog gets very far, Janice will appear in her proper place, allowing the game to continue. Another fix is to use the console to kill Janice.
- Sometimes, Dr. Li will stay near the entrance to Taft Tunnel and refuse to progress to the Citadel. This can be remedied by using the console to disable then enable Doctor Li.
- If there is a dead super mutant in the Jefferson Memorial doorway, the entire team will enter the building except for James/Dad, who stand in front of the Project Purity entrance in the wasteland and tells the player they need to go to Project Purity. This bug stops the quest and game from being able to be completed. Beating him there and moving the body out of the way appears to resolve the issue.
- If the player tells Doctor Li to lead the way, she may get stuck at a certain point and not move. This can be fixed by killing Doctor Li and entering the sub-basement while she is dead. Wait 1 game hour the go back to the gift shop and Doctor Li will have entered the tunnel.
- Enclave officer who runs by will sometimes freeze the game. After turning the valve to drain the intake pipes and the Vertibird has landed, killing the
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The arrival of The Enclave.
Col. Autumn confronting James
Col. Autumn injects himself with a mysterious solution while James collapses in the background.