We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
We Will All Go Together
We Will All Go Together
Thank you, every tag you bring me is one more soldier at peace.”— First Sergeant Astor, Fallout: New Vegas
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Camp Searchlight used to be a New California Republic stronghold, before Caesar's Legion set off a dirty bomb in the camp. First Sergeant Astor wants the ghoulified soldiers who went feral to be put out their misery and their dog tags returned.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Collect the irradiated NCR dogtags from ten ghoulified NCR troopers within Camp Searchlight.
- Nine ferals are roaming around town.
- The last dogtag is on Private Kyle Edwards who is hiding inside a Searchlight home southeast the chapel on the west side of town. Edwards' dogtag can be picked off his corpse after being killed, pickpocketed off him, or acquired through a Speech check of 60 or a Strength check of 7. Alternatively, he reveals that he is too afraid of the radscorpions outside to leave. Refer to Arachnophobia for more details on this option.
- Once all irradiated dogtags have been found, return to First Sergeant Astor.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Collect Dog Tags from ghoul NCR troopers within Camp Searchlight and take them to First Sergeant Astor.|
|2||All ghoul dog tags found, return to First Sergeant Astor.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The general vicinity east of Camp Searchlight - as far north as the Coyote Mines to as far south as the outskirts of the Searchlight Airport - is patrolled by respawning feral ghoul NCR troopers of various types. These ghouls do not carry dogtags, but roam nearby enough that they may register on a player's compass. Their misleading proximity can lead a player away from the ghouls that are actually related to the quest.
- If the player has not already convinced Edwards to hand over his dogtags via conversation prior to suggesting a place for him to go, Edwards will drop his dogtags on the floor in the Searchlight house just before leaving. The dogtags will be marked as owned, but looting them will not trigger a karma loss.
- The player is not given the option to inform Astor that Edwards is not feral (and can thus cannot discuss places where he can go) until Edwards has been informed that the radscorpions are dead and the player has offered to talk to Astor for him.
- If Edwards rejoins Astor, Edwards will not go on patrols with him. Instead, Edwards will remain at the Camp Searchlight tent and defend it against random Caesar's Legion patrols encountered on the road or behind the Camp Searchlight tent.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- The quest title is a cultural reference to "We Will All Go Together When We Go" by Tom Lehrer. The lyrics for the song talk about the inevitably total devastation of nuclear war in a darkly humorous manner with a light upbeat melody.
- It also alludes to the film Saving Private Ryan.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If all 10 dogtags are acquired before informing Edwards that the radscorpions are dead and offering to talk to Astor, the option to explain to Astor that Edwards is not feral (and subsequently discuss where he can go) will not appear. This may prevent Edwards from being able to rejoin Astor or learn about Ranger station Echo. This most notably includes the case that the player convinces Edward to hand over his dogtags in the middle of the conversation that results from informing him that the radscorpions are dead.
- Occasionally, Edwards won't present any special dialogue options (intimidation, attacking Astor, etc.) when spoken to, and his dogtag will not be in his inventory if he is killed. This may prevent completion of the quest.