The weapon repair kit is a consumable item in Fallout: New Vegas.
The weapon repair kit, when used, restores the condition of the player's currently-equipped weapon, similar to the alien epoxy from Mothership Zeta. The weapon must be equipped in order for the repair kit to work, therefore weapon kits cannot repair broken weapons. While the effect of one kit may not completely repair a weapon, applying multiple kits one after the other (regardless of Repair skill) can increase a weapon's condition to 100%.
||0 - 24
||25 - 49
||50 - 74
||75 - 99
Other than being crafted, weapon repair kits can be found in the following places;
- The dropbox in the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker spawns 100 Sierra Madre chips and 1 voucher (worth 1000 chips) every 3 days, allowing the player to buy 55 Weapon Repair Kits every 3 days making this an invaluable source for the kits, provided they found the Vending machine code.
- In the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker in the main room on a metal shelf.
- In Jacobstown, in the Jacobstown lodge take the right hand stairs down the hall to the last room on the right side before the bathroom; on the middle shelf near some communications-electronic equipment.
- In Goodsprings, in Victor's shack, on the table in front of you when you first enter.
- At the Gun Runners on a shelf, for sale.
- The Gun Runners also sell the materials to make it on the workbench.
- At Mojave Outpost, given by Jackson after completing the quest Can You Find it in Your Heart?.
- In The Brotherhood of Steel Safehouse.
- In the Searchlight fire station, on a shelf on the first floor, the same room you enter into when you first zone in.
- In Jean Sky Diving to the right of the set of lockers.
- In Southern Nevada Wind Farm on top of a shelf.
- At the Nipton general store, on the bottom of a tipped over shelf next to Boxcars.
- At Mesquite Mountains Crater in Hell's Motel, on top of the wooden shelf nearest to the door, next to a D.C. Journal of Internal Medicine.
- The Boomer Munitions Manager in the Mess hall & munitions storage at Nellis Air Force Base sells up to 5 kits (average: 2, refilled every 3–4 days) if you have a positive reputation with the Boomers.
- One is at Jack Rabbit Springs by the skeleton and two metal poles near the pools of radiation.
- The super mutant camp in the northeast corner of the map, north of The Devil's Throat. If the trait Wild Wasteland has been taken, this location is next to The One.
- One can be found in a police car at the Poseidon gas station. There are also 2 Duct tape and a skill magazine. However, only one of these items can be grabbed, as the disturbance caused by grabbing one forces the other items under the car, making them disappear. If one leaves the area and returns later, additional items may be taken.
- Prior to patch 220.127.116.114, the recipe required an additional 1 scrap metal, 1 wonderglue, and 1 wrench.
- If you unequip your weapon and become totally unarmed then use the weapon repair kit, a little amount of health will be restored.
- .357 magnum revolver with an HD cylinder) will cause the weapon's health to decrease, if the weapons health is above the original health level. This is caused by a specific function (SetWeaponHealthPerc) not properly accounting for added health.
Using a Weapon Repair Kit on any weapon with a durability mod installed (such as a Oddly, when the weapon repair kit is used, the sound effect is the same as reading a skill book or magazine, instead of the typical repair sound effect as one might expect.