Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fallout 3 locations project
The weapons lab is a location on board Mothership Zeta.
Background[edit | edit source]
The weapons lab is used to conduct research on alien weapon technology, either improving upon already developed weaponry or creating new weapons altogether.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The weapons lab facility is located on the upper level of Mothership Zeta through a door leading from the observation deck. As the name indicates, the lab is the place where alien weapons are being created, thus you can find many standard weapons as well as several unique versions of these weapons.
After passing through the door near the teleporter that has inconveniently been deactivated, you will enter a large room. Immediately, you should notice two alien turrets firing at you from the ceiling. Additionally, a couple of aliens and a guardian drone inhabit this room. If you head southwest, you can find a small room on the right (open it via the control panel just next to it) that holds the atomic pulverizer, which is a slightly upgraded version of the alien atomizer.
Continue through this passageway, and you will come to a three-way intersection. Left is a blocked passageway, right goes to a flight of stairs. Go up the stairs and then take the first left. You will find yourself on the platform from which the aliens you first encountered in this room were targeting you. On this level there is a healing archway to the left and a control panel for opening up the next area. After activating the control panel, go south down a set of stairs from the platform and then proceed to a another alien/drone-infested room via the east door. Continue on until you enter a room full of weapons and armor for the taking.
This is also the only place where experimental weapons drones can be found. Outside of the experimental drone room, the control panel for the alien captive recorded log 24 can be found. After your shopping spree, you can go through a door to the north and explore a range/training area, which allows you to receive Xenotech Expert perk. But to move onward with the mission, go to the southeast door into the experimentation lab.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Alien power cells in the room with other human and alien technology consisting of several ordinary alien weapons and a Gatling laser, amongst others.
- Destabilizer (unique version of alien disintegrator) on a shelf in the training area, next to exit (B on the map).
- Atomic pulverizer (unique version of alien atomizer), as well as a buttercup toy, in the room behind unlockable door in one of corridors (D on the map).
- Alien power cells are inside the room with the atomic pulverizer. They are laying next to it.
- Two drone cannon Ex-Bs (unique drone cannon), obtainable by killing the experimental weapons drones (C on the map).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This is one of many areas of the ship that will not be accessible after the player has completed the main (This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough...) quest.
- In the first room you can find a teddy bear and a garden gnome sleeping in tiny stasis chambers, they're on a small balcony near the ceiling.
- If you activate a guardian drone, it will do the killing for you at the range.
- This is a very good location for earning lots of XP and easy leveling.
- It is not possible to access the part of the "firing range" where the raiders etc. teleport in - you can only shoot at them from the balcony above. This is likely intentional, as this would otherwise be a very easy way of acquiring infinite amounts of weapons and ammunition.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- There is a bug with the shooting range: if you continuously press the spawn button a lot of albino radscorpions will spawn and kill the raiders. If you keep pressing the button, more albinos come along. Eventually the radscorpions will start glitching about getting on top of the cover blocks. If you press it again, an albino radscorpion will spawn in front of you which will probably result in death since the amount of them combined with their Strength and Endurance will be almost surely overwhelming.
- raiders, combat shotgun, glitched twice). Pressing the spawn button repeatedly, may glitch creatures or items to the top (i.e.