Wendigo Cave is a location in Fallout 76.
Background[edit | edit source]
This maze-like cave is, apparently, one of the original sites infested by wendigos, following the banishment of the Gourmands' leaders from the raiders.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The cave is a mandatory stop during Key to the Past and quickly proves to be a deathly maze of claustrophobic, poorly lit corridors filled with a variety of monsters, including ghouls, mirelurks, and of course, wendigos. The confusing layout can be made a little saner by remembering that the cavern is shaped roughly like the letter B.
- The entrance lies to the southeast. Major points of interest include the wendigo chamber in the northernmost chamber, which also includes the location's steamer trunk, a power armor spawn point at the central tunnel that runs east to west (can't miss it, it has a large drop, a stair in the center), and a large chamber that runs north to south on the western side of the cave, which includes plenty of enemy spawns.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Holotapes and Notes
- Wendigo Cave - Soldier's Story: The holotape is near the deceased soldiers in the first large chamber.
- Gourmands Key Fragment: The holotape is on the progenitor wendigo that spawns during the mission Key to the Past.
- Edie's Note: The note is on a sleeping bag in the large chamber past the mirelurks with the waterfall.
- Morris's End: The holotape is on a rock by the sleeping bags in the large chamber past the mirelurks with the waterfall.
- Raider's Note: The note is next to the body of a dead raider on a small ledge directly south of the waterfall in the large cavern, around halfway through the cave.
- Potential bobbleheads
- In the cave alcove with the spike floor trap board, two sleeping bags, and skeletons, inside the cave interior.
- In the watery junction cavern with the rock column, between two skeletons, open first aid boxes, and some revolting offal, in a small blue tray container, inside the cave interior.
- At the foot of a rock column, by some Canned Dog Food, near a skeleton in the junction cavern of the cave interior.
- By the chained skeleton with the red bandana, below the shaft of light in the rubble-filled alcove with the metal box, inside the cave interior.
- Potential magazines
- By the skeleton with the cooler, in the tiny alcove (west), in the upper part of the main cavern, above the river.
- By the skull and headless skeleton, near a small pond of dirty water and an ammo box, northwest wall in a small connecting cavern with narrow tunnels to the northwest, north, and southeast.
- Among the pile of bloody human bones, southeast alcove in one of the main junction caverns with the rock column.
- By the headless skeleton with the first aid kit and Rad-X, in the small southeast cave alcove with the orange tool box and wicker basket nearby, off the narrow east-west tunnel with the Bone Chimes.
- Potential power armor
- At the bottom of the "staircase".
- Plans and Recipes
- A randomized plan/recipe spawns near the sleeping bags in one of the trapped antechambers.
- A randomized plan/recipe spawns next to the body of a dead raider on a small ledge directly south of the waterfall in the large cavern, around halfway through the cave.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Canned dog food and other packaged foods, Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Duct tape, cigar box, cigarette, cigar, Blackwater Brew bottle, New River Red Ale bottle, Oak Holler Lager bottle, Old Possum bottle, Pickaxe Pilsner bottle
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Wendigo Cave appears in Fallout 76.