Wheel of Fortune is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
The fall of Camp Searchlight has left a gaping hole in the NCR's battle lines - and opened up an opportunity for unscrupulous merchants to profit. Crimson Caravan Company has decided to make a profit by having Logan and a group of prospectors strip the military camp of weapons and rare parts, so that they can be resold to the Army. Problem is, Logan can't get on with the contract due to the radiation blanketing the town.
- The quest is started by talking to Logan at the Searchlight NCR storage in the basement of the western church. Logan will be rude and brush the player off, until they offer to help. The player will first have to hack the NCR storage database in the room to find Logan and his prospectors some radiation suits to brave the radiation.
- The database mentions shipments redirected at Nipton. Boxcars is the only person there who can clue the player in on what happened to the shipments and will mention overhearing legionaries mention moving shipments into a hidden supply cave north of the town.
- The cave is locked with an Average difficulty lock and contains supplies redirected from the Camp, as well as a radiation suit package on the footlockers. The cave can be found at any point during the game, in fact, and the package can be picked up in advance (though it's not advised, as the game's scripts are prone to bugging out).
- Upon return, Logan will agree to let the player tag along. Dressed in radiation suits, the first stop is the Searchlight police station. To complete the salvage, the player has to collect the following:
- NCR 9mm submachine gun in the right hand jail cell.
- NCR 10mm pistol on the desk in the northwest corner of the office.
- Four NCR computer parts in the office's second and fifth center desks from the left and in the third desk from the left in the semi-circle of three desks in the corner of the office.
- Three NCR frag grenades on the shelf on the east wall of the storage room.
- NCR grenade rifle on the stack of boxes next to the aforementioned shelf.
- Logan will accept the goods and give the player the key to the fire station. More ghouls will spawn outside when the prospectors exit.
- The Searchlight fire station contains the radscorpion queen, which is very unhappy about visitors. It can be fought by using the counter as cover or by jumping on it. Doing so will expose Logan to attacks, but even if he dies, the quest will still complete as normal.
- If Logan survives, then the player will have to pick up the following items upstairs:
- One NCR 9mm submachine gun on the shelves in the room containing the chief fire officer terminal.
- Two NCR frag grenades on the same shelf; two NCR radio parts on the small table in the room with the beds.
- Two NCR computer parts each in two duffle bags in the same room as the radio parts.
- One NCR 10mm pistol on the kitchen table.
- Once the items are turned in to Logan, he decides that the player's usefulness is at an end and attacks together with any surviving prospectors. Once dead, the quest completes and all the salvage is turned into regular, sellable items.
|1|| ||Speak with someone in Nipton about the missing radiation suits.|
|2|| ||Find suits in a nearby cave.|
|3|| ||Return with the suits to Logan.|
|4|| ||Go with Logan to the Police Station.|
|5||Go with Logan to the Fire Station.|
Behind the scenes
- Boxcars bugs out for any reason, such as not displaying the corresponding dialogue options, the player can use the command setstage 0014050D 15 to advance the quest.
If the dialogue with
If Logan is killed, the NCR parts might not be correctly flagged as regular items, forcing the player to keep them in inventory as weightless items. Salvage can be knocked out of position by moving characters or explosions, which may render it unobtainable. Killing Logan and his prospectors is the only way forward.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|