We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Whiskey (Fallout: New Vegas)
|For the various forms of alcohol that appear in the Fallout series of games, see alcohol.|
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage made from fermented grain mash. Drinking it increases Strength and Charisma by one point while lowering Intelligence by the same amount. Whiskey is an addictive beverage. The brand most typically found in the wastes is the Olde Royale premium whiskey.
Whiskey has a slight orange glow to it, although not nearly as bright as Nuka-Cola Victory or Quartz. As with other hard liquor, whiskey provides a minor status boost - increasing Charisma and Strength by one, while reducing Intelligence by one.
As with most alcoholic item in Fallout: New Vegas, whiskey's effects (both positive and negative) are altered by the player's Survival skill, including the Damage Threshold increase provided by the Whiskey Rose perk. With a Survival skill of 100 the player will receive +3 to Charisma and Strength and -3 to Intelligence, as well as +6 to Damage Threshold if the player has the Whiskey Rose perk.
Whiskey can also be used as an ingredient for Party Time Mentats.
Effects of Survival skill
|10||+1 Charisma, -1 Intelligence, +1 Strength, +30 Dehydration||60||+2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength, +55 Dehydration|
|20||+1 Charisma, -1 Intelligence, +1 Strength, +35 Dehydration||70||+2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength, +60 Dehydration|
|30||+1 Charisma, -1 Intelligence, +1 Strength, +40 Dehydration||80||+2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength, +65 Dehydration|
|40||+1 Charisma, -1 Intelligence, +1 Strength, +45 Dehydration||90||+2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength, +70 Dehydration|
|50||+2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength, +50 Dehydration||100||+3 Charisma, -3 Intelligence, +3 Strength, +75 Dehydration|
Whiskey Rose is a perk provided while Cass is serving as a Companion in the player's party. With this perk the penalty to Intelligence for consuming any type of alcohol is eliminated, as are the effects of alcohol addiction. This perk also provides an additional bonus when consuming whiskey, providing a temporary 2-6 point increase (based on Survival skill level) to the player's Damage Threshold.
- Dixon's whiskey - a variant sold by Freeside merchant Dixon. It provides no Charisma boost and a penalty of -2 to Intelligence, and also has a high 50% addiction rate.
- Irradiated whiskey - is, as the name indicates, radioactive. It provides the same basic effects as whiskey with an added 10 rads.
Note: both variants do not provide any increase to Damage Threshold when the player has the Whiskey Rose perk, though their penalties to Intelligence are still negated.
- Francine Garret will stock very large quantitys (sometimes over 30).
- 4 can be found behind the bar at the Ultra-Luxe.
- 19 can be found in the Lucky 38, 8 in the cabinet behind bar in the VIP longue (just underneath the Golden Gloves), 7 in the cabinet behind the bar on the east side of the casino, and another 4 in the Lucky 38 cocktail lounge.
- Restoring Hope - whiskey is needed for part of Restoring Hope by helping Dr. Alex Richards at the Camp Forlorn Hope medical center.
- High Times - whiskey is needed to help Bill Ronte kick his addiction, the character will need a Speech level of 50 - or a Science level of 50, two Fixers, and one whiskey. If the character's Speech and Science levels are too low, then one RadAway will been needed as well, in addition to the Fixer and whiskey.
- Heartache by the Number - tweleve bottles of whiskey can be used to convince Rose of Sharon Cassidy to sell her caravan company to Alice McLafferty.
- If you look closely at the label on the bottle, you can see a picture of Galileo Galilei in the lower right hand corner.
Behind the scenes
- One can safely presume that this is an American whiskey, despite the reference to a monarch, as the English spelling of whiskey lacks an 'e'. Furthermore, Scotch is a protected item and may only come from Scotland, thus eliminating the need for a British whiskey.
- Label on the in-game model