Wild Appalachia is a content drop encompassing additional events, quests, and challenges that will be added to Fallout 76. It is the PvE (Player vs. Environment) equivalent of the Survival mode intended for PvP (Player vs. Player). Wild Appalachia will span the period between March 12 and May 23, adding new quests, new features, and of course, a new mode: Survival. The first patch, called Patch 7 in this series of content, was patch 188.8.131.52 releasing a day late on March 13. Patch 7.5, or patch 184.108.40.206, was released on March 26 and introduced changes to the existing Adventure mode and added Survival mode in beta.
Planned content[edit | edit source]
- Welcome to Wild Appalachia. A mythical beast, a lost generation of scouts, and the strongest brew this side of the wasteland.
- March 12: New Feature - Brewing & Distilling: Discover the secrets of forbidden brew Nukashine and bring new brewing and distilling systems to the CAMP. (Patch 220.127.116.11)
- March 19: New Event - Fasnacht Parade. Join the festivities at Helvetia to chase Old Man Winter away and hasten the arrival of spring. This is a new limited-time event yielding unique new Fasnacht masks.
- March 26: New Mode - Survival. This new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges. (Patch 18.104.22.168)
- April 9: New Quest - Shear Terror! Uncover the 'encryptid' secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New quests: Lying Lowe, Baa Baa Black Sheep, The Lowe-Down, Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, culminating in the repeatable Event: Encryptid.
- New minor quests: Unsolved: Picnic Panic, Unsolved: Death and Taxidermy, Unsolved: Best of Intentions, Unsolved: Tracking Terror
- New unique items: Pearly Peepers, The Fixer
- New locations: Van Lowe Taxidermy
- April 16: New Feature - Camera. New camera functionality: An actual, usable camera for use.
- April 16: New dungeon: The Burrows. A new dungeon located beneath Harper's Ferry, where players follow the trail of an Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel squad sent into the muck below ground.
- May 7: New Feature - Player Vending and CAMP decorating. Build vending machines at CAMPs and use items from the stash for decorations. Pushed back due to technical troubles with implementing player-controlled vendor bots.
- May 7: New Quests and Feature - Ever Upwards! Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts to earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and receive a customizable backpack system for increased utility.
- May 23: New Feature - Legendary Vendor. Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item scrapped, players increase their chances to get the legendary weapon or armor they want.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Content roadmap