The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
A Pitt Slave who has impressive skill with a .32 Pistol, Bill volunteered for the job of Steel Ingot collector after the previous Pitt Slaves failed to return. He knew the odds of returning weren’t favorable but couldn’t see his friends die when he, at least, had a fighting chance.
Wild Bill developed a keen relationship with a fellow slave Milly, as their time in the Mill together was some sort of a bonding experience.
Interactions with the player character
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Wild Bill's Last Stand: Milly is extremely worried about Bill's disappearance and questions the player for any information regarding his whereabouts.
|Worn slave outfit|
|Wild Bill's sidearm|
|Note from Wild Bill|
Drops on death
Behind the scenes
- Wild Bill is a reference to Wild Bill Hickok, an iconic figure from the American Old West period.
- Bill seems to disappear if Milly is killed during the riot.
- YouTube. Bill occasionally seems to disappear completely for no reason, possibly drifting through the wall or floor so he is no longer accessible. PC users can fix this by using the moveto player command, using Wild Bill's ref id. PS3 and Xbox players can also retrieve Wild Bill's sidearm and other belongings by performing an out of map glitch to get to his body. Shown here on
- Depending on how Wild Bill's corpse falls through the wall/floor, you may still not be able to loot him even after using the out of map glitch. The quest should still be completable so long as you can visually see his corpse on your screen.
- Wild Bill might still not show up even after the map glitch, while you might find Wildmen and trogs, Wild Bill is nowhere to be found. There is no known solution to this glitch, making obtaining his firearm and completing the quest impossible.
- Even after locating Wild Bill and retrieving the note, no dialogue options may appear with Milly explaining what happened to Bill, thus rendering the quest unable to be completed.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.103: "Wild Bill (deceased)
A Pitt Slave who has impressive skill with a .32 Pistol, Bill volunteered for the job of Steel Ingot collector after the previous Pitt Slaves failed to return. He knew the odds of returning weren't favorable but couldn't see his friends die when he, at least, had a fighting chance."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)