Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Wild Card: Change in Management
(Redirected from Wild Card:Change in Management)
Wild Card: Change in Management
Time for some changes
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthough[edit | edit source]
- Recover the Platinum chip from Benny by pickpocketing or killing him, either in The Tops or at The Fort.
- Enter the penthouse of the Lucky 38.
- Enter Mr. House's control chamber by accessing using the terminal near the back of the penthouse: this can be done with a Science skill of 75 and hacking the terminal; by using the Lucky 38 VIP keycard found in the H&H Tool Factory or Camp Golf; or by using the Platinum Chip.
- Kill or disable Mr. House.
- Return to Yes Man in The Tops in Benny's suite.
- Return to the Lucky 38 where Yes Man has uploaded his personality into House's mainframe.
- Meet Yes Man in the Lucky 38 basement and watch his demonstration of the upgraded Securitrons.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Kill or Disable Mr. House.|
|2||Recover the Platinum Chip from Benny.|
|3||Return to Yes Man.|
|4||Meet Yes Man at the Lucky 38.|
|5||Install Yes Man's A.I. in the Lucky 38's mainframe.|
|6||Go to the basement of the Lucky 38.|
|7||Observe upgrading of Securitrons.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing this quest results in the Securitrons on the Strip handing out Robert House's obituary, A tragedy has befallen all mankind. In addition, the quest The House Has Gone Bust! will begin and fail simultaneous.
- Completing this quest also triggers the quests Don't Tread on the Bear! and Beware the Wrath of Caesar, putting the Courier on notice that continued efforts with Yes Man will result in hostilities.
- If you initiate a Lucky 38 Executive Override, the Securitrons will not be hostile to you when you activate the terminal to go into Mr. House's chamber.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes Yes Man disappears after killing Mr. House.
- Jane will. Securitrons may not become hostile or only
- After disabling House the objective does not check off which prevents Yes Man from meeting you outside Lucky 38. (Double check that you have selected the option to permanently disable House from all systems on the same console used to wake him from the chamber)
- Sometimes you do not need to have the Lucky 38 VIP Keycard or a Science skill of 50 to activate the terminal; it will be automatically be unlocked.
- Sometimes you will try to access the Penthouse terminal to enter the inner chamber, but it will not trigger. Also sometimes the terminal doesn't open immediately (just beeps) but if you turn away the terminal screen appears wherever you are in the room. It may just require waiting several minutes after using the open command to begin using the terminal.
- If, after informing Mr. House you're keeping the chip no matter what, you leave the Lucky 38 without killing or disabling him (and even if you killed Victor in the ensuing fight) an unarmed Securitron with Victor's face will chase you around the Strip, punching you. He can't follow you into Strip establishments, but people all around you panic as if he were there.
- If you have found and picked up the Lucky 38 VIP Keycard before starting this mission, it may not appear in the player's inventory.
- You discover Yes Man after you have killed both Benny and Mr. House, as well as destroyed the Securitron bunker, and you tell Yes Man about your actions (it may not matter if you say anything). A flashing waypoint will lead you to Yes Man once you leave dialogue. You cannot enter a dialogue, but Yes Man tells you he can't wait to get into the mainframe. Completing the quest Wild Card: Side Bets may resolve this bug.
- If you're trying to stay on good terms with all factions until late in the game to get all 4 endings, there is an issue when trying to complete Caesars Legion quest lines. When you go to kill Mr House for Caesar, if you also have the quest from Yes Man to kill Mr House then Caesar see this as hostility towards them. If you've already got the mark of Caesar you won't be able to enter his tent without being attacked no matter how sneaky you are. Killing Yes Man also glitches and doesn't remove his quest from your Pip-Boy.