Fallout 3 locations project
Wilhelm's Wharf, or Captain Paglia Dockside Bar & Grill, is a small wharf with a shack in the Capital Wasteland, found by following the river southeast from the Super-Duper Mart. It is inhabited by Grandma Sparkle.
Background[edit | edit source]
Wilhelm's Wharf was a small recreational harbor on the shores of the Potomac River in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Abandoned in the wake of the Great War, it was claimed by Grandma Sparkle circa 2277 as a local trading outpost. She mans it alone, while her two sons hunt for mirelurk meat along the river.
Layout[edit | edit source]
The shack hugs the bulge of Potomac River with access to the bitumen road to the southwest. Four tables and eight chairs remain intact in the yard. Inside the shack itself is a cabinet with a random assortment of loot.
The outhouse is at the end of brick pavement along the Potomac; behind the outhouse lies a drainage culvert with a damaged grate that leads to the Hubris Comics utility tunnels.
A sunken boat with some boxes of medicine and ammunition can be found in the waters nearby.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Entering Sparkle's house is considered trespassing, and taking anything from the house will result in negative karma.
- There are a few sunken boats just off the docks. Dogmeat can be ordered to retrieve the items located there.
- In Broken Steel, if the Lone Wanderer does not aid or kill Split Jack and his bandits, they will kill Grandma Sparkle.
- Inside of the house is a bed that is not owned, but because being inside the house is seen as trespassing, it is impossible to sleep in it.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Wilhelm's Wharf appears only in Fallout 3.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- A raider armed with a combat shotgun will spawn randomly outside the wharf. The raider may be respawned by going back into the shack and exiting again.
- Talon Company mercs may spawn here upon fast travel, they will not engage Grandma Sparkle, only the player.
- Sometimes if the player chooses to kill Split Jack, the other bandits will flee. When returning to Whilhelm's Wharf, they will not be hostile unless spoken to.