In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
If you come across any schematics in the Wasteland, you'll be able to construct its contents on this specially designed table.”— Wadsworth
The workbenches in the Capital Wasteland and Mojave Wasteland are used to create custom weapons, with those found in the Mojave also allowing the crafting of additional items and the recycling and conversion of Energy Weapons ammunition.
Workbenches found throughout the Capital Wasteland and Mojave Wasteland are utility work stations comprising of a two level wooden work table with a metal surface, a rotating bench vise and a pipe or yoke vise. They facilitate the unique feature of crafting homemade weapons and explosives from various junk items and world objects. Most workbenches found will have several tools (and in the Capital Wasteland often a bottlecap mine) on the work surface or lower shelf.
In Fallout: New Vegas, along with the crafting of weapons, workbenches also enable the creation of health items and weapon repair kits, the "recycling" of residual expended flame and energy ammunition into fresh ammunition, and the "conversion" of energy ammunition into other types of energy ammunition and their variants. Also in Fallout: New Vegas workbenches are joined by reloading benches and campfires, with each offering different crafting options.
- Megaton - Inside Craterside Supply.
- Rivet City - In the Market, and in The Capitol Preservation Society.
- Rivet City Bow - Where Horace Pinkerton is. on the second floor.
- Meresti station - The Family's hideout.
- Jocko's Pop & Gas Stop - northwest of Tenpenny Tower, in the shack.
- RobCo Facility - northeast of Tenpenny Tower.
- Upper level of one of the SatCom Array facilities.
- In your house/apartment, after purchasing the My First Workbench item from Moira Brown/Lydia Montenegro.
- In the Taft Tunnel from the Jefferson Memorial to the Citadel, located in a side passage. Note: The area around this workbench is radioactive.
- Hamilton's hideaway - in the east room.
- Jury Street Metro Station - Inside, protected by three raiders.
- Evergreen Mills Bazaar - Smiling Jack has a workbench in the northwest alcove of his store.
- Falls Church metro, in the Franklin Metro Utility room.
- Mechanist's Lair
- Bethesda Ruins - 3rd floor of Bethesda East building.
- MDPL-13 Power Station - Substation shack.
- MDPL-16 Power Station - Substation shack.
- Old Olney - in the Sewers.
- Greener Pastures Disposal Site - Against the south wall inside the Office building.
- Canterbury Commons - In Dominic and Machete's house.
- Little Lamplight - In the great chamber.
- Fort Independence - In the lower level.
- On the top floor of a destroyed raider-occupied building, northwest of the Arlington Library.
- Underworld - In Underworld Outfitters shop run by Tulip. The Underworld is in the main concourse in the Museum of History.
- National Guard depot - One level below the floor you enter on, by a desk. Go down the stairs on the left as soon as you enter.
- Paradise Falls - Inside Lock and Load on the left side of the shop when you walk in.
- In the basement of Arlington House.
- Red Racer Factory - Bottom floor of the big central room
Fallout 3 add-ons
- Mobile Base Crawler — Behind the repulsion field when you first enter it. (Broken Steel add-on).
- Jury Street Metro Station — In the back of Hank's Electrical Supply, which is occupied by Raiders. (Broken Steel add-on).
- Chinese intelligence bunker — Under the aviary next to Calvert Mansion (Point Lookout add-on).
- Trapper's Shack — Inside the cellar (Point Lookout add-on).
- The Pitt Underground — right by the access door to The Pitt Underground near the entrance to the courtyard in front of Haven (The Pitt add-on).
- Engineering Core — At the 2nd level where you first enter. (Mothership Zeta add-on).
- The Bridge — Mothership Zeta, first time you enter the bridge its to the right, in the Captain's Quarters.
Fallout: New Vegas
- Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker - in Elijah's old room, next to a reloading bench.
- Brotherhood of Steel safehouse - inside on the left, along with a reloading bench.
- Cerulean Robotics - next to a reloading bench and the protectron for the quest Wang Dang Atomic Tango.
- Crimson Caravan Company - next to the building southeast of the water tower.
- REPCONN Test Site - One is in the launch pad viewing room with Chris Haversam, in the basement.
- Goodsprings General Store - On the right side (exterior), along with a reloading bench.
- Gun Runners - 3 of them are inside main warehouse, where workers are constructing weapons.
- Harper's Shack - Just a little west of Ranger Station Charlie.
- Lucky 38 Presidential Suite - One can be bought from the pc at the presidential suite in the Lucky 38. It will be placed in the kitchen.
- Michael Angelo's Workshop - 3 workbenches here.
- Nellis Air Force Base - East in the workshop, the middle of three small hangars. with a reloading bench.
- NCR Correctional Facility - just to the left after exiting visitors center, courtyard side.
- Novac - One in the Poseidon Gas Station Garage, another just slightly Southwest of No-Bark Noonan's Shack, and another in Gibson's Scrapyard in the Garage.
- Raul's Shack
- REPCONN - Two can be found in REPCONN Research Labs top floor of REPCONN.
- Silver Peak Mine - Inside the room on the left, with the entrance door to the mine.
- Sloan - Machine Shop, on the left side.
- Southern Nevada Wind Farm - in the Maintenance Shack.
- Veronica Santangelo - Can act as a workbench through dialog options.
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money add-on
- Villa - In a room under an awning on the north side of the Villa, north-west of the entrance to Salida del Sol; the room is just west of a metal gate.
- Villa Clinic - in the basement.
- Sierra Madre Resort & Casino - In the Executive Suites level. South of entering level but must walk around to unlock the door.
- Sierra Madre Resort & Casino - In the Cantina Madrid. On your right after entering from the casino back hall.
Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts add-on
- Cueva Guarache - After Joshua Graham leaves his original campsite at Angel Cave, this is one of the few workbench sites in Zion Canyon.