Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Each crate contains random loot created by two checks against a random loot table. Each check results in one of 25 different items or item sets, which mostly include crafting ingredients and drained Energy Weapons ammunition, but also all skill books that do not improve combat skills. The random loot of this container is the only source of additional skill books in Honest Hearts.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Closest map marker||Location description|
|Angel Cave||To the right of Joshua Graham.|
|Cueva Guarache||In the Survivalist's room.|
|Fallen Rock Cave||In the same room as the Compliance Regulator.|
|Stone Bones Cave||In the same room as the Desert Ranger combat armor.|
Contents[edit | edit source]
Two checks of:
- 4% chance of creating a
- Big Book of Science (BB)
- 4% chance of 2 checks of one of:
- Chances for a variable amount of drained ammunition (except for the last entry, every unit of drained ammunition has a 25% chance to not appear at all):
- 4%: 12 checks of 11 Drained flamer fuel tank or 15 Drained microfusion cell or 20 Drained small energy cell
- 6%: 1 check of either nothing (25%) or: 8 Drained flamer fuel tank or 11 Drained microfusion cell or 15 Drained small energy cell
- 4%: 2 checks of 6 Drained flamer fuel tank or 8 Drained microfusion cell or 11 Drained small energy cell
- 6%: 1 check of either nothing (25%) or: 6 Drained flamer fuel tank or 8 Drained microfusion cell or 11 Drained small energy cell
- 4%: 5 Drained flamer fuel tank
- 4%: 5 Drained electron charge pack
- 4%: 1 Drained microfusion cell
- 4%: 5 Drained small energy cell
- 2%: 1 Drained small energy cell
- Chances for all other items:
- Chance to get nothing whatsoever from a single check:
Below are some useful approximate chances derived from the information above (may contain errors):
- 3.33%: Empty crate
- 84.64%: No skill books
- 8%: Two or more skill books
- 0.16%: Four skill books
- 9.87%: One or more copies of Big Book of Science
- 2.11%: One or more copies of a specific skill book other than Big Book of Science along with any other skill book
- 0.38%: Two or more copies of Big Book of Science
- 0.17%: Two or more copies of a specific skill book other than Big Book of Science
- 0.00001%: Four specific skill books or copies
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Workbench crates use the metal box model from Fallout: New Vegas.
- Chances for all items are taken and derived from the GECK.
- Entering a cave containing a workbench crate for the first time permanently sets its content, which is irreversible without loading a save game prior to entering the specific cave or using the console, selecting it, and typing "resetinventory".