X-17 meteorological station
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
X-17 meteorological station
Layout[edit | edit source]
The entrance leads into a small office area, with an exit leading into a large warehouse. The warehouse perimeter, catwalks and staircases are patrolled by a unique Mister Gutsy robot named Ironbelly as well as a number of Mister Gutsies Mk4 and Mk5s.
On a raised central platform a small scale model of Higgs Village can be found. There is also a lab containing a terminal which can initiate a weather test, causing rain to fall on the model village. Once the weather test has been performed the dirt underneath the model is washed away to reveal a soggy duffle bag which contains random loot. Activating the weather test will also activate the fountain inside Higgs Village.
On the east wall of the warehouse is an elevator which leads to the roof. On the roof is a large container, a table, several filing cabinets, and several Y-17 trauma override harnesses.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The unique Mister Gutsy Ironbelly carries several rare protonic inversal throwing axes.
- Snow globe - Big Mt. Research and Development Center and mad scientist scrubs are found in the lab adjacent to the model village.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Next to the front door to the facility, an Old World Flag has been painted in blue, presumably by Ulysses. Inside the control room for the weather test, a second Old World Flag in blue is painted on the floor in front of the map on the wall (see note below). There is a targeting reticule on the map that marks a spot 8 rows down from the top and 4 columns in from the left.
- A map found in the facility shows the Divide. Elijah mentions that Ulysses was interested in the X-17 meteorological station, and a terminal outside the Y-0 research center mentions an experiment that went terribly awry near Hopeville. It is possible that Ulysses is interested in how the violent storms of the Divide came to be, and perhaps how to stop them.
- On one wall of the facility, there is a faded poster that seems to be for a movie or a book, entitled "Ralphie, The Robot's Incredible Odyssey!" It shows an eyebot similar but not identical to ED-E between the upper bodies of a hawk-nosed military man and a civilian, possibly a woman. The same poster appears in the bedroom in The Sink.
- Southeast of X-17, on the path towards Signal Hills transmitter, there is a filing cabinet with an Old World flag painted on the side in red (as noted above, it is assumed that Ulysses put it there).
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- It is possible to get permanently stuck if you move into a spot between the miniature houses with some miniature trees behind you. You will be unable to move or jump out. The only way to escape is to reload a save.