Y-17 master trauma harness
Merge suggested (Merge the background with the main page)
It has been suggested that (parts of) this page or section should be merged with another page. (discuss)
Image needed (The actual robot)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
Y-17 master trauma harness
Background[edit | edit source]
The harness was designed at Big MT's Y-17 medical facility with autonomous casualty recovery in mind. The suit tracks the vital functions of the user and, once a certain injury threshold is reached, it takes over the motor functions of the user and walks them to the designated home base. It is a miracle of research, employing intelligent fibers and artificial muscle, rather than the crude hydraulics that dominated military technology back in 2077.
However, due to the prototypical status of these suits, they suffer from several major issues. First, if a home base is not defined, the suits enter an unpredictable wander state. Second, while it is possible to calibrate the upper injury threshold for the override to kick in, the sensors cannot detect if the user is still alive. Third, the suits record all user movements and can effectively "learn" to replicate their shooting and fighting reflexes, but lack any IFF software. All of these issues combined have led to them breaking out of the Big MT's research facilities and wreaking havoc around the crater.
With no defined home base and no ability to detect the death of the users, the suits acted as mobile coffins: soldiers and researchers trapped inside had no ability to shut them down and were forced to suffer a slow, agonizing death. Even after two centuries, the suits, still carrying the bones of their original users, continue to function, scouring the Big MT of undesirables.
The master trauma harness worn by a Mr. Harris, a researcher of the X-12 research center, malfunctioned before the war as he choked on a buffalo gourd seed. The harness began attacking other employees, who were forced to seek assistance from X-8 researchers. However, while the researchers tried to subdue the berserk harness, the person carrying the K9000 slipped and dropped it. Unarmed, the team had to flee, but not before sealing the X-12 research center with a forcefield. For two centuries, the harness was kept beneath the forcefield, armed with the K9000.
Interactions with the player character[edit | edit source]
Interactions overview[edit | edit source]
|This character has no special interactions.|
Inventory[edit | edit source]
|K9000 cyberdog gun|
Drops on death
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Y-17 master trauma harness is the only source of a K9000 cyberdog gun besides the Think Tank.
- The harness has a very similar appearance to the space suit, but without gloves. Sometimes, it even has a helmet.
- Despite the lack of gloves, the suit is somehow able to manipulate the hands of its dead occupant and use them to operate weapons. Also head shots do extra damage like with most living creatures, but the head is only a dried skull. This may have been an oversight by the game developers.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Make up Your Mind or after completion of Old World Blues They may not respawn after completion of
- A head shot on the variation without the glass dome over the skull may still result in graphics of glass shattering from the skull.
- The master trauma harness may glitch and cross the forcefield in the Y-17 medical facility. This allows the player to obtain the K-9000 before being able to remove forcefields.