Y-17 medical facility
Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Y-17 medical facility
Background[edit | edit source]
This facility was the foreground for the development of the Y-17 trauma override harness, a revolutionary new technology for the war effort, allowing a variety of actions to be undertaken by the suit itself after being "trained" using neuro-auto-muscular movements. Despite problematic functions, it was one of the tests those imprisoned at Little Yangtze would have to endure. It also served as a development ground for Big MT-specialized variations on the Auto-Doc line, (specifically the Mark IXs) and the Innovative Toxins research. Staffed partially by Mister Orderlys this facility was was however also staffed by living, breathing, and thinking doctors, as well as trauma harnesses.
Long after the Great War, Christine Royce was patched up by one of the Mk IX Auto-Docs, recording a holotape after she had awoken from the operation. However, she was then saved by Ulysses, who then took her to Ulysses' Point for further treatment. Ulysses also took quite a few still-functioning holotapes from the facility, later having Christine fix a recorder in order to use them.
Layout[edit | edit source]
Y-17 is directly southwest of the X-8 research center. The facility consists of a large main room, consisting of two levels, and a side room. The main room is filled with computers and desks surrounding a buried and inoperative Auto-Doc (most probably Mark IX or a prototype model) in a lowered area, in the center of the room. A unique robot named Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS patrols the floor.
The side room is blocked by a force field which can be disabled with an upgraded sonic emitter. Upon taking the sterilizer glove from the console in the side room, three lobotomites will spawn at the entrance of the facility.
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant C-13 holotape is located on a desk on the lower level, in front of a destroyed terminal.
- The Sink Project: Auto-Doc holotape is located on a desk on the upper-most level of the facility.
- There is a Sterilizer glove in the force field protected side room.
- Christine's COS recon armor can be found near the wreckage in the center of the main room upon entry.
- A Stealth Boy can be found next to Christine's armor.
- The Auto-Doc Upgrade: Cosmetic Enchancements holotape is located on a cabinet on the middle level catwalk of the facility.
- Valence radii-accentuator can be found on the body of Doctor Orderly MD PHD DDS.
- Patient Log Y-17.0 can be found in the room to the right next to the torn off cage door.
Related quests[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One of the cells in the side room contains a small Brotherhood of Steel logo; this was likely Christine's cell during her stay in the facility.
- There is a terminal upstairs that talks about the Cloud being released in Sierra Madre.
- The front door of Y-17 is marked with an Old World Flag painted in red, by Ulysses.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Fast traveling to the facility will cause the game to freeze.
- Pressing right while crouched against the wall at the entrance will cause the player to phase through it, falling into the void. The character will reappear inside the jail cells on the other side of the force field. Without the sonic emitter upgrade the player is stuck.