Split suggested (Overview?)
It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
To meet The Vault's quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving the article.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
You're SPECIAL! is a children's book published and written for children by Vault-Tec. This book identifies the seven key attributes that are viewed the most desirable in a Vault resident. The attributes are as in order Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck (S.P.E.C.I.A.L.). Each of the attribute is given a brief description.
This book is the first opportunity the player has for building their character's personality and skills. Each of the attributes is assigned initially five (5) points. There is an additional five (5) points for distributing across the attributes. This gives a total of forty (40) points (5*7=35 points + 5 points=40 points) that can be distributed into the attributes. The maximum number of points allotted to an attribute is ten (10) points, while the minimum is one (1).
- "S is for Strength, and that means I am strong! I can carry lots of toys and swing stuff all day long!"
- "P is for Perception, a long funny word! It means what I tasted, smell, saw and heard!"
- "E is for Endurance, and that's how long I can play! I'm always really healthy, and have energy all day!"
- "C is for Charisma, it's why people think I'm great! I make my friends all laugh and smile, and never want to hate!"
- "I is for Intelligence, it means I'm really smart! I use my brain for lots of stuff, like science, math and art!"
- "A is for Agility, that's how I get around! I move real fast and easy, and I never make a sound!"
- "L is for Luck, and it's simple, you see! It means that good things always happen to me!"
- Fallout 3
- Fallout 4
- This book is vital to the game as it enables you to choose your skills. It also is part of the first quest in the game so it cannot be missed.