You Can Depend on Me is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Alice McLafferty needs some errands done for the Crimson Caravan Company.
- Talk to Alice McLafferty in the Crimson Caravan Company office.
- Deliver the Crimson Caravan invoice to Dr. Thomas Hildern at his office in the Camp McCarran Concourse.
- Convince Rose of Sharon Cassidy to sell her caravan. See Heartache by the Number for more details.
- Convince Henry Jamison to quit. He is gambling away his "earnings" at the Atomic Wrangler Casino.
- Without any skill checks, he can be convinced to quit, earning the Courier 300 caps (400 with a Barter of 50).
- A high reputation with the New California Republic convinces him to quit as well.
- With a Speech check of 50, he can be convinced to quit, earning the Courier 500 caps.
- Using the Terrifying Presence perk will intimidate him into quitting.
- Simply kill Jameson.
- While convincing Jameson to quit, one can optionally grab the Gun Runners' manufacturing specifications.
- Sneak into the Gun Runners' compound and grab the information off a terminal in the back. There is a shift change between 10:00 and 11:00 PM which could be useful in getting into the compound undetected.
- Return to McLafferty.
|1|| ||Deliver the Crimson Caravan invoice to Doctor Hildern at Camp McCarran.|
|2|| ||Return to [Alice McLafferty and let her know you've delivered the invoice.|
|3|| ||Alice McLafferty, owner of the Crimson Caravan Company, has additional jobs available.|
|4|| ||(Optional) Acquire the Gun Runner's secret manufacturing specifications from their factory.|
|5|| ||Hand the Gun Runners' manufacturing specifications over to Alice McLafferty.|
|6|| ||Convince Henry Jamison to quit his position at the Crimson Caravan Company.|
|7|| ||Let Alice McLafferty know that Henry Jamison's employment has been terminated.|
- If you complete the fourth objective it may affect the ending of "Heartache by the Number" if you solved it the non-violent way.
- There Stands the Grass" quest, Doctor Hildern might glitch and not accept your parcel. In this case, the console command setstage 000EDB37 15 will complete first stage, and allow you to progress. In the case of the Xbox 360 and PS3 for which this bug also exists, there is no known way to correct the lack of an option to give Dr Hildern the invoice.
If you have completed "
Sometimes Henry Jamison may have no dialogue options, just "bye".
When you complete this quest and hand in the Gun Runners weapons schematics, a lot of items/weapons/apparel will disappear from your inventory.
- During the first leg of the quest, Doctor Hildern may never appear, though he does show up on the compass. To force him to spawn in front of you, open the console and type prid 000e8f67 and then moveto player.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|