Young Hearts is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
A Boomer and a caravaneer are madly in love, but need help being together.
- Talk to Jack at the Nellis Hangars about what is troubling him. A Speech check of 35, the Confirmed Bachelor perk, or the Black Widow perk is necessary for him to open up.
- Travel to the Crimson Caravan Company and talk to Janet,
- Return to Nellis AFB and talk to Pearl. She can be convinced to let Janet in with a Speech check of 50, or by completing the quest Ant Misbehavin'.
- Talk to Jack again.
- Return to the Crimson Caravan Company and ask Janet to put on the Boomers' outfit.
- Talk to Alice McLafferty to get Janet out of her contract. She will lose her wages, but can retain them with a Barter check of 65 or a Speech check of 75.
- Talk to Janet and let her know her contract has been nulled.
- Return back to the Nellis Air Force Base and talk to Janet or Jack.
|1|| ||Find Jack's love interest.|
|2|| ||Ask Pearl for permission for Janet to enter Nellis.|
|3|| ||Tell Jack that Janet is interested in him.|
|4|| ||Take the Boomer Outfit to Janet.|
|5|| ||Speak to Alice McLafferty on behalf of Janet.|
|6|| ||Let Janet know McLafferty agreed to pay her.|
|7|| ||Meet Janet back at Nellis.|
|8||Return to Jack.|
- Volare! before this quest, and talk to Janet, it is possible to return to Nellis and not be able to find Jack, but have a quest marker pointing to a spot in the hangar with the new B-29 bomber. Jack is actually 'stuck' in the old hangar with the broken B-29 pieces, and can only be reached by using player.moveto 000ff268. After you move to him, you can follow him outside of the hangar. He will then re-enter into the new hangar.
If you accept this quest, but complete the quest
- Black Mountain and HELIOS One. The hill that they stand on is entirely out of reach of the player, and you will be unable to complete the quest without the use of console commands. It is still possible to end the quest by shooting them from a distance, but impossible to complete successfully.
After speaking with Alice about releasing Janet's contract, Janet will begin to run towards Nellis AFB, where the quest directs you to speak with Jack again. If you fast travel to Nellis AFB to speak with Jack, he will not be there. Instead, both he and Janet will move to a hill near
- Heartache by the Number quest by killing Van Graff and McLafferty, Jack might not be at Nellis AFB at all.
If the player has obtained Cass as companion, and done her
- player.additem 00107AF3 1.
Sometimes the Boomer outfit is not added to your inventory. This completes Jack's quest requirements, however, leaves you only two options, lie (negative karma) or end conversation. This can be fixed in the console by the
If you accept this quest, and continue with Boomer missions, but do not follow up on this unmarked quest, Janet will not appear. Jack and McLaffrey will no longer have the dialogues to support the quest. The quest will appear closed, yet it will be unchecked in the Pip-Boy menu.
- Sometimes, after you give the Boomer outfit to Janet, and she starts running towards Nellis, if you fast travel to Nellis AFB, you will arrive before Janet does, and Janet will die before reaching you. It turns out that Janet meets a physics glitch when running through a ruined building and is launched up into the sky, then is killed when she lands. This can be avoided by standing on the spot that causes Janet to glitch, forcing her to move around the player.
|Act 1||Ain't That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!|
|Act 2||Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings' Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You'll Know It When It Happens/Arizona Killer|
|Act 3||No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!|
|Other||Come Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of Fortune|
|Companion quests||ED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin' But a Hound Dog · One For My Baby|
|Unmarked quests||A Bit of Slap and Tickle · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don't Poke at the Bear · Eddie's Emissary · Exhumin' Nature · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Getting a Leg Up from Andy · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat's Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith's Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk's Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud's Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Of Boomers and Education · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Proper Burial · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo's Caravan Rules · Rotface's Loose Lips · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · Stocking Up · Suits You, Sarah · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Team Spirit · The Thorn Mayhem · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy's Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This (I, II, III, IV) · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a Woman|
| Cut quests||Auto-Inject Quest · Bright and Shiny · Chip Provenance · Debug Topics · Jailhouse Rock · Meat of Champions (quest) · TempMan · The Thorn Mayhem · Underpass Water Purifier · Viva Las Vegas! · Welcome to Fabulous New Vegas|