Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
From The Vault - Fallout Wiki
The two lovers, together
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Jack at the Nellis Hangars about what is troubling him. A Speech check of 35, the Confirmed Bachelor perk, or the Black Widow perk is necessary for him to open up.
- Travel to the Crimson Caravan Company and talk to Janet,
- Return to Nellis AFB and talk to Pearl. She can be convinced to let Janet in with a Speech check of 50, or by completing the quest Ant Misbehavin'.
- Talk to Jack again.
- Return to the Crimson Caravan Company and ask Janet to put on the Boomers' outfit.
- Talk to Alice McLafferty to get Janet out of her contract. She will lose her wages, but can retain them with a Barter check of 65 or a Speech check of 75.
- Talk to Janet and let her know her contract has been nulled.
- Return back to the Nellis Air Force Base and talk to Janet or Jack.
Quest stages[edit | edit source]
|1||Find Jack's love interest.|
|2||Ask Pearl for permission for Janet to enter Nellis.|
|3||Tell Jack that Janet is interested in him.|
|4||Take the Boomer Outfit to Janet.|
|5||Speak to Alice McLafferty on behalf of Janet.|
|6||Let Janet know McLafferty agreed to pay her.|
|7||Meet Janet back at Nellis.|
|8||Return to Jack.|
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Volare! before this quest, and talk to Janet, it is possible to return to Nellis and not be able to find Jack, but have a quest marker pointing to a spot in the hangar with the new B-29 bomber. Jack is actually 'stuck' in the old hangar with the broken B-29 pieces, and can only be reached by using player.moveto 000ff268. After you move to him, you can follow him outside of the hangar. He will then re-enter into the new hangar. If you accept this quest, but complete the quest
- Black Mountain and HELIOS One. The hill that they stand on is entirely out of reach of the player, and you will be unable to complete the quest without the use of console commands. It is still possible to end the quest by shooting them from a distance, but impossible to complete successfully. After speaking with Alice about releasing Janet's contract, Janet will begin to run towards Nellis AFB, where the quest directs you to speak with Jack again. If you fast travel to Nellis AFB to speak with Jack, he will not be there. Instead, both he and Janet will move to a hill near
- Heartache by the Number quest by killing Van Graff and McLafferty, Jack might not be at Nellis AFB at all. If the player has obtained Cass as companion, and done her
- player.additem 00107AF3 1. Sometimes the Boomer outfit is not added to your inventory. This completes Jack's quest requirements, however, leaves you only two options, lie (negative karma) or end conversation. This can be fixed in the console by the
- If you accept this quest, and continue with Boomer missions, but do not follow up on this unmarked quest, Janet will not appear. Jack and McLaffrey will no longer have the dialogues to support the quest. The quest will appear closed, yet it will be unchecked in the Pip-Boy menu.
- Sometimes, after you give the Boomer outfit to Janet, and she starts running towards Nellis, if you fast travel to Nellis AFB, you will arrive before Janet does, and Janet will die before reaching you. It turns out that Janet meets a physics glitch when running through a ruined building and is launched up into the sky, then is killed when she lands. This can be avoided by standing on the spot that causes Janet to glitch, forcing her to move around the player.