|For an overview of power fist models throughout the Fallout series, see power fist.|
Visibly, it appears as a blue and yellow colored metal gauntlet with an electrified plate wrapped around the fingers, which emits a burst of electricity when striking an object. A critical hit emits a more powerful blast. Needless to say, this effect makes it ideal for use against robots and power armor users.
- Paladin Toaster, a unique variant that is more damaging.
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Zap glove||35||57||1.6||x1||35||28||6||100||5200||Unarmed:75 Strength:2|
|Paladin Toaster||41||67||1.6||x1||41||28||6||80||6800||Unarmed:75 Strength:4|
- Crimson Caravan Camp - it can also be bought from Blake.
- Hidden Valley - can be found on Brotherhood of Steel initiates, who wield it. Elder McNamara may also be seen wearing one. In addition, multiple scribes carry them.
- Hoover Dam - it can be bought it from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - it can be bought from Mick.
- Miguel's Pawn Shop - can sometimes be bought from Miguel
- Red Rock Canyon, Great Khan armory - can sometimes be bought from the Great Khan armorer.
- Despite a small energy cell being clearly visible in the glove, it does not require any ammunition.
- The zap glove and its special variant, the Paladin Toaster, can be used to destroy Securitrons and other robots usually in one punch, even without a critical hit, making it very useful for a player who is focused on Unarmed weapons.
Behind the scenes
Despite using small energy cells in use, the weapon does not drain small energy cells from the player's inventory. This is the result of an engine limitation: melee and unarmed weapons cannot be assigned an ammo type, nor set to drain them. Obsidian encountered problems attempting to implement this feature and ultimately the weapons have an invisible, infinite ammo supply.
- Fallout 3 version of the power fist, despite the game files containing a specific icon for this weapon. The zap glove uses the same icon as the
- Sometimes repairing the zap glove with another one will cause them both to disappear.
- Dropping this weapon on the ground then shooting it will cause the screen to turn white for half a second, similar to the visual effects of a flash grenade.
- J.E. Sawyer: "Did you ever intend for the Ballistic Fist in Fallout: New Vegas to use shotgun shells as ammo?
I intended for several of the Unarmed weapons to use ammo, but we encountered some problems with implementing it. I would have liked to continue with it because I think ammo use/reloading could have helped distinguish those weapons in more interesting ways."
- JE Sawyer on Formspring