Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Blood-Nap is a unique variant of the Bowie knife that does bonus critical damage, gives a bonus critical chance, and adds +10 to Sneak. Though odd for a weapon, this is simply meant to make it a more accessible improved holdout weapon, that can be concealed if the players Sneak skill is 40 or more (50 is the usual requirement).
Blood-Nap's special attack is "Blood-nap" in V.A.T.S., which only does 80% damage, but removes 10 action points from the cost.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Bowie knife, the common variant.
Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Name||Dmg/att||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||AP cost||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.||Notes|
|Bowie knife||23||85.3||3.7||x1.5||35||20||1||100||999||Melee Weapons:75 Strength:3||-|
|Blood-Nap||30||110.8||3.7||x1.5||45||17||1||100||1999||Melee Weapons:50 Strength:4||Sneak +10|
Locations[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The weapon's Sneak bonus will be shown as "Activated" when the weapon is equipped, in an on-screen message.
- It is one of the few unique weapons in New Vegas with the same appearance as its non-unique counterpart, but this is due to an oversight and not intended. See below for more details.
- It may glow blue in dark areas.
- Blood-Nap does more damage and has a higher DPS than even Chance's knife, making this an extremely formidable single-handed bladed weapon.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Blood-Nap may be a reference to Set from the original Fallout.
- There remains in the files an unused texture that can only be assumed to be meant for the Blood-Nap, since it lacks a unique texture like near-all other unique weapons. See below for the texture applied to the Bowie knife.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- The weapon may sometimes clip with the players hand, showing part of the handle protruding through the knuckles when wielding the weapon.
Gallery[edit | edit source]