Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Hello, I am a new editor on this wiki and I noticed that you don't have any era icon. I believe that the articles should have an era icon placed on the upper right on the page which will be showing in what game we meet the content of the article and also categorize it in its proper category (for example, the fallout 3 article automatically adds the Fallout 3 category).
- Actually we have a template to diversify the articles (or sections of the articles) that refers to different games of Fallout series. For example articles based on Fallout 3 (or FO3) should contain the following template:
- To use above template put the following string at the top of the article in edit mode:
- Unfortunately this doesn't automatically add the article to any category so it must be done personally by the editor. The list of available categories can be found by clicking the "Browse by category" button on the left side of the page. RDGST 20:31, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- Adding every article related to FO3 to the Fallout 3 category would clutter the category too much. IMHO it's better to manually add the appropriate subcategories instead. And it's harder to place things in "eras" aside from people, unlike e.g. Wookieepedia, since Fallout's world is much less explored, and the fact that we saw something first in Fallout 3 doesn't mean it couldn't have been around for 200 years - e.g. pre-war weapons that first appear in Fallout 3, but obviously existed in the FO1 and 2 "eras" as well, just weren't seen. Ausir 12:50, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, I know what you mean. I don't know much about the fallout universe as I only have Fallout 3 (I bought it before a week or so). I cannot be sure about how "explored" is its world. --
Odysseas-Spartan5313:23, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
As you can see, we actually did implement something similar, only for games, not eras. Ausir 22:37, 18 February 2009 (UTC)