Forum:Gamebro dialogue project rewrite
Original project forum; Forum:Dialogue Project (Fallout 3 & New Vegas)
Our Gamebro dialogue project pages are woefully outdated and our charts themselves are missing whole dialogue segments. Also what is there is not added in the correct way. We need to rewrite the whole thing to properly standardize the format -Without- changing the content transposed to the chart format. For example; No new spaces, punctuation, or comment changes.--Ant2242 (talk) 20:45, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- Huh? Dude, everything in the charts is exported directly from the game files. There are no errors in terms of punctuation, everything has been automatically converted to our format. Furthermore, that's completely and utterly irrelevant. An extra space here or there does not change the content in any meaningful way, especially since it's content taken directly from the game with no modifications.
- As for missing dialogue segments, sure. But don't call it a pandemic, there are some errors, but don't blow it out of proportion. Our dialogue files are as complete as they can be with out current technology and they provide the necessary sources. Tagaziel (talk) 20:59, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- Errors? What errors? Spacing discrepancies are a result of the GECK conversion feature, not because some nefarious gremlins are sneaking in spaces into the contents to annoy you. An extra space is completely and utterly irrelevant because the wiki software automatically eliminates them. Do you honestly think our readers will be bothered by a single space in the text? No, they won't. Nobody will be, precisely because it has no bearing on the content. Tagaziel (talk) 21:43, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Regardless of your stance on the spacing issue, the project pages and formats need to be improved. As of now they are woefully outdated. How should we address this?--Ant2242 (talk) 22:38, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
- What's wrong with the format? Every pertinent information is included there. Tagaziel (talk) 22:44, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
Should we check for all the character's GECK IDs before while create the dialogue page then?
Also why are some dialogue pages broken into "Topic" and "Conversation"? I know the project page is outdated but this is not on there.
- Blind Diode Jefferson's dialogue
- Chauncey's dialogue
- Biological research station's dialogue
- Fantastic's dialogue
- Head waiter's dialogue
- Chauncey's dialogue
- et cetera