Forum:Issue with Fallout 1/2 on Vista
Ok guys, I seem to have an issue with playing Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 on Windows Vista (32bit).
It seems that, after about a second of running the game, the colours "go crazy". It's quite hard to explain what I'm talking about, so I've attached a screenshot of the Interplay logo with the colour issue.
Now, the thing is this only seems two-thirds of the time, other times it seems to run perfectly.
I've tried taking the following steps, but they don't seem to resolve the issue:
- Run in compatibility with Windows 95
- Run in 256 colours
- Run in 640x480
- Disable Visual Themes
- Run 16 bit colours
Any idea on how to fix this? Any (un)official patches I can install?
Lb8068 13:21, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Which version are you running, ie: original discs, gog.com etc. But I am surprised the 16 bit colour trick didn't work, as that is the normal culprit. 16:16, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
- It's a CD "pack": it includes Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel. Tactics runs fine (probably because of the different engine), but Fallout 1 and 2 suffer from the problem I mentioned. EDIT: It's published by "White Label". They're all on the one disk. Lb8068 16:27, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Try here 17:32, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
- Hmm, this seems to have resolved the issue for now. Thanks for the tech support guys! ;) Lb8068 19:02, May 16, 2011 (UTC)