Forum:Joint adminship request: Kris and TrailerParkApe
It's like I put on my user page: I revert edits. I revert them often, for fun, but only as needed. I'm also a modder. I know my way around various modding tools, mainly the G.E.C.K. and Fallout 3 Edit (FO3Edit), which allows me to delve into the game files and extract the answer to questions or disputes regarding facts about Fallout 3 (and, once it's released and I get it, Fallout: New Vegas as well). I don't know the other games firsthand, but my spelling and grammar are impeccable, and my browser comes with a spell check to boot. My former job as a PC tech gave me some uber search engine skills allowing me to find just about anything if it's on the Internet somewhere.
When I came to The Vault, I thought I would help out minimally. Once being here I have helped a lot and I'm on this website on a regular basis. The Vault, as we all know, is a great source of information and doesn't need to be vandalized and have false information. I know a lot about Fallout 3, unfortunately I have not played the other Fallout games. Once, New Vegas comes out I will be playing that a lot and also helping here by adding information as well as deleting poor information. I am taking part in the lower casing project, so I am often making edits contributing to that and renaming pages. I am trying to expand my knowledge on the this wiki and I have done so by making continuous edits and by creating my own wiki with the help of Annonnimus. As Kris mentioned, my spelling too, is also sharp and I like to fix the grammar mistakes, and it's easy to spot some because my browser as well has spell check on it.
In conclusion[edit source]
Like our predecessors in this joint adminship request concept, we just want to help the Vault as much as possible.
Poll finished on August 22, 2010.
A consensus must be reached by voting before any action is taken.
- While I'm rather miffed about the two of them stealing the cheeky idea that Spoony and I had, I can't help but heartily endorse the two when it comes down to it. Nitty Tok. 20:19, August 15, 2010 (UTC) to both from me. :D
- 126.96.36.199 01:49, August 19, 2010 (UTC) Why not. They work a lot, and pretty much deserve the admin tools. Nukey
- Fryingpan57 let ape into the vault,chris can burn in the nuclear holocost for all I care.
talk20:30, August 15, 2010 (UTC) I don't know how many admins we need, but TrailerParkApe and Deadlykris are fully qualified for the position and I know they'll do a good job. I say to both of them :) --
- RASICTalk 03:14, August 16, 2010 (UTC) I've never seen either of you do anything that would hinder becoming an admin. -
- Shadowrunner56 18:21, August 16, 2010 (UTC) Sure, I think you guys should be admins, but trailerpark you need to improve on making news blogs.
- Metalspork (word vomit) 04:55, August 17, 2010 (UTC) I approve of both of ye. I've seen lots of good edits from you guys :)
- Gothemasticator 01:36, August 19, 2010 (UTC) These two guys are workhorses. They continue to learn new things at a quick pace. I say, let them be admins.--
- Gaelan talk 02:21, August 19, 2010 (UTC) definately they deserve it there all ways helping so yes from me
- MuzRat 04:50, August 19, 2010 (UTC) Why not? They're always here practically every day and seem to know what they're doing. I haven't been here that long but from what can I tell they are among the biggest contributors so they should make good adminss, as long as they keep up the good work and continue learning of course... Count me as a thumbs up. -
- You guys are awesome and you definetely have my vote.Shadow 19:20, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
- Matt of the wastes I'm all for Ape but I haven't seen Kris much. Must be time differences.
- Insane! 05:19, August 20, 2010 (UTC) Haven't seen much of Kris either but I've seen Ape been being pretty helpful around on the wiki so yes...
- Mictlantecuhtli 12:45, August 20, 2010 (UTC) I typically agree with them reverting my edits, and they are not as pompous as some wiki admins. I like that immensely, admins should be friendly even when disagreeing with you instead of using the "Because I said so" routine (unless it's absolutely necesarry). This place feels as friendly as the Dragon Age wiki and alot of it is Kris, and Ape.
- —Preceding unsigned comment added by Jstarsupreme (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~! I've seen both of their names many times and their statistics are good. Why wouldn't you vote for them?
- -bleep196- 01:25, August 21, 2010 (UTC) I definetley think these guys deserve adminship they keep a constant watch over the forum and check the facts constantly to keep articles up to date. They have my Vote.
- (188.8.131.52 13:58, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
) They are fine where they are now. The last thing this page needs is them 2 throwing their weight around. Yes they are both excellent with grammar but they lack the people skills and judgement calls that admins should have. They don't deserve it, well at least not yet they have alot to learn about humility and sometimes they gotta not be so uptight. My 3 mates all agree. Its an allround no from us.
- I doubt the validity of 'your three mates'. :/
- I fail to see any things that connect with 'gotta not be so uptight'. Nitty Tok. 23:53, August 18, 2010 (UTC)
- (184.108.40.206 ) Absolutely. They look good, and I think they'll do some good for it.
- No I don't think that they would countribute beneficially to the project. Currently they're like "watchdogs" - in a bad sense 220.127.116.11 10:56, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Are they admins now? They have the votes and the poll has expired. - RASICTalk 01:04, August 24, 2010 (UTC)